BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »

Pastor Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento told his congregation that Christians “shouldn’t be mourning the death of 50 sodomites.”

“People say, like: Well, aren’t you sad that 50 sodomites died?” Jimenez said, referencing the initial death toll in Orlando, which authorities later clarified included 49 victims plus the gunman. “Here’s the problem with that. It’s like the equivalent of asking me — what if you asked me: ​Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?’

“Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. You know, I think Orlando, Fla., is a little safer tonight.”

He added: “The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job!”
Can't say I give a shit one way or another about our socially progressive issues.....don't impact me, so whatever, have enough else to worry about.  But I must say, when I heard that, it really made my blood boil.  How could anyone, anyone, especially someone who supposedly has a strong belief in God  think or say such a thing.  Hope the good Lord has a very special place for these  haters.
I generally wonder the same thing. Then I remember that you can't teach stupid, and it all makes sense.
No, it still doesn't make sense... :-\
Sure it does. People have no problem with a strict interpretation of words from the first half of a book that were passed down for hundreds of years before they were written down, and have been translated so many times that there's NO chance the meaning has changed over time, while completely ignoring the second half of the same book that talks about love, acceptance and forgiveness. See, stupid.

I'll leave this one for Bret, but the "New" part has it's own critics. Some actually prefer the fire and brimstone, wrath of God stuff. Kinda more along the negative reinforcement lines... Which in itself, has it's own critics. Something about opinions and assholes.  ;)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »

Good morning, Humpers... National Lobster Day, if you can afford it.
Not likely.  Morning Steve.

Yeah, me neither. I love the stuff, but upwards of $30 a lb., I'll buy some filet or strip instead.

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »

DOW.   +44

Bank of America to lay off 8,000 employees
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »

Had me a local brew last night. I was a little hesitant of the "sour" part, but I enjoyed it.

https://untappd.com/b/orpheus-brewing-serpent-bite/366627

« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:01 AM »

Good morning, Humpers... National Lobster Day, if you can afford it.
Not likely.  Morning Steve.

Yeah, me neither. I love the stuff, but upwards of $30 a lb., I'll buy some filet or strip instead.
We regularly buy small lobster tails  for $5 each on special here so get to enjoy that pretty often.

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »

Morning B.S.

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »

Had me a local brew last night. I was a little hesitant of the "sour" part, but I enjoyed it.

https://untappd.com/b/orpheus-brewing-serpent-bite/366627
Jester King brewery here specializes in sour's, sounded crazy to me but some of them are real good.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2016, 10:04:02 AM »

Good morning, Humpers... National Lobster Day, if you can afford it.
Not likely.  Morning Steve.

Yeah, me neither. I love the stuff, but upwards of $30 a lb., I'll buy some filet or strip instead.
We regularly buy small lobster tails  for $5 each on special here so get to enjoy that pretty often.

We can get similar here. Usually previously frozen. Nothing like dropping a live one though.

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2016, 10:09:44 AM »

Good morning, Humpers... National Lobster Day, if you can afford it.
Not likely.  Morning Steve.

Yeah, me neither. I love the stuff, but upwards of $30 a lb., I'll buy some filet or strip instead.
We regularly buy small lobster tails  for $5 each on special here so get to enjoy that pretty often.

We can get similar here. Usually previously frozen. Nothing like dropping a live one though.
Same here and definitely not a live one with the tail attached quality but actually pretty good.

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:12 AM »

[...]

True that.  Can be discussed for sure, but I think going back to yesterdays gun control is much safer... :o :-X

« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2016, 10:15:44 AM »

Had me a local brew last night. I was a little hesitant of the "sour" part, but I enjoyed it.

https://untappd.com/b/orpheus-brewing-serpent-bite/366627
Jester King brewery here specializes in sour's, sounded crazy to me but some of them are real good.
Reminds me of something I drank in HS....because it was alcohol....called Hop 'N Gator, which tasted like a Whiskey Sour mixed with Beer....closest thing I found to that taste lately was diet Red Bull.... :P

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

This one is for Tex's retirement humi and will be CheapoBean approved. Nica Rusticas on Famous bid, lot of (10) 10-packs currently @$33EA. Closes in 3-1/2 hours and only 2 current bids

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/nica-rustica-by-drew-estate-el-brujito-10-pack-cigars/item-41811?auctionnum=1564571
Why would I be interested in that when I bought 40 of them for $34 with FS a month ago???

I got Nica Rustica's running out all tubs, certainly one thing I do not need more of since I already was overstocked in the humi when I bought those..
I'll bet you couldn't even find a better price on 601 Greens!
CNS

« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »

[...]

Agreed. but I doubt Raz will check in today after yesterday's issues he probably has a lot to deal with.

« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »

[...]

I think if you want to think your religion is the correct one, out of the thousands available, you should probably take everything about it with a grain of salt. But that's just me trying to apply logic to religion, which is similar to banging your head against a wall several thousand times. Or discussing gun control on the internet. ;)

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2016, 10:18:22 AM »

This one is for Tex's retirement humi and will be CheapoBean approved. Nica Rusticas on Famous bid, lot of (10) 10-packs currently @$33EA. Closes in 3-1/2 hours and only 2 current bids

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/nica-rustica-by-drew-estate-el-brujito-10-pack-cigars/item-41811?auctionnum=1564571
Why would I be interested in that when I bought 40 of them for $34 with FS a month ago???

I got Nica Rustica's running out all tubs, certainly one thing I do not need more of since I already was overstocked in the humi when I bought those..
I'll bet you couldn't even find a better price on 601 Greens!
CNS
Just saw I left out the quantity break down - bought 40 total at 10/$34