CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: 6/15/2016  (Read 23085 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/15/2016
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »

Pastor Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento told his congregation that Christians “shouldn’t be mourning the death of 50 sodomites.”

“People say, like: Well, aren’t you sad that 50 sodomites died?” Jimenez said, referencing the initial death toll in Orlando, which authorities later clarified included 49 victims plus the gunman. “Here’s the problem with that. It’s like the equivalent of asking me — what if you asked me: ​Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?’

“Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. You know, I think Orlando, Fla., is a little safer tonight.”

He added: “The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job!”
Can't say I give a shit one way or another about our socially progressive issues.....don't impact me, so whatever, have enough else to worry about.  But I must say, when I heard that, it really made my blood boil.  How could anyone, anyone, especially someone who supposedly has a strong belief in God  think or say such a thing.  Hope the good Lord has a very special place for these  haters.
I generally wonder the same thing. Then I remember that you can't teach stupid, and it all makes sense.
No, it still doesn't make sense... :-\
Sure it does. People have no problem with a strict interpretation of words from the first half of a book that were passed down for hundreds of years before they were written down, and have been translated so many times that there's NO chance the meaning has changed over time, while completely ignoring the second half of the same book that talks about love, acceptance and forgiveness. See, stupid.

I'll leave this one for Bret, but the "New" part has it's own critics. Some actually prefer the fire and brimstone, wrath of God stuff. Kinda more along the negative reinforcement lines... Which in itself, has it's own critics. Something about opinions and assholes.  ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »

Good morning, Humpers... National Lobster Day, if you can afford it.
Not likely.  Morning Steve.

Yeah, me neither. I love the stuff, but upwards of $30 a lb., I'll buy some filet or strip instead.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »

DOW.   +44

Bank of America to lay off 8,000 employees

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »

Had me a local brew last night. I was a little hesitant of the "sour" part, but I enjoyed it.

https://untappd.com/b/orpheus-brewing-serpent-bite/366627

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:01 AM »

Yeah, me neither. I love the stuff, but upwards of $30 a lb., I'll buy some filet or strip instead.
We regularly buy small lobster tails  for $5 each on special here so get to enjoy that pretty often.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »

Morning B.S.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »

Had me a local brew last night. I was a little hesitant of the "sour" part, but I enjoyed it.

Jester King brewery here specializes in sour's, sounded crazy to me but some of them are real good.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2016, 10:04:02 AM »

We regularly buy small lobster tails  for $5 each on special here so get to enjoy that pretty often.

We can get similar here. Usually previously frozen. Nothing like dropping a live one though.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2016, 10:09:44 AM »

We can get similar here. Usually previously frozen. Nothing like dropping a live one though.
Same here and definitely not a live one with the tail attached quality but actually pretty good. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:12 AM »

Pastor Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento told his congregation that Christians “shouldn’t be mourning the death of 50 sodomites.”

“People say, like: Well, aren’t you sad that 50 sodomites died?” Jimenez said, referencing the initial death toll in Orlando, which authorities later clarified included 49 victims plus the gunman. “Here’s the problem with that. It’s like the equivalent of asking me — what if you asked me: ​Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?’

“Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. You know, I think Orlando, Fla., is a little safer tonight.”

He added: “The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job!”
Can't say I give a shit one way or another about our socially progressive issues.....don't impact me, so whatever, have enough else to worry about.  But I must say, when I heard that, it really made my blood boil.  How could anyone, anyone, especially someone who supposedly has a strong belief in God  think or say such a thing.  Hope the good Lord has a very special place for these  haters.
I generally wonder the same thing. Then I remember that you can't teach stupid, and it all makes sense.
Sure it does. People have no problem with a strict interpretation of words from the first half of a book that were passed down for hundreds of years before they were written down, and have been translated so many times that there's NO chance the meaning has changed over time, while completely ignoring the second half of the same book that talks about love, acceptance and forgiveness. See, stupid.

I'll leave this one for Bret, but the "New" part has it's own critics. Some actually prefer the fire and brimstone, wrath of God stuff. Kinda more along the negative reinforcement lines... Which in itself, has it's own critics. Something about opinions and assholes.  ;)
True that.  Can be discussed for sure, but I think going back to yesterdays gun control is much safer... :o :-X

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2016, 10:15:44 AM »

Jester King brewery here specializes in sour's, sounded crazy to me but some of them are real good.
Reminds me of something I drank in HS....because it was alcohol....called Hop 'N Gator, which tasted like a Whiskey Sour mixed with Beer....closest thing I found to that taste lately was diet Red Bull.... :P

sfish

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

This one is for Tex's retirement humi and will be CheapoBean approved. Nica Rusticas on Famous bid, lot of (10) 10-packs currently @$33EA. Closes in 3-1/2 hours and only 2 current bids

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/nica-rustica-by-drew-estate-el-brujito-10-pack-cigars/item-41811?auctionnum=1564571
Why would I be interested in that when I bought 40 of them for $34 with FS a month ago???

I got Nica Rustica's running out all tubs, certainly one thing I do not need more of since I already was overstocked in the humi when I bought those..
I'll bet you couldn't even find a better price on 601 Greens!
CNS

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2016, 10:16:36 AM »

True that.  Can be discussed for sure, but I think going back to yesterdays gun control is much safer... :o :-X
Agreed. but I doubt Raz will check in today after yesterday's issues he probably has a lot to deal with.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »

I think if you want to think your religion is the correct one, out of the thousands available, you should probably take everything about it with a grain of salt. But that's just me trying to apply logic to religion, which is similar to banging your head against a wall several thousand times. Or discussing gun control on the internet. ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2016, 10:18:22 AM »

This one is for Tex's retirement humi and will be CheapoBean approved. Nica Rusticas on Famous bid, lot of (10) 10-packs currently @$33EA. Closes in 3-1/2 hours and only 2 current bids

http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/nica-rustica-by-drew-estate-el-brujito-10-pack-cigars/item-41811?auctionnum=1564571
Why would I be interested in that when I bought 40 of them for $34 with FS a month ago???

I got Nica Rustica's running out all tubs, certainly one thing I do not need more of since I already was overstocked in the humi when I bought those..
I'll bet you couldn't even find a better price on 601 Greens!
CNS
Just saw I left out the quantity break down - bought 40 total at 10/$34
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19