« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »

Guess MayorNoPhone will not be dropping by this morning.  Sheesh, he sounds like a 90 year old woman trying to decide on a cell phone purchase.
he tapped me on the shoulder as i was going through the gates at Secaucus last evening, his phone
lights up, and make a nice carrying time keeper. it doesn't work as a phone or a browser though.
Good morning boys.
Did Tony's head light up?

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:18 AM »

Morning Flip

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2016, 10:40:57 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning Dr. DeRaz Tyson.
Morning, Bean. You want me to dissect any theoretical physics for you?
Yes.  How is it that no matter how many trips to Goodwill TexDave makes he can fill a dumpster and will still have crap left over?
The answer is self-obvious. He's infinitely full of crap.

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Dr. deRaz, could you explain a black hole?
Yes, I could.
Then figure out how long it could possibly take a human with warden supervision to install 10 feet of crown molding in a bathroom.

The solution approaches infinity.

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2016, 10:44:48 AM »

picked up the printer for my daughter at Staples, after she picked me up at the train.  then
since she was already in the car, drove to Micro Center, and had her test drive(type) several
laptops.  Ended up with an Acer Aspire Core I5, 8GB ram and a 256GB SSD hard drive, $499.99.  Thing boots
in no time flat. for more storage. will have to clean up a 1TB external hard drive I used to transfer files, from the old computer.  It's SATA III, in a SATA III - USB 3 case, the thing flies.   We opted for the I5 over the I7 for increased battery life. total time in store 35 minutes. got office 2016 for home & student, for $99, with purchase of Laptop.

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:26 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Dr. deRaz, could you explain a black hole?
Yes, I could.
…but will you?

Well, first we have to define a singularity...

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:36 AM »

Guess MayorNoPhone will not be dropping by this morning.  Sheesh, he sounds like a 90 year old woman trying to decide on a cell phone purchase.
he tapped me on the shoulder as i was going through the gates at Secaucus last evening, his phone
lights up, and make a nice carrying time keeper. it doesn't work as a phone or a browser though.
Good morning boys.
Did Tony's head light up?
no, but there was some reflection form the overhead lights.

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2016, 10:46:04 AM »

Morning Raz and Mr. Bean.

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Dr. deRaz, could you explain a black hole?
Yes, I could.
Then figure out how long it could possibly take a human with warden supervision to install 10 feet of crown molding in a bathroom.
Is black hole just another name for a DIY home improvement project?
Only if crown molding or feet are involved.

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2016, 10:46:42 AM »

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2016, 10:48:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Dr. deRaz, could you explain a black hole?
Is it that thing that you marry and sucks all the fun out of your life?
That's were I was going to go with it... :-X

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

I was supposed to be meeting with the big cheese this morning but he is a no show.   :(
Why, is it raining?

« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:37 AM »

picked up the printer for my daughter at Staples, after she picked me up at the train.  then
since she was already in the car, drove to Micro Center, and had her test drive(type) several
laptops.  Ended up with an Acer Aspire Core I5, 8GB ram and a 256GB SSD hard drive, $499.99.  Thing boots
in no time flat. for more storage. will have to clean up a 1TB external hard drive I used to transfer files, from the old computer.  It's SATA III, in a SATA III - USB 3 case, the thing flies.   We opted for the I5 over the I7 for increased battery life. total time in store 35 minutes. got office 2016 for home & student, for $99, with purchase of Laptop.
I like Micro Center but have to go to Houston or Dallas to shop at one, can't believe there is not one in Austin.

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2016, 10:50:13 AM »

I was supposed to be meeting with the big cheese this morning but he is a no show.   :(
Why, is it raining?
He has a problem with his back, besides he is not a part of the IT crowd.

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »

Possible diagnosis for Mayor T's phone sickness!

Rise of 'low battery anxiety'...

Do YOU have 'low battery anxiety'? 90% of us panic about losing power on our phones
•32 per cent of us will 'drop everything' to head home and charge phones
•17 per cent of males missed match on a dating app because phone died
•60 per cent have blamed a dead phone for not speaking to a loved one
then there are the old codgers, who remember what it was like before
the ubiquitous cell phones arrived, and are content to talk with people in person,
instead of being an "itard" walking slower since you are constantly looking at your phone.
I could go a week with my cell.