CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: 5/24/2016  (Read 19658 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/24/2016
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »

Time to take my morning walk.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »

Cops have got the street blocked off chasing some vagrants around across the street, great neighborhood we got here in downtown Austin.
Just getting their exercise for the day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »

Don't get chased by any police.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »

And at the Page today:

All sorts of mostly shitty cigars at terrible prices and a few decent cigars at terrible prices.
I looked at that picture and knew I didn't need to review any of the offerings.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »

Now we got a drug bust underway, photo from my office window.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 09:49:10 AM »

For those of us who are V fans the "private" email offer from the Sister is not a bad deal with Coronas at $99.99/box of 24 FS, not a Beano deal though by any means.  Regular price is around $120 or so.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »

Holy Cow!!!!

DOW  +165 points @ 17,659

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 09:58:30 AM »

Holy Cow!!!!

DOW  +165 points @ 17,659

Fixed it just before I called you on it....faster than I thought.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 09:59:35 AM »

Now we got a drug bust underway, photo from my office window.
Austins finest keeping those streets clean and safe for your walks.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 10:08:16 AM »

Head of TSA given the boot.

The Transportation Security Administration's head of security has been ousted amid an uproar over long lines at airport security checkpoints and intense scrutiny over bonus payments.

"Kelly Hoggan has been removed from his position as head of security at TSA, following our hearing on May 12 on mismanagement at TSA," the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform posted on its Twitter account.

Some lawmakers blasted TSA at the hearing for giving Hoggan $90,000 in bonuses at a time when watchdog tests revealed screeners routinely failed to find weapons at checkpoints. The hearing was one in a series where whistleblowers denounced the agency for rewarding top officials with large bonuses while retaliating against workers who complained about the unfair practices.

TSA Administrator Peter Neffenger told the panel he overhauled the bonus program and installed a $10,000-per-year cap. He also changed protocols to protect workers who spoke out, he said.

The pressure on TSA has been building in recent weeks amid reports of unprecedented airport security lines across the nation. Passenger numbers were approaching record totals while the numbers of screening personnel had been trimmed. Those issues were supposed to be offset by travelers signing up for  the expedited PreCheck screening program, but the number of fliers registering has fallen short of expectations.

Almost 500 people were stranded Sunday at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport when long lines prevented travelers from catching flights. Cots were provided — and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel promised angry travelers that the city's airports will get more screeners.

Neffenger named Darby LaJoye to serve as acting assistant administrator for the Office of Security Operations, the Associated Press reported, citing a memo addressed to TSA senior leaders.

“Darby LaJoye is an experienced Federal Security Director with successful leadership tours at two of the nation’s largest airports, Los Angeles International Airport in California and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York," the memo said.

Contributing: Ben Mutzabaugh

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 10:09:37 AM »

For those of us who are V fans the "private" email offer from the Sister is not a bad deal with Coronas at $99.99/box of 24 FS, not a Beano deal though by any means.  Regular price is around $120 or so.
Something to look forward to when I go through the daily spam.

Morning, muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »

The Transportation Security Administration's head of security has been ousted amid an uproar over long lines at airport security checkpoints and intense scrutiny over bonus payments.

"Kelly Hoggan has been removed from his position as head of security at TSA, following our hearing on May 12 on mismanagement at TSA," the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform posted on its Twitter account.

Some lawmakers blasted TSA at the hearing for giving Hoggan $90,000 in bonuses at a time when watchdog tests revealed screeners routinely failed to find weapons at checkpoints. The hearing was one in a series where whistleblowers denounced the agency for rewarding top officials with large bonuses while retaliating against workers who complained about the unfair practices.

TSA Administrator Peter Neffenger told the panel he overhauled the bonus program and installed a $10,000-per-year cap. He also changed protocols to protect workers who spoke out, he said.

The pressure on TSA has been building in recent weeks amid reports of unprecedented airport security lines across the nation. Passenger numbers were approaching record totals while the numbers of screening personnel had been trimmed. Those issues were supposed to be offset by travelers signing up for  the expedited PreCheck screening program, but the number of fliers registering has fallen short of expectations.

Almost 500 people were stranded Sunday at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport when long lines prevented travelers from catching flights. Cots were provided — and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel promised angry travelers that the city's airports will get more screeners.

Neffenger named Darby LaJoye to serve as acting assistant administrator for the Office of Security Operations, the Associated Press reported, citing a memo addressed to TSA senior leaders.

“Darby LaJoye is an experienced Federal Security Director with successful leadership tours at two of the nation’s largest airports, Los Angeles International Airport in California and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York," the memo said.

Sure. It ain't nuthin' more government employees can't fix.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2016, 10:15:42 AM »

Old saying around the gubment - "It Never Gets Better IT Only Gets Worse"     And this will once again follow the rule as demonstrated by the VA and IRS to prove very true.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »

Shell better have their biggggg checkbook out for this one!

TRACY, CA --
 Hazardous materials crews are cleaning up as many as 21,000 gallons of oil after a pipeline rupture in Northern California.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Shell Pipeline Co. officials say a response team is clearing contaminated soil and helping local and state officials monitor local air, water and ground conditions.

Shell reported the leak after noticing that a line lost pressure Friday. The underground pipeline near Tracy was leaking crude oil into the soil but not near any waterways.

San Joaquin County officials say the oil was visible in a 250-by-40-foot section on the ground

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2016, 10:23:11 AM »

239 Days!

That means roughly 120 days in the office and 30 working days. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13