CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 5/17/2016  (Read 13109 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 5/17/2016
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2016, 09:27:06 AM »

I'm tired. slept like crap. gotta borrow a mower and take care of the lawn today, then fix my porch.

GFY - AF CurlyHead Deluxe and coffee.
Rough life you live there Dean but you should not have broken your porch. ;D
not broken, yet, rotted is more like it. landlady was going to have it fixed but I've waited too long. got the materials and will do it my self.
You using wood or something that will hold up like Trex?
pressure treated 2x6. yes, I have the receipt for materials to get my money back.
What about labor?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2016, 09:27:22 AM »

SHEESH, SSS Lull or is it an FDA Lull?
Thank goodness the retirement tubs are FDA-Proof
Yes sir, sealed up and locked!
Seriously, has to make you feel pretty good to have done that
Seems to have been a good move but will not send up the fireworks until we see the final results.  Either way though most deals are a good bit more costly now than when I bought most of mine.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »

I'm tired. slept like crap. gotta borrow a mower and take care of the lawn today, then fix my porch.

GFY - AF CurlyHead Deluxe and coffee.
Rough life you live there Dean but you should not have broken your porch. ;D
not broken, yet, rotted is more like it. landlady was going to have it fixed but I've waited too long. got the materials and will do it my self.
You using wood or something that will hold up like Trex?
pressure treated 2x6. yes, I have the receipt for materials to get my money back.
What about labor?
What labor?

sfish

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2016, 09:30:30 AM »

Morning Fish
Morning Dave, how about all of the gloom and doom in the cigar industry? Does this mean we need to start buying two-turd-Tuesday offerings?
IMHO Means you should have bought like a maniac as I did when all those super deals were around in November, December and January.

I said then and I say now unless something changes it will double to triple the cost of cigars within the next year and has already driven prices up around 20% it looks to me like.  I also think there will be damn few small producers left next year.
That immediate price bump is pure industry greed (or a last money grab before lean times) because nothing has actually happened yet.
Exactly and as usual, Famous has lead the pack

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2016, 09:33:58 AM »

Don't tell Travellin Dave because he does not like them but the Sister has a great buy on the Room 101 Daruma's in the Mutante (Lancero)  Vitola for $70/Box FS

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:03 AM »

Markets Open

DOW  - 46  @ 17,664

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »

Markets Open

DOW  - 46  @ 17,664
Still dropping, -71 now

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »

Don't tell Travellin Dave because he does not like them but the Sister has a great buy on the Room 101 Daruma's in the Mutante (Lancero)  Vitola for $70/Box FS
True, the one Room 101 I wouldn't buy.  For folks that like Davidoff, it would probably be a great buy.  Strong earthy/mushroom profile.
I love mushrooms, just not in my cigars.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2016, 09:56:02 AM »

Morning Fish
Morning Dave, how about all of the gloom and doom in the cigar industry? Does this mean we need to start buying two-turd-Tuesday offerings?
IMHO Means you should have bought like a maniac as I did when all those super deals were around in November, December and January.

I said then and I say now unless something changes it will double to triple the cost of cigars within the next year and has already driven prices up around 20% it looks to me like.  I also think there will be damn few small producers left next year.
That immediate price bump is pure industry greed (or a last money grab before lean times) because nothing has actually happened yet.
Lean times?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »

Not a bad windfall:

Colorado has the country’s most mature legal cannabis marketplace. Analysts say the state could see $1 billion in sales this year, and last year, growers and buyers paid more than $135 million in cannabis taxes and fees. About $35 million is dedicated to school construction and upgrades, although cities and counties are also using the money to prop up social safety nets, provide drug-addiction counseling and increased enforcement to combat underage consumption.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »

SHEESH, SSS Lull or is it an FDA Lull?
Thank goodness the retirement tubs are FDA-Proof
I don't need a special effort.  I'm in a perennial state of readiness.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Fuk the FDA. Fuk the Government. Fuk Obama. And Fuk Tuesday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »

And your Texas news for the day:

BRAZORIA COUNTY, TEXAS - Authorities say a headless body was found in a pickup truck parked at a boat ramp in Brazoria County earlier this month.

On May 3, the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office received a call that there appeared to be a dead person in a blue Chevrolet pickup truck. Investigators said a fisherman came back from a day on the water and noticed the truck hadn’t moved since early that morning.

Deputies found the headless body in the truck, and confirmed the man's identity through fingerprint analysis.

The victim was Jubal Dee Alexander from Port Arthur, Texas.

Alexander worked as a pipe cutter for a plant in the area. Authorities say he worked the overnight shift, and was homeless, so he would sleep in his truck during the day.

Authorities say the victim was last heard from on April 27. According to authorities, Alexander's head has not been located.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2016, 10:21:53 AM »

And your Texas news for the day:

BRAZORIA COUNTY, TEXAS - Authorities say a headless body was found in a pickup truck parked at a boat ramp in Brazoria County earlier this month.

On May 3, the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office received a call that there appeared to be a dead person in a blue Chevrolet pickup truck. Investigators said a fisherman came back from a day on the water and noticed the truck hadn’t moved since early that morning.

Deputies found the headless body in the truck, and confirmed the man's identity through fingerprint analysis.

The victim was Jubal Dee Alexander from Port Arthur, Texas.

Alexander worked as a pipe cutter for a plant in the area. Authorities say he worked the overnight shift, and was homeless, so he would sleep in his truck during the day.

Authorities say the victim was last heard from on April 27. According to authorities, Alexander's head has not been located.
Don't Mess With Texas

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2016, 10:22:18 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Fuk the FDA. Fuk the Government. Fuk Obama. And Fuk Tuesday.
Whole lotta fuk'n going on around here!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9