Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2016, 03:04:05 PM »

F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
East Coasters or somebody else?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »

Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Any Pluff Mud on tap, T/SC R?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 03:11:24 PM »

Anyone try the 5 Vegas 2016 Limitada, yet?  I assume that it was given out at CFest by Steve R or his surrogate.
Made by AJF, it's being paired in a 10 pack deal with the Rocky Patel 50th in an e-mail from Cigardotcom.
In the past, they haven't been so hot, but made by AJF (5 Vegas AAA), it might be pretty good.

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »

extra 20% off sitewide at CI use code Father
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2016, 03:19:56 PM »

Afternoon, BOTLs.  Sad the Caps lost to the Penguins last night, one more time preventing the Caps from getting to the next level.
It was exciting though watching them battle back from a 3-0 deficit, with the help of 3 consecutive delay of game penalties on the -guins.
Easing the pain was a nice scotch and Camacho Corojo (red label) robusto, my first since they were changed and bought by Davidoff.  I have had and enjoyed the Ecuador (bright blue label).  The robusto lasted pretty long and was worthy of being nubbed.

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »

F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
East Coasters or somebody else?
East and West coasters.  It's still going on.  I finally pulled a TexDave and said f'k it.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »

extra 20% off sitewide at CI use code Father
Flip, I was thinking about you on Sunday night when I was recruited to sing Karaoke at the bar/restaurant where we usually have our Thursday night Cigar herfs.  The pretty waitress, who seems to like me (given me her phone number), urged me to sing, saying you get a restaurant gift card for first timers.  At first I declined, but I thought about it and asked the main dude about songs he had available (not listed in his book), he had it, so I sang "House of the Rising Sun" and got a real positive response from various sfaff and bartenders.  My waitress said one of the managers recorded it!  Later, there was this lady all over me, even though her "boyfriend" was there, trying to get me to sing more.  She had sung a male crooners song (like Sinatra) and was terrible.  I suggested she choose something from a female singer, like Patsy Cline, suggesting, "Walking After Midnight".  When it came up  she dragged me up there to do it as a duet, I said no, I was suggesting it for her, but I was the one that ended up singing it ... and again got really good feedback from people around. I should have quit while I was ahead.  I had planned to leave at 11pm, it was now after midnight and  I really needed to get going, so I thought I'd do "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" (coming for to carry me home ... get it?)  Unfortunately, it was slow, only a cheesy organ, and not in my key ... I did my best but (in my mind) was terrible ...
One guy that got up did something contemporary, that some tricky and high notes, and he absolutely nailed it ... so I tried to point that lady in his direction.
I did pat that guy on the back for a great performance, and he said that he had practiced, but had to overcome shyness/stage fright to sing ... I suggested that
he follow Prince's lead in taking prescription drugs to help him with that. Without a pause, he said, I already do.

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »

[...]
At this point, I can sing Karaoke on a club soda... find a lot of guys will have no problem with Mack the Knife, but
House of the Rising Sun was a very good choice.   You have to learn to read the room.  can get away with Sinatra here in NJ, but in Hawaii(big island) it bombs, they prefer country tunes like "Whiskey Girl".  some other good tunes, "King of the Road", or Arlo Guthrie's "City of New Orleans".

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »

I notice they've gone to 7 minutes on the scorcher deals. Bastiges.
That's because people here were complaining that they were too quick.  Never satisfy everybody.
TWSS.

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »

For your afternoon enjoyment....Boob Twerking....

http://uproxx.com/webculture/sara-x-boob-twerking/

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »

For your afternoon enjoyment....Boob Twerking....

http://uproxx.com/webculture/sara-x-boob-twerking/
I hope Oy isn't lurking.  He's into boobs of a different persuasion.

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »

Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Any Pluff Mud on tap, T/SC R?
Yu know what I was in a place Monday night that had it on the menu and when I ordered it they were out.  Don't find it at too many places .

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 06:17:06 PM »

extra 20% off sitewide at CI use code Father
$99 minimum purchase

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2016, 06:17:55 PM »

F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
East Coasters or somebody else?
East and West coasters.  It's still going on.  I finally pulled a TexDave and said f'k it.
Now that is the way to man-up!

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2016, 06:19:52 PM »

Evening gents, day trip complete.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9