Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 220993 times)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1965 on: July 23, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

Cheer up...for the legs guys...

Oops...yellowstar fail!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1966 on: July 23, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »

Anyone wanna go for a drive?

Yes, in a motorboat

Is that Bret's wife?
Well if it is, now I DO care if she has a front

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1967 on: July 23, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »

Morning, all.  In-laws arrive today, staying through the weekend.  Woohoo.
Morning Joe, is that a good thing?

Not really a BAD thing, but still... house guests are tiring.  Wife gets all squirrely with her mom around, FIL tends to drive me crazy...
Sounds great!

Always a blast.  Can't wait for the FIL to ask for some very expensive whiskey and then take it like a shot.  I know, I know, share the good stuff.  Still makes me cringe.  Then someone will start cooking and a jam session will break out.
You could always hide the primo stuff now, leave a couple of decent ones to be hospitable.
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1968 on: July 23, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »

Morning, all.  In-laws arrive today, staying through the weekend.  Woohoo.
Morning Joe, is that a good thing?

Not really a BAD thing, but still... house guests are tiring.  Wife gets all squirrely with her mom around, FIL tends to drive me crazy...
Sounds great!

Always a blast.  Can't wait for the FIL to ask for some very expensive whiskey and then take it like a shot.  I know, I know, share the good stuff.  Still makes me cringe.  Then someone will start cooking and a jam session will break out.
You could always hide the primo stuff now, leave a couple of decent ones to be hospitable.

That's usually what I do.  Gotta leave some decent stuff out because I'll be drinking it, too.  Can't pour him something from one bottle, and then myself from a different one.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1969 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »

Mornin', folks. Hard to believe it's only Wednesday.
Glass half empty Dave? Morning
I guess. I'll try to be more optomistic. Mornin', Scott.
I guess that can be hard with dust in your shorts.
Dave, the Founder's Imperial Stout is on tap at Joe Canal's in Lawerenceville. I'll get it if it comes available in Woodbridge
Thanks, I'll check in on Friday.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1970 on: July 23, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »

Anyone wanna go for a drive?

Yes, in a motorboat

Is that Bret's wife?
I don't know, turn her around....
Changed hair color....not going to speculate with cuffs matching collar....

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
Beyond understandable.  I hope the trip was good and everything worked out Tony.  Again, very sorry for your loss!

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
Beyond understandable.  I hope the trip was good and everything worked out Tony.  Again, very sorry for your loss!
The trip went very well, thanks.  Got things settled and hopefully mom'll hang in there for a while longer.  Peppino had a good run.  Looking forward to the flip.  :-)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.
Yeah, but the Italians suck.  My brother had asked and they basically told him, tough shit.  I feel like I've been gone for a month or more.  It's been a looooooooong week.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}

[...]
Some[edit] airlines are doing away with bereavement fares. Basic greed. They are glad to charge you extra for that last minute ticket, tho.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

[...]
Bastiges!