CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 220993 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1965 on: July 23, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

Cheer up...for the legs guys...

Oops...yellowstar fail!

sfish

« Reply #1966 on: July 23, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »

Anyone wanna go for a drive?

Yes, in a motorboat

Is that Bret's wife?
Well if it is, now I DO care if she has a front

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1967 on: July 23, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »

Morning, all.  In-laws arrive today, staying through the weekend.  Woohoo.
Morning Joe, is that a good thing?

Not really a BAD thing, but still... house guests are tiring.  Wife gets all squirrely with her mom around, FIL tends to drive me crazy...
Sounds great!

Always a blast.  Can't wait for the FIL to ask for some very expensive whiskey and then take it like a shot.  I know, I know, share the good stuff.  Still makes me cringe.  Then someone will start cooking and a jam session will break out.
You could always hide the primo stuff now, leave a couple of decent ones to be hospitable.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1968 on: July 23, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »

Morning, all.  In-laws arrive today, staying through the weekend.  Woohoo.
Morning Joe, is that a good thing?

Not really a BAD thing, but still... house guests are tiring.  Wife gets all squirrely with her mom around, FIL tends to drive me crazy...
Sounds great!

Always a blast.  Can't wait for the FIL to ask for some very expensive whiskey and then take it like a shot.  I know, I know, share the good stuff.  Still makes me cringe.  Then someone will start cooking and a jam session will break out.
You could always hide the primo stuff now, leave a couple of decent ones to be hospitable.

That's usually what I do.  Gotta leave some decent stuff out because I'll be drinking it, too.  Can't pour him something from one bottle, and then myself from a different one.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1969 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »

Mornin', folks. Hard to believe it's only Wednesday.
Glass half empty Dave? Morning
I guess. I'll try to be more optomistic. Mornin', Scott.
I guess that can be hard with dust in your shorts.
Dave, the Founder's Imperial Stout is on tap at Joe Canal's in Lawerenceville. I'll get it if it comes available in Woodbridge
Thanks, I'll check in on Friday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1970 on: July 23, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »

Anyone wanna go for a drive?

Yes, in a motorboat

Is that Bret's wife?
I don't know, turn her around....
Changed hair color....not going to speculate with cuffs matching collar....

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
Beyond understandable.  I hope the trip was good and everything worked out Tony.  Again, very sorry for your loss!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

Beyond understandable.  I hope the trip was good and everything worked out Tony.  Again, very sorry for your loss!
The trip went very well, thanks.  Got things settled and hopefully mom'll hang in there for a while longer.  Peppino had a good run.  Looking forward to the flip.  :-)

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!

You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.
Yeah, but the Italians suck.  My brother had asked and they basically told him, tough shit.  I feel like I've been gone for a month or more.  It's been a looooooooong week.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}

Yeah, but the Italians suck.  My brother had asked and they basically told him, tough shit.  I feel like I've been gone for a month or more.  It's been a looooooooong week.
Some[edit] airlines are doing away with bereavement fares. Basic greed. They are glad to charge you extra for that last minute ticket, tho.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!

Bastiges!
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 136