Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 217336 times)

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
sounds like fun! Welcome home.

Mornin' folks.
Morning DR.  We're just hearing how raz was swallowed by a whale.
Actually, that was two years ago and it was #1 son. He was motoring the dinghy across Liberty Bay and hadn't seen the gray whale that had surfaced behind him. He swung around to come back across and the whale ate him.

Okay, it didn't eat him, but it scared him pretty good and we had to discuss the matter with Federal officials who thought he had been harassing the whale.

Mornin' folks.
Morning DR.  We're just hearing how raz was swallowed by a whale.
Actually, that was two years ago and it was #1 son. He was motoring the dinghy across Liberty Bay and hadn't seen the gray whale that had surfaced behind him. He swung around to come back across and the whale ate him.

Okay, it didn't eat him, but it scared him pretty good and we had to discuss the matter with Federal officials who thought he had been harassing the whale.
How in the world did the feds become involved?  Whale-cam?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1399 on: July 21, 2014, 10:34:25 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Morning DR.  We're just hearing how raz was swallowed by a whale.
Actually, that was two years ago and it was #1 son. He was motoring the dinghy across Liberty Bay and hadn't seen the gray whale that had surfaced behind him. He swung around to come back across and the whale ate him.

Okay, it didn't eat him, but it scared him pretty good and we had to discuss the matter with Federal officials who thought he had been harassing the whale.
How in the world did the feds become involved?  Whale-cam?
Happened to be in the area monitoring whales - dumb luck. Getting within 100 yards of whales is a federal crime.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1401 on: July 21, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Morning DR.  We're just hearing how raz was swallowed by a whale.
Howdy Mark.....that whole Jonah thing is just so old. Should I tell 'em about the giant spider?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1403 on: July 21, 2014, 10:38:25 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
well I spoke too soon. just got off the phone with the owner in Yankeetown. she is reserving a camper for me and as soon as my deposit gets there and clears I can be in Florida as soon as I tie up loose ends, quit my job, and pack the Jeep.

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
well I spoke too soon. just got off the phone with the owner in Yankeetown. she is reserving a camper for me and as soon as my deposit gets there and clears I can be in Florida as soon as I tie up loose ends, quit my job, and pack the Jeep.
Hey! Good news! Tolja it'd work out. ;-)

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1406 on: July 21, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »

Morning, all.  Not quite ready for this Monday morning, but I guess that kinda applies to all of them.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1407 on: July 21, 2014, 10:43:31 AM »

Morning, everyone.  What's on fire?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1408 on: July 21, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
well I spoke too soon. just got off the phone with the owner in Yankeetown. she is reserving a camper for me and as soon as my deposit gets there and clears I can be in Florida as soon as I tie up loose ends, quit my job, and pack the Jeep.
Nice Dean, what kind of time are you looking at?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1409 on: July 21, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »

Morning Dusty, Will, Joe, Bret