CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 220917 times)

Threebean

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1380 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
OY OY OY!
seņor 87, only two more days of vacation then it's traveling day for us.
Very nice, one heck of a vacation!
Indeed, the bastige.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #1381 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
So you didn't like the Mag50 eh?
not really, I could see enjoying it with some more age and in an air conditioned lounge. It's a big cigar, I'm tending to like smaller ones. TWSS.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #1382 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:57 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
OY OY OY!
seņor 87, only two more days of vacation then it's traveling day for us.
Very nice, one heck of a vacation!
Indeed, the bastige.
hey, it made me appreciate working. Sitting on a beach smoking cigars and drinking rum gets old. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1383 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
So you didn't like the Mag50 eh?
not really, I could see enjoying it with some more age and in an air conditioned lounge. It's a big cigar, I'm tending to like smaller ones. TWSS.
LOL!  Yeah I hear ya about the smaller ones in the heat, I would heavily favor the PC size in that climate.  I get a lot of dried fruit flavors when I smoke it, but to each him own.  That's the main reason why it's a staple in my humidor is for those flavors.  And trust me, aged ones are unbelievable.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.

dwgbryant

« Reply #1385 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
Waddup Raz!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1387 on: July 21, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
It's a prema-vacation down there...do people even work in FL?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA

Waddup Raz!
Morning, Shaun. Just nice to be home. Well, it would be, if I wasn't en route to work. But you know what I mean.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Waddup Raz!
Morning, Shaun. Just nice to be home. Well, it would be, if I wasn't en route to work. But you know what I mean.
I hear ya man, fuggin Mondays...leaving a little early today, at least that's something to look forward to. 
ND is like FL today, 95deg with 85% humidity...FML!

dwgbryant

glad to hear everyone made it back safely.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #1391 on: July 21, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »

Mornin' folks.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA

glad to hear everyone made it back safely.
Indeed. We actually were in no great danger. The TQ is a blue-water boat, has been to Alaska and Mexico, and can handle far worse than 40-mph winds and 5-foot seas. The crew, however, was a little green from not having been on the boat in two years (mom was battling cancer last summer). And #2 son had never seen anything like that. So the tension level was high, and exhaustion became a factor.  We'll tell stories about it for years, and the waves will of course get taller and the winds heavier...and there will be sharks and killer octopi.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA

Threebean

« Reply #1394 on: July 21, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Morning DR.  We're just hearing how raz was swallowed by a whale.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 136