Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 220917 times)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1380 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
OY OY OY!
seņor 87, only two more days of vacation then it's traveling day for us.
Very nice, one heck of a vacation!
Indeed, the bastige.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1381 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
So you didn't like the Mag50 eh?
not really, I could see enjoying it with some more age and in an air conditioned lounge. It's a big cigar, I'm tending to like smaller ones. TWSS.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1382 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:57 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
OY OY OY!
seņor 87, only two more days of vacation then it's traveling day for us.
Very nice, one heck of a vacation!
Indeed, the bastige.
hey, it made me appreciate working. Sitting on a beach smoking cigars and drinking rum gets old.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1383 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »

Buenos Dias muchachos
So you didn't like the Mag50 eh?
not really, I could see enjoying it with some more age and in an air conditioned lounge. It's a big cigar, I'm tending to like smaller ones. TWSS.
LOL!  Yeah I hear ya about the smaller ones in the heat, I would heavily favor the PC size in that climate.  I get a lot of dried fruit flavors when I smoke it, but to each him own.  That's the main reason why it's a staple in my humidor is for those flavors.  And trust me, aged ones are unbelievable.

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1385 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
Waddup Raz!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1387 on: July 21, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »

doesn't anyone in Florida answer their phones? responding to 3 emails to call and I get answering machines. sheesh.
It's a prema-vacation down there...do people even work in FL?

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
Waddup Raz!
Morning, Shaun. Just nice to be home. Well, it would be, if I wasn't en route to work. But you know what I mean.

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
Waddup Raz!
Morning, Shaun. Just nice to be home. Well, it would be, if I wasn't en route to work. But you know what I mean.
I hear ya man, fuggin Mondays...leaving a little early today, at least that's something to look forward to.
ND is like FL today, 95deg with 85% humidity...FML!
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
glad to hear everyone made it back safely.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1391 on: July 21, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »

Mornin' folks.

Morning, muchachos. Back from the sea. Got caught in a freak gale on Saturday and had a hairy crossing to hide between two islands, so didn't get home until yesterday afternoon. Hell of an adventure, though.
glad to hear everyone made it back safely.
Indeed. We actually were in no great danger. The TQ is a blue-water boat, has been to Alaska and Mexico, and can handle far worse than 40-mph winds and 5-foot seas. The crew, however, was a little green from not having been on the boat in two years (mom was battling cancer last summer). And #2 son had never seen anything like that. So the tension level was high, and exhaustion became a factor.  We'll tell stories about it for years, and the waves will of course get taller and the winds heavier...and there will be sharks and killer octopi.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1394 on: July 21, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Morning DR.  We're just hearing how raz was swallowed by a whale.