CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 217283 times)

dwgbryant

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1155 on: July 19, 2014, 06:02:26 AM »

good morning? it's the weekend!!
Morning Sir and yes it is the weekend.  You golfing this morning?
maybe later.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #1156 on: July 19, 2014, 06:23:22 AM »

JdN Antano robusto and coffee, with a very tired lady.
That's the spirit, you old dog you!

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #1157 on: July 19, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »

Good morning guys.

dwgbryant

« Reply #1158 on: July 19, 2014, 06:31:04 AM »

tired from the tenant upstairs until 5am, nothing I caused. ha.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #1159 on: July 19, 2014, 06:39:56 AM »

Wake up Dean it is nothing but a nightmare!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1160 on: July 19, 2014, 06:40:30 AM »

Good morning guys.
Good Morning LSU.  How is it going with your Mom? 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #1161 on: July 19, 2014, 06:40:31 AM »

And here I was, giving you the benefit of the doubt. Haha.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1162 on: July 19, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1163 on: July 19, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »

Did I miss something?  Something for the win category??  Dean certainly has a knack for leaving those cliffhangers out there.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #1164 on: July 19, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »

Good morning guys.
I will just say she is progressing but the sudden interests of one of my 3 brothers is getting ready to boil over and get really ugly, my 3 brothers totally abandoned her since my fathers passing 7 + years ago and have been holiday visitors only leaving her total care and property needs left to me and my family, of course all of a sudden he doesn't agree with any of her decisions and wants to take total control of her and her life now. The one thing no one talked about when you are younger is what families go through with the aging process, it's expensive, physically wears families out and gets to be really ugly and no one really talks about it. The bad thing is that he and I share power of attorney over my mother so I can see heads locking very shortly on her future care and her assets. It's not a money issue at all since the woman has more cash than she can ever spend and all he wants to do is for her to get rid of all the family property that has been here since the middle 1800's. I just know I want to go really quickly like my father and not put this kind of strain on my wife and children down the road which I know really isn't that far off.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1165 on: July 19, 2014, 07:17:09 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Morning Frenchman.  What country you in this morning?

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #1166 on: July 19, 2014, 07:18:46 AM »

Did I miss something?  Something for the win category??  Dean certainly has a knack for leaving those cliffhangers out there.
yes he does need to elaborate a little, it would be good to hear some good news lately, I wouldn't mind a nice fairy tale about one of his avi girls being rich and wanting to move in with him.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1167 on: July 19, 2014, 07:23:59 AM »

Good morning guys.
I will just say she is progressing but the sudden interests of one of my 3 brothers is getting ready to boil over and get really ugly, my 3 brothers totally abandoned her since my fathers passing 7 + years ago and have been holiday visitors only leaving her total care and property needs left to me and my family, of course all of a sudden he doesn't agree with any of her decisions and wants to take total control of her and her life now. The one thing no one talked about when you are younger is what families go through with the aging process, it's expensive, physically wears families out and gets to be really ugly and no one really talks about it. The bad thing is that he and I share power of attorney over my mother so I can see heads locking very shortly on her future care and her assets. It's not a money issue at all since the woman has more cash than she can ever spend and all he wants to do is for her to get rid of all the family property that has been here since the middle 1800's. I just know I want to go really quickly like my father and not put this kind of strain on my wife and children down the road which I know really isn't that far off.
That is a terrible trying situation for sure but certainly not unusual.  I had to deal with both parents suffering miserable ends to their lives but only 1 brother and we had no issues for which I am still immensely appreciative of to this day?  He is a Doctor and that helped me by making me comfortable knowing he could and would make the best decisions for them.  I sure agree on the going quickly after what we went through, especially with my Mother who suffered for several years.  Good to hear she is progressing though.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #1168 on: July 19, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »

Good morning guys.
You're right Chip, this is something that is rarely properly planned for and usually brings out the worst in some people.  Difficult with that joint power of attorney....that's why it is preferred to be with only one person (for better or worse)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1169 on: July 19, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »

Good morning guys.
You're right Chip, this is something that is rarely properly planned for and usually brings out the worst in some people.  Difficult with that joint power of attorney....that's why it is preferred to be with only one person (for better or worse)
+1 on the single power of attorney.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 136