CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 217334 times)

sfish

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!
Dave! How goes it with the wife?
Funny you should ask, she has the surgery scheduled for Tuesday, but they just came back with something today that's wrong with the EKG they did yesterday to prep for the surgery. So now we don't know what the fuck is going on. I swear to god, with that woman, it's one thing or another, medically. She's such a hot fucking mess with this shit. Argh. Rant over.
Time to trade her in for a newer model! Sorry to hear that Dave, sounds severely frustrating

Kinda makes you wish you could go to the wife store on the way home from work, pick a couple out for the weekend, and when you're done just get ready for some new ones.  And for the record and to protect myself, I'm sure wives everywhere wish the same thing.
I think the husband store would be more crowded than the wife store in all fairness. Morning Joe, finally beer-drinking day for me

You're probably right. I've pledged to stop drinking beer during the week, having to work a little TOO hard at the gym to keep up, haha.  Did have a Ballast Point Big Eye IPA last night, though.  So no beer drinking during the week starting next week.  Tonight, it's on. May swing by Stone for some more of the Bourbon Barrel Arrogant Bastard.  Something called "Woot Stout" came out that people are raving about (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/119966/?ba=Rollzroyce21) and I want to try some of that, too.
I saw a 3-brewery collaboration between Stone, Ballast Point and something Bay (maybe) but it was really weak so it didn't interest me

sfish

« Reply #961 on: July 18, 2014, 11:40:29 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!
Funny you should ask, she has the surgery scheduled for Tuesday, but they just came back with something today that's wrong with the EKG they did yesterday to prep for the surgery. So now we don't know what the fuck is going on. I swear to god, with that woman, it's one thing or another, medically. She's such a hot fucking mess with this shit. Argh. Rant over.
Time to trade her in for a newer model! Sorry to hear that Dave, sounds severely frustrating

Kinda makes you wish you could go to the wife store on the way home from work, pick a couple out for the weekend, and when you're done just get ready for some new ones.  And for the record and to protect myself, I'm sure wives everywhere wish the same thing.
Kinda like when I stop by the brewery on the way home and trade in my empty growlers for fresh, full ones?

LOL, exactly like that.  Nice and fresh and when they're gone, they're gone.  No empty bottles laying around.  How are those growlers working out for you?  Kinda fun, isn't it?  Like having a beer tap right in your fridge.
Yeah that sounds great. There's not been something interesting enough to make me buy a growler yet but I imagine in the fall/winter it'll be on like donkey kong

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #962 on: July 18, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!

I think the husband store would be more crowded than the wife store in all fairness. Morning Joe, finally beer-drinking day for me

You're probably right. I've pledged to stop drinking beer during the week, having to work a little TOO hard at the gym to keep up, haha.  Did have a Ballast Point Big Eye IPA last night, though.  So no beer drinking during the week starting next week.  Tonight, it's on. May swing by Stone for some more of the Bourbon Barrel Arrogant Bastard.  Something called "Woot Stout" came out that people are raving about (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/119966/?ba=Rollzroyce21) and I want to try some of that, too.
I saw a 3-brewery collaboration between Stone, Ballast Point and something Bay (maybe) but it was really weak so it didn't interest me

Hard to justify a beer run this afternoon with a whole box of beer arriving tomorrow... but I just may.  Got a message out to someone who I know purchased bottles of the wootstout at Stone but I'm more interested in a growler for the same price.  Their site doesn't say they're available for growler fills until next Wednesday but I swear I saw him post a picture of a growler of the stuff... 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #963 on: July 18, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!

Kinda like when I stop by the brewery on the way home and trade in my empty growlers for fresh, full ones?

LOL, exactly like that.  Nice and fresh and when they're gone, they're gone.  No empty bottles laying around.  How are those growlers working out for you?  Kinda fun, isn't it?  Like having a beer tap right in your fridge.
Yeah that sounds great. There's not been something interesting enough to make me buy a growler yet but I imagine in the fall/winter it'll be on like donkey kong

Yeah, seems like breweries experiment more with the winter porters and stouts.  IPAs all kinda taste the same to me still since there's usually nothing added to slap me in the face, so to speak.

sfish

« Reply #964 on: July 18, 2014, 11:51:45 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!

Yeah, seems like breweries experiment more with the winter porters and stouts.  IPAs all kinda taste the same to me still since there's usually nothing added to slap me in the face, so to speak.
I can't find the Grapefruit Slam anywhere now, I liked that one

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #965 on: July 18, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!

I can't find the Grapefruit Slam anywhere now, I liked that one

I don't think they're making it any more, it was replaced by whatever the new Stoschastiy (sp??) Project is.  Still see it lingering here and there.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #966 on: July 18, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »

OK, and since I'm really not in touch with 'internet speak', how do you pronounce "woot".  Don't want to call and ask and sound like a moron for not knowing how to say it, even though you could argue that you ARE a moron for knowing how to say it.  Is it like it looks?  Woo-t, like you trying to "woo" someone?  Or is it more like "wut"...

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2014, 11:59:58 AM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!

Workin' pretty good. Dragoon still has a few I haven't tried.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

Happy Friday!  8)
Dusty!

Workin' pretty good. Dragoon still has a few I haven't tried.

My favorite part is when the breweries make stuff available that isn't available to purchase by the bottle.  I tend to not buy the regular release stuff by the growler but that's mostly because my favorite breweries are relatively far away to make a trip for something I can buy at the liquor store down the street.  If Ballast Point was on the way home, I would.

sfish

« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »

OK, and since I'm really not in touch with 'internet speak', how do you pronounce "woot".  Don't want to call and ask and sound like a moron for not knowing how to say it, even though you could argue that you ARE a moron for knowing how to say it.  Is it like it looks?  Woo-t, like you trying to "woo" someone?  Or is it more like "wut"...
Urban Dictionary says: "w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement. Pretty gay no matter how you look at it

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »

Urban Dictionary says: "w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement. Pretty gay no matter how you look at it

LMAO, I agree completely.  I fucking hate seeing people write crap like that. At least anyone older than, say, 12.  I like certain video games - Tiger Woods, old school stuff, Mario Kart, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some internet world take over my 'real' world.  Or say 'woot!' when I'm excited about something.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #971 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

Cardiologist signed off on the wife's surgery, so we're back on for Tuesday. Woot.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #972 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »

The first way is correct
LMAO, I agree completely.  I fucking hate seeing people write crap like that. At least anyone older than, say, 12.  I like certain video games - Tiger Woods, old school stuff, Mario Kart, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some internet world take over my 'real' world.  Or say 'woot!' when I'm excited about something.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #973 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »

Cardiologist signed off on the wife's surgery, so we're back on for Tuesday. Woot.
WOOT WOOT!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #974 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:58 PM »

LOL, figured I left the door wide open for that.  Still made me laugh.  Nicely done, Dave.  Nerd.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 136