Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 217332 times)

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.
Will, we weren't talking about beers with an abv THAT high, geez. Do you think we're drunks?

You act like that's a bad thing.  And you can't be a drunk from drinking beer.  Just an enthusiast.
Just bustin' Tuesday balls Will, I enjoy stouts/beers with 9-11% abv. Plenty of great stuff out there right now

I usually don't brew so high because of the increased time needed for aging and increased chances of the fermentation getting stuck/repitch/infected, etc.  I have done a few high gravity Belgians that ended up around there that were great, though.

My wife brews/makes her own kombucha (sp??) which is kinda interesting to watch.  Somewhat similar to brewing beer since it involves fermentation and whatnot.  I'm intrigued by beer brewing but know that I'll get sucked in.
Uh-Oh!

Nope, won't go there.  Involves too much time/energy.  Opening a bottle is about as much energy as I'm willing to put in to my boozing.  I don't even like having to find a bottle opener.  Why can't everyone just use twist tops?
More and more wines are going to screw tops
Blasphemy!

Keeps it fresher, longer, dontcha know.  I much prefer whiskey with screw tops, even though I kinda like that 'pop' from pulling out the cork.  Keeps more air out, which is good when it's a bottle of something I sip from only on very rare occasions.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:51 PM »

BTW, I had a Tat Black PL on Friday night that was fantastic. Been fixated on the CGs but damn they're still great
Agreed...the CGs are amazing, but the PLs still hold their own very well.  Can't wait to sit some down for a year or 2!

It's nice knowing that once you smoke through the CGs, the petite lanceros will always be there to fall back on.
Do you guys smoke?  I just hoard... ;)  But agreed, I need to get a jar of PLs to just bury and age, just waiting for next spring or so.

I could probably send you a couple 'aged' PLs to try.  I have one box open (though almost empty) and another still closed.  I THINK it's from sometime in 2012 but I'd have to check.
No worries bud, appreciate the offer tho.  I bought 10 last week from Famous, 10/$66 or so

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »

Ha! See?

Anyway, not mad. Scott just trying to keep the spirit of 'Tuesday', but I'm just not feeling it today.
Why not?  Has the holiday become too commercial for you?
The next thing you know, Hallmark will have a greeting card for it.

Not Hallmark, but...

Here's one for Lori...

lol
It ain't a Tuesday without Lori!
Damn that Lisa!
Ohhhh GFY!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2014, 12:28:24 PM »

[...]

What are you worried about? The boxes will always have the "easy pour" spouts
Wine in a box, what am I made of money?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »

[...]

Yeah! Stick to fuckin' boxes I say!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »

[...]

True enough, I guess, but I don't really drink the stuff. Wife does though, and there definitely isn't a need to save any for very long. Haha.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

[...]

Dammit, I did it again.....
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »

Tony, I'm very sorry to hear about your father.  My condolences to you and your family.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »

[...]

CNS
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:33 PM »

good afternoon all!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »

[...]

/////Too slow. ;)
Logged

Fred Bumpus

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

I'm thoroughly amused every time Lori's name comes up, such a great punching bag to have.  She's the new Dan.  He and peanut butter are sooo last month.
LMAO, FB and Lori will forever be linked. Dan always remains behind glass in case of emergency, fuck peanut butter
BITCH!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »

[...]

True!  Open that bottle of wine and get to drinking!  Goes south real quick.  I'll always remember the very first apartment the wife and I had together.  The fridge was so small that we had to take the bag of wine out of the box to save room.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »

I'm thoroughly amused every time Lori's name comes up, such a great punching bag to have.  She's the new Dan.  He and peanut butter are sooo last month.
LMAO, FB and Lori will forever be linked. Dan always remains behind glass in case of emergency, fuck peanut butter
BITCH!
Exactly, who needs her?