CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: 7/14/2014  (Read 46903 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »

Alright. I'm gone. Time to start anticipating my carton. Have a good evening, all.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »

Wake up guys, stop acting like you are working...SHEESH!
Not working.  Trying to get a few details taken care of before heading out to sail.

#1 - Make sure the plug is in the boat!
#2 - Make sure cigars are packed :)
More important than the plug in the boat. I have a floating humidor and a lifejacket. I can smoke regardless of the condition of the boat.

I know it sounded like a joke, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone back their boat/jetski down the ramp, pull it over to the dock, jump back in their rig to get it off the ramp, then find their shit sinking at the dock. Sailboats stay in the water for the most part, so probably not as common an issue.

PS, I hear sharks like Cubans.  ;)
I have a big knife and a firearm that will fire when wet.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »

Sheesh is anybody alive?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »

Nope.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »

Drinking a beer I didn't make.  A rarity for me.

Having a Carton Brewery  Monkey Chased the Weasel.  They're about 5 miles down the road and opened up about 3 years ago.  This is a Mulberry sour ale (by style I guess it would be a Berliner Weisse).  Not at all the usual beer flavored beer-or anywhere close to it, really.  But it works well if you like tart/sour type flavors.  This is like taking the atomic warhead candy and making it into a beer. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »

Having a Carton Brewery  Monkey Chased the Weasel.  They're about 5 miles down the road and opened up about 3 years ago.  This is a Mulberry sour ale (by style I guess it would be a Berliner Weisse).  Not at all the usual beer flavored beer-or anywhere close to it, really.  But it works well if you like tart/sour type flavors.  This is like taking the atomic warhead candy and making it into a beer.
Sour Ale that sounds a bit strange but I am a local craft brewer fan. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:21 PM »

Imagine having a carbonated pink lemonade with no sugar.  Not that this beer tastes like sour pink lemonade, but it is closer to that the typical rich craft brew that you might associate.  Subtle hop aroma, little to no bitterness, light/bubbly mouthfeel, big sour flavor.  Nothing like an IPA or stout or even like a Witbier. 

Good though, if you like sour ales.  Not everyone does.  It's a different style. 

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

HOLY SHIT...CBid boxes arrive Thursday...thanks Lisa!  :-*
Don't say that too loud....some folks are working on their vendetta against "the bid"
Your lucky it wasn't Lori!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »

Imagine having a carbonated pink lemonade with no sugar.  Not that this beer tastes like sour pink lemonade, but it is closer to that the typical rich craft brew that you might associate.  Subtle hop aroma, little to no bitterness, light/bubbly mouthfeel, big sour flavor.  Nothing like an IPA or stout or even like a Witbier. 

Good though, if you like sour ales.  Not everyone does.  It's a different style.
I would give it a curiosity tasting but does not sound like my cup of beer. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.
should have gotten pictures outside while everyone was around the pool before the rain came.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:29 PM »

good evening all.
should have gotten pictures outside while everyone was around the pool before the rain came.
Should-A, Would-A, Could-A my father used to always say.

dwgbryant

« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2014, 07:03:26 PM »

good evening all.
ha. my father use to say "you can't leave a fart laying around without someone stealing it".

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:04 PM »

good evening all.
ha. my father use to say "you can't leave a fart laying around without someone stealing it".
did you take a shit?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19