BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »

Alright. I'm gone. Time to start anticipating my carton. Have a good evening, all.

« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »

Wake up guys, stop acting like you are working...SHEESH!
Not working.  Trying to get a few details taken care of before heading out to sail.

#1 - Make sure the plug is in the boat!
#2 - Make sure cigars are packed :)
More important than the plug in the boat. I have a floating humidor and a lifejacket. I can smoke regardless of the condition of the boat.

I know it sounded like a joke, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone back their boat/jetski down the ramp, pull it over to the dock, jump back in their rig to get it off the ramp, then find their shit sinking at the dock. Sailboats stay in the water for the most part, so probably not as common an issue.

PS, I hear sharks like Cubans.  ;)
I have a big knife and a firearm that will fire when wet.

« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »

Sheesh is anybody alive?
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »

Nope.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »

Drinking a beer I didn't make.  A rarity for me.

Having a Carton Brewery  Monkey Chased the Weasel.  They're about 5 miles down the road and opened up about 3 years ago.  This is a Mulberry sour ale (by style I guess it would be a Berliner Weisse).  Not at all the usual beer flavored beer-or anywhere close to it, really.  But it works well if you like tart/sour type flavors.  This is like taking the atomic warhead candy and making it into a beer.

« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »

Drinking a beer I didn't make.  A rarity for me.

Having a Carton Brewery  Monkey Chased the Weasel.  They're about 5 miles down the road and opened up about 3 years ago.  This is a Mulberry sour ale (by style I guess it would be a Berliner Weisse).  Not at all the usual beer flavored beer-or anywhere close to it, really.  But it works well if you like tart/sour type flavors.  This is like taking the atomic warhead candy and making it into a beer.
Sour Ale that sounds a bit strange but I am a local craft brewer fan.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.

« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:21 PM »

Drinking a beer I didn't make.  A rarity for me.

Having a Carton Brewery  Monkey Chased the Weasel.  They're about 5 miles down the road and opened up about 3 years ago.  This is a Mulberry sour ale (by style I guess it would be a Berliner Weisse).  Not at all the usual beer flavored beer-or anywhere close to it, really.  But it works well if you like tart/sour type flavors.  This is like taking the atomic warhead candy and making it into a beer.
Sour Ale that sounds a bit strange but I am a local craft brewer fan.

Imagine having a carbonated pink lemonade with no sugar.  Not that this beer tastes like sour pink lemonade, but it is closer to that the typical rich craft brew that you might associate.  Subtle hop aroma, little to no bitterness, light/bubbly mouthfeel, big sour flavor.  Nothing like an IPA or stout or even like a Witbier.

Good though, if you like sour ales.  Not everyone does.  It's a different style.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

HOLY SHIT...CBid boxes arrive Thursday...thanks Lisa!  :-*
Don't say that too loud....some folks are working on their vendetta against "the bid"
Your lucky it wasn't Lori!

« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »

[...]

I would give it a curiosity tasting but does not sound like my cup of beer.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.
should have gotten pictures outside while everyone was around the pool before the rain came.

« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:29 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.
should have gotten pictures outside while everyone was around the pool before the rain came.
Should-A, Would-A, Could-A my father used to always say.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2014, 07:03:26 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.
should have gotten pictures outside while everyone was around the pool before the rain came.
Should-A, Would-A, Could-A my father used to always say.
ha. my father use to say "you can't leave a fart laying around without someone stealing it".
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:04 PM »

back from the family get together. brother, daughter, nieces, nephew, kids, dog etc.
leftover pizza and cherry pie for a snack waiting for a thunderstorm to pass.
good evening all.
Looks like everyone was having fun.  No thunderstorm here just a hot as hell storm.  Right at 100.
should have gotten pictures outside while everyone was around the pool before the rain came.
Should-A, Would-A, Could-A my father used to always say.
ha. my father use to say "you can't leave a fart laying around without someone stealing it".
did you take a shit?