CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: 2/5/2016  (Read 27598 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 2/5/2016
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2016, 05:10:33 PM »

Today has certainly been the biggest chit pile of Scorcher offerings to date I think.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

I have 2 bundles of the Torano Dominico robustos, 2 bundles of EPC 2nd robustos, Motherlode 18 sampler, box of Partagas Black robusto, box of Montesino robusto, and 2-5 packs of Padron #3000 coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I spend too much on cigars!
You have been busy shopping!   I knownow you like to smoke-um not watch-um but those  Partagas blacks are excellent but best if given a little time to rest. 

Don't we all spend too much on cigars but what the hell.
Cigars, booze, guns, ammo...yeah, I spend too much. But it wouldn't be too much if the kids weren't so damned costly.
I have a pistol, and my conceal carry application, and next week I do the hand gun safety class. other than that, just cigars and bills.
So what pistole did you get?
Taurus semi auto .380

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2016, 05:58:06 PM »

I have 2 bundles of the Torano Dominico robustos, 2 bundles of EPC 2nd robustos, Motherlode 18 sampler, box of Partagas Black robusto, box of Montesino robusto, and 2-5 packs of Padron #3000 coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I spend too much on cigars!
You have been busy shopping!   I knownow you like to smoke-um not watch-um but those  Partagas blacks are excellent but best if given a little time to rest. 

Cigars, booze, guns, ammo...yeah, I spend too much. But it wouldn't be too much if the kids weren't so damned costly.
I have a pistol, and my conceal carry application, and next week I do the hand gun safety class. other than that, just cigars and bills.
Taurus semi auto .380
That'll get the job done. I have a Taurus PT92FS in 9mm. I've had that longer than I've had my wife.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2016, 06:09:11 PM »

Padron '64 maduro Robustos 5/$42 at the page

Good deal!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2016, 06:38:45 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
CB a Nazi?  Nazi name for 9 X 17, 9mm short and .380 auto or .380 ACP

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
9 mm Luger - silly 2 mm longer.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2016, 06:44:09 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
9mm Makarov...9x18. Right in between. Commie pistol.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2016, 06:47:18 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
I believe Kurz is a 9 X 17 (thus the 9mm short) or .380 and I know a Luger is 9x 19 parabellum. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2016, 06:50:51 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
I believe Kurz is a 9 X 17 (thus the 9mm short) or .380 and I know a Luger is 9x 19 parabellum.
9x18 is about the largest practical caliber for a straight blowback pistol, but the manual of operations is hard on the hands because of the heavy slide and spring. Hence the popularity of the Kurz/.380.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
Russian commie though not Nazi and I believe the Makarov pistol and machine guns were the only things ever made to shoot it.  I see batches of old ones for sale sometimes.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »

Taurus semi auto .380
9 mm Kurz.
Russian commie though not Nazi and I believe the Makarov pistol and machine guns were the only things ever made to shoot it.  I see batches of old ones for sale sometimes.
The Nazis rejected the 9x18 because they thought it had poor accuracy. Makarov had a better design, but it came late to the game in 1946. The most popular handgun calibers now, save for the .40 S&W, are all holdovers from World War I. 

Your favored .357 Sig is also an exception, but despite superb performance is a niche player.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:09 PM »

I have the rare IMEZ Makarov high-capacity .380. Great little gun.

sfish

« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2016, 08:00:55 PM »

Sidearm lull?

sfish

« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »

IMO solid deal over at Famous bid. Box of four kicks lonsdales for $83, no bids yet with under 2 hrs left. $90 after shipping, great vitola
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20