CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: 2/5/2016  (Read 27570 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 2/5/2016
« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2016, 04:41:45 PM »

Looks like Teh Scorcher is experiencing an OOPS!
Da Redfish is lightning fast on that post!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2016, 04:42:28 PM »

Back with a flash!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2016, 04:45:11 PM »

A 2-1 ruling Thursday by the federal 4th Circuit Court of Appeals struck a blow to a Maryland law that placed a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It was former Gov. Martin O'Malley who in 2013 hastily enacted the ban shortly after the Newtown school massacre.

The judges concluded that these types of weapons "are in common use by law-abiding citizens" and cannot be considered "unusual" like hand grenades or fully-automatic machine guns. As such, semi-automatic weapons don't fall under any Second Amendment exceptions.

The National Rifle Association is pleased with the ruling, calling it "an important victory for the Second Amendment" and praised the judges for applying "the highest level of judicial scrutiny… when governments try to restrict our 2A freedoms."

Maryland's Attorney General Brian E. Frosh doesn't feel the same and says the decision "conflicts sharply with rulings of other federal appellate courts." His plan is to appeal all the way up to the Supreme Court.

For now, the ban remains in place pending a decision by the District Court, reports The Baltimore Sun.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2016, 04:52:58 PM »

Back with a flash!
You're back to flashing?  Isn't it a little chilly for any real effect?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »

ready for the dinner party. trailer cleaned, yard all raked, lawn seating arranged if need be, grill clean, food ready. burgers, hots, mild and hot Italian sausage, potato salad, chips, mixed fruit for dessert. come on 5 o'clock.
Damn Dean must be a big party.
Any guys?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »

ready for the dinner party. trailer cleaned, yard all raked, lawn seating arranged if need be, grill clean, food ready. burgers, hots, mild and hot Italian sausage, potato salad, chips, mixed fruit for dessert. come on 5 o'clock.
Any guys?
Why, are you looking for some?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »

I have 2 bundles of the Torano Dominico robustos, 2 bundles of EPC 2nd robustos, Motherlode 18 sampler, box of Partagas Black robusto, box of Montesino robusto, and 2-5 packs of Padron #3000 coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I spend too much on cigars!
You have been busy shopping!   I knownow you like to smoke-um not watch-um but those  Partagas blacks are excellent but best if given a little time to rest. 

Don't we all spend too much on cigars but what the hell.
Cigars, booze, guns, ammo...yeah, I spend too much. But it wouldn't be too much if the kids weren't so damned costly.
Now there is a black hole for money!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »

What a week. Don't know or care what it's like out there but I'm gonna smoke me a seegar on the way home. Be safe out there.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:01 PM »

I have 2 bundles of the Torano Dominico robustos, 2 bundles of EPC 2nd robustos, Motherlode 18 sampler, box of Partagas Black robusto, box of Montesino robusto, and 2-5 packs of Padron #3000 coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I spend too much on cigars!
You have been busy shopping!   I knownow you like to smoke-um not watch-um but those  Partagas blacks are excellent but best if given a little time to rest. 

Cigars, booze, guns, ammo...yeah, I spend too much. But it wouldn't be too much if the kids weren't so damned costly.
Only thing missing in that hole is a boat.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:48 PM »

What a week. Don't know or care what it's like out there but I'm gonna smoke me a seegar on the way home. Be safe out there.
Enjoy your cigar and have a smooth trip home.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »

I have a pistol, and my conceal carry application, and next week I do the hand gun safety class. other than that, just cigars and bills.
Well there's also the burgers, swiss, mushrooms and ginger ale tab from the grocery.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »

Any guys?
:o

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2016, 05:01:45 PM »

Any guys?
I've got Fishy and you, what more do I need?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2016, 05:03:24 PM »

Only thing missing in that hole is a boat.
I think he meant the kids. I could have had two nice boats for what kids have cost me.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2016, 05:04:54 PM »

Any guys?
I've got Fishy and you, what more do I need?
That should be plenty of mass but you might should audit your quality control process.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20