CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: 2/4/2016  (Read 16458 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 2/4/2016
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:49 AM »

Good morning to you YellowStar.
Good mornin Dave - where are you headed off to Monday?
The great state of Ohio! Morning, Shaun.
And who says Dave's travel isn't glamorous?
For sure.  Been trying to tell you guys.

sfish

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:10 AM »

I am not even posting the Page offering today.
True Commie Offering today

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »

This could be looked at as saying only 19% of Americans are blind and ignorant, that is a lot better than I thought.

81% Think Federal Government is Corrupt: February 3, 2016  - A new Rasmussen survey says that many voters strongly believe the federal government is crooked. -
And who paid for the Captain Obvious poll?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2016, 09:10:17 AM »

what's German tobacco?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »

what's German tobacco?
I don't think you want to know.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »

Yeah, isn't that somewhere down in the South Pacific near the Fiji Islands?
Well I might have a chance to enjoy an adult beverage and cigar on the sandy beaches of Lake Erie.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »

Yeah, isn't that somewhere down in the South Pacific near the Fiji Islands?
Well I might have a chance to enjoy an adult beverage and cigar on the sandy beaches of Lake Erie.
At least you won't need ice to keep that beverage cold.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:07 AM »

Exciting trip to Cleveland and a herf with Mr. Golf, then down for a last trip to Athens (the boy is finishing up and has a post doc position in MD), then weekend in Clemson to see son #2 and his lacrosse game vs. Georgia.
So he got that job?
Yes, a good starting position for him.  Defends his thesis on the 22nd, then he's free.....well, not really free, just on to the next prison.
Congratulations to Him and Dad!  That is really great news in these times.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 09:22:03 AM »

what's German tobacco?
I don't think you want to know.
1788  First cigar factory in Germany established in Hamburg by Hans Heinrich Schlottmann, who learned the craft in Spain. Hamburg became one of Europe’s cigar making centers.

1807  A German newspaper, Der Anzeiger, reports “When Spanish troops entered our city most of the soldiers were seen to be smoking tobacco rolled in paper.” Shortly thereafter, a Hamburg merchant began making cigarettes of black tobacco. They didn’t catch on..

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »

When meeting with the home designer yesterday I told her we wanted 3' wide clearances in certain areas and a few other accessible items in case us old folks become wheel chair confined and such.   She said certainly, she always recommends that to those 50 and older building their likely last home.  She said she calls it "aging in place" design.

Not our last home I told her there is the nursing home and funeral home and at least one of them is going to come into play.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 09:27:16 AM »

When meeting with the home designer yesterday I told her we wanted 3' wide clearances in certain areas and a few other accessible items in case us old folks become wheel chair confined and such.   She said certainly, she always recommends that to those 50 and older building their likely last home.  She said she calls it "aging in place" design.

Not our last home I told her there is the nursing home and funeral home and at least one of them is going to come into play.
why not just buy a nursing home and have a wing remodeled for your current needs?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »

why not just buy a nursing home and have a wing remodeled for your current needs?
And I guess you want the remodeling contract too ;D

Threebean

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 09:36:35 AM »

Or just include a nurses qtrs in the new home plans. 

Threebean

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:43 AM »

Just the site clearing and concrete portions for Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »

No, but he could pour the foundation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14