CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: 1/22/2016  (Read 24390 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 1/22/2016
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »

Just contacted the Mrs to pick up some booze and she replied that she already returned from the supermarket and has no intention of going back out.

So I'll have to stop to pick up vermouth on the way home. She texted me back to pick up some booze for her too. Looks like we're finally on the same page.
CNS

sfish

« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2016, 11:10:13 AM »

Just contacted the Mrs to pick up some booze and she replied that she already returned from the supermarket and has no intention of going back out.

So I'll have to stop to pick up vermouth on the way home. She texted me back to pick up some booze for her too. Looks like we're finally on the same page.
CNS
I don't think he even realizes how funny/wrong that is

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
I watched the whole series.  IMHO, I would have to have complete, undisputed evidence (beyond a shadow of a doubt,) in order to vote guilty.  Almost everything about the case was screwed up. Nothing made sense.  I've only sat on one jury, and it was not about finding the truth.  It was about the DA winning at any cost, and the defense attorney doing any thing he could to persuade the jury. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but I feel this is the first attempt to allow the public know how corrupt our court system is.  Rich people get off, and poor people feed the money making prison system.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »

I have to run now.  Time to watch the grandkids...!  Later guys.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »

Tell her you're not fukkin' changing your schedule, if she wants it get it herself.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2016, 11:20:38 AM »

cognac is still on the counter from earlier in the week, also I can finally try the homemade lemonciello, someone gifted me with.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »

You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »

CNS
I don't think he even realizes how funny/wrong that is
Afraid not. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »

You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »

Good morning, gents. Still employed here but it's been a tortuous week. About a quarter of my team was notified that they would be laid off. We were one of the least affected teams. I think I'm safe for now until April.
You dodged the bullet again.  Are congratulations due?  At least you can plan on a few more paychecks.  Morning Antnee.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2016, 11:26:08 AM »

cognac is still on the counter from earlier in the week, also I can finally try the homemade lemonciello, someone gifted me with.
I still have some lemonciello from one friend and Nocino (green walnut liqueur) from another friend  (had never heard of that before him)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »

I watched the whole series.  IMHO, I would have to have complete, undisputed evidence (beyond a shadow of a doubt,) in order to vote guilty.  Almost everything about the case was screwed up. Nothing made sense.  I've only sat on one jury, and it was not about finding the truth.  It was about the DA winning at any cost, and the defense attorney doing any thing he could to persuade the jury. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but I feel this is the first attempt to allow the public know how corrupt our court system is.  Rich people get off, and poor people feed the money making prison system.
We overuse the word corruption. It's corruption when the judge or the prosecution gets bribed. What you describe is the inherent flaw in a capitalist democratic republic: you get what you pay for. If you have more money, you can hire a better lawyer, and a better lawyer is your only defense against a venal prosecutor.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »

Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Shows how differently you can spin a story by leaving just a few facts out...
...and how easy it is to have the bleeding heart liberal commies signing petitions and protesting on your behalf.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »

Interesting perspective. I was on a jury once and we wound up letting the guy go although he very well could have been guilty. In my case the prosecutor did a very shitty job proving her case beyond a reasonable doubt. Agree that the system has flaws. Unfortunately, it still appears to be the best system out there.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »

It gets worse...the union I was legislated into helps perpetuate the prison system - just try to propose closing prisons and reducing the workforce.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22