CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: 1/15/2016  (Read 38238 times)

sfish

Re: 1/15/2016
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2016, 08:26:02 AM »

Good morning boys! Nice to see a different offering on the mash: CroMagnon Mode 5 Maduro
Morning Fish and Happy Friday. 

I am not familiar with those cigars.
I know, I know....you're just a simple country guy with simple contry tastes and just like a simple cigar every once and again....
CroMagnon, Intemperance and Aquataine are the main lines of a botique cigar company RoMa Craft that is HQ'd in Austin Texas.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/  Very nice cigars.
I know they make fine cigars but never quite figured out that Romacraft in Austin.  Their address is in a small office complex with mostly medical offices.  I did not know they made the CroMagnon though.

But I am a simple country guy.
They periodically put out a real nice sampler (often in a unique vitola) that is a real nice introduction to the brand.  Not so easy to find and usually sells out pretty quickly on line.  The most recent one is El Catador de las Petite Coronas, still available here: http://www.topqualitycigars.com/Roma_Craft_Catador_De_Las_Petit_Coronas.html.  Were available on Famous for a while.
When I pulled that link up, it showed a price of $45, then updated itself to $54. Anyone else see that?
Not I.  $54 is a good price, About $10 less than it usually sells for.
$45 is even better, should have jumped on that on LTG, c'mon!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »

Dow futures down nearly 300 points as oil breaks under $30

Oil currently trading at $29.48/barrel. 

sfish

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »

Good morning boys! Nice to see a different offering on the mash: CroMagnon Mode 5 Maduro

I know, I know....you're just a simple country guy with simple contry tastes and just like a simple cigar every once and again....
CroMagnon, Intemperance and Aquataine are the main lines of a botique cigar company RoMa Craft that is HQ'd in Austin Texas.
I know they make fine cigars but never quite figured out that Romacraft in Austin.  Their address is in a small office complex with mostly medical offices.  I did not know they made the CroMagnon though.

They periodically put out a real nice sampler (often in a unique vitola) that is a real nice introduction to the brand.  Not so easy to find and usually sells out pretty quickly on line.  The most recent one is El Catador de las Petite Coronas, still available here: http://www.topqualitycigars.com/Roma_Craft_Catador_De_Las_Petit_Coronas.html.  Were available on Famous for a while.
When I pulled that link up, it showed a price of $45, then updated itself to $54. Anyone else see that?
Here is my quandary, Those are about $12 each with shipping and I luv Padron '64's which I can buy for that price and several great to me cigars I can get for $8-10 (LP 9, T-52, Don Carlos and others) so hard to even spend more than $8-10 on most other cigars.
What math are you doing Tex, that's a box of 10, 2 of each cigar. Are they charging you $60 shipping?  ;D

sfish

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:03 AM »

Here is my quandary, Those are about $12 each with shipping and I luv Padron '64's which I can buy for that price and several great to me cigars I can get for $8-10 (LP 9, T-52, Don Carlos and others) so hard to even spend more than $8-10 on most other cigars.
What math are you doing Tex, that's a box of 10, 2 of each cigar. Are they charging you $60 shipping?  ;D
In fairness that site doesn't do a good job explaining that but it's a box of 10

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:30 AM »

Good morning and Happy Payday boys and girls!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:54 AM »

Common Core for me, picture just shows 5 cigars so I thought that was the price for 5.  Not so bad at all if 10 assuming they don't fuk ya on shipping.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2016, 08:33:00 AM »

Morning Bacon, thought you had fallen off the planet again.

You could have filled your humi with fine cigars over the past 2 weeks.

Threebean

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2016, 08:34:12 AM »

Morning Daves, fishy, and CellarDwellingTony.
Good day to you, Mark. Any plans to be up this way? We need to start planning our next Somerville herf.
Yep, but a bit out, late March and/or April.  Maybe by then it will be warm enough for New Hope. NJDave and I need to reconnect with our wayward flight attendant babes.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2016, 08:36:10 AM »

Good morning, Cam. I was worried we'd lost you again.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2016, 08:39:19 AM »

Morning Daves, fishy, and CellarDwellingTony.
Good day to you, Mark. Any plans to be up this way? We need to start planning our next Somerville herf.
Yep, but a bit out, late March and/or April.  Maybe by then it will be warm enough for New Hope. NJDave and I need to reconnect with our wayward flight attendant babes.
That'll probably be closer to the 2nd 2016 Somerville herf.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2016, 08:39:46 AM »

Why am I hoarding cigars, well here is one reason.

States, Cities and the Fuk'n Feds are all broke and this will be coming to a state near you soon.  PA and other states are losing 10's if not $100's of Millions on the oil bust and they are going to be looking for new $ very soon.

From Half Wheel:

New Mexico to Consider Tobacco Tax Increase

A bill pre-filed with the New Mexico State Senate is seeking to more than double the taxes on premium cigars and other tobacco taxes in an attempt to close budget shortfalls and improve the health of residents. Included in Senate Bill 77, written by Sen. Howie Morales, D-Silver City, is an increase in the tax on cigars and other tobacco products from 25 percent to 66 percent of their value.

West Virginia Governor Proposes Tobacco Tax Increase

As part of a proposal to close the state’s deficit, West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin is proposing an across the board tax increase on tobacco products, including cigars. In the proposal released on Wednesday, Tomblin called for an increase in the tax on other tobacco products such as cigars from seven to 12 percent of the wholesale price

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2016, 08:40:28 AM »

Ok boys, don't miss me too much, I'm off to the basement.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »

Enjoy

Threebean

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »

You're spending a lot of time down there, SilenceoftheLambsTony.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »

Don't tell us what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25