CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: 1/15/2016  (Read 38314 times)

sfish

Re: 1/15/2016
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2016, 07:38:41 AM »

Good morning boys! Nice to see a different offering on the mash: CroMagnon Mode 5 Maduro
Morning Fish and Happy Friday. 

I am not familiar with those cigars.
I know, I know....you're just a simple country guy with simple contry tastes and just like a simple cigar every once and again....
CroMagnon, Intemperance and Aquataine are the main lines of a botique cigar company RoMa Craft that is HQ'd in Austin Texas.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/  Very nice cigars.
I know they make fine cigars but never quite figured out that Romacraft in Austin.  Their address is in a small office complex with mostly medical offices.  I did not know they made the CroMagnon though.

But I am a simple country guy.
They periodically put out a real nice sampler (often in a unique vitola) that is a real nice introduction to the brand.  Not so easy to find and usually sells out pretty quickly on line.  The most recent one is El Catador de las Petite Coronas, still available here: http://www.topqualitycigars.com/Roma_Craft_Catador_De_Las_Petit_Coronas.html.  Were available on Famous for a while.
That sampler is fantastic, I've smoked one of each so far and they're all great cigars

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2016, 07:38:42 AM »

@ Travellin Dave - looked like a nice bid haul you got yesterday.
Yea, still kind of hard to swallow paying less for a 24 box of EPC Seleccion Oscuro than a 5er of Johnny Tobacconauts....call it a splurge with the savings from the other.
I am holding off for the clearance sales on the Tobacconauts to try them, just in a price range of some fine proven cigars makes it tough but I might pick one up at the B&M when I stop by there today.
Beautiful cigar and a clean refined taste for every once in a while.  I agree there are lots of other cigars that are as good or better for half the price including a number of other Room 101's.  May not be fully appreciated by simple country tastes.   ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:25 AM »

Good morning boys! Nice to see a different offering on the mash: CroMagnon Mode 5 Maduro

I know, I know....you're just a simple country guy with simple contry tastes and just like a simple cigar every once and again....
CroMagnon, Intemperance and Aquataine are the main lines of a botique cigar company RoMa Craft that is HQ'd in Austin Texas.
I know they make fine cigars but never quite figured out that Romacraft in Austin.  Their address is in a small office complex with mostly medical offices.  I did not know they made the CroMagnon though.

They periodically put out a real nice sampler (often in a unique vitola) that is a real nice introduction to the brand.  Not so easy to find and usually sells out pretty quickly on line.  The most recent one is El Catador de las Petite Coronas, still available here: http://www.topqualitycigars.com/Roma_Craft_Catador_De_Las_Petit_Coronas.html.  Were available on Famous for a while.
When I pulled that link up, it showed a price of $45, then updated itself to $54. Anyone else see that?

sfish

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 07:46:57 AM »

When I pulled that link up, it showed a price of $45, then updated itself to $54. Anyone else see that?

No

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »

Sheesh, halfway through January already. Cold as anything out there but at least there is no snow. Good morning, fellas.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »

No
Good.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:16 AM »

Sheesh, halfway through January already. Cold as anything out there but at least there is no snow. Good morning, fellas.
Morning, fearless leader. How goes the basement?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »

Yea, still kind of hard to swallow paying less for a 24 box of EPC Seleccion Oscuro than a 5er of Johnny Tobacconauts....call it a splurge with the savings from the other.
I am holding off for the clearance sales on the Tobacconauts to try them, just in a price range of some fine proven cigars makes it tough but I might pick one up at the B&M when I stop by there today.
Beautiful cigar and a clean refined taste for every once in a while.  I agree there are lots of other cigars that are as good or better for half the price including a number of other Room 101's.  May not be fully appreciated by simple country tastes.   ;)
That is true

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »

No
No it said $54 when I opened it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2016, 07:51:20 AM »

Morning Mayor of the Basement

Threebean

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »

Morning Daves, fishy, and CellarDwellingTony. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2016, 07:53:51 AM »

No
No it said $54 when I opened it.

Threebean

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »

Some top notch justifying there.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2016, 08:00:31 AM »

Morning Bathroom Bean

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status