« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2016, 07:38:41 AM »

Good morning boys! Nice to see a different offering on the mash: CroMagnon Mode 5 Maduro
Morning Fish and Happy Friday.

I am not familiar with those cigars.
I know, I know....you're just a simple country guy with simple contry tastes and just like a simple cigar every once and again....
CroMagnon, Intemperance and Aquataine are the main lines of a botique cigar company RoMa Craft that is HQ'd in Austin Texas.
http://www.romacrafttobac.com/  Very nice cigars.
I know they make fine cigars but never quite figured out that Romacraft in Austin.  Their address is in a small office complex with mostly medical offices.  I did not know they made the CroMagnon though.

But I am a simple country guy.
They periodically put out a real nice sampler (often in a unique vitola) that is a real nice introduction to the brand.  Not so easy to find and usually sells out pretty quickly on line.  The most recent one is El Catador de las Petite Coronas, still available here: http://www.topqualitycigars.com/Roma_Craft_Catador_De_Las_Petit_Coronas.html.  Were available on Famous for a while.
That sampler is fantastic, I've smoked one of each so far and they're all great cigars

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2016, 07:38:42 AM »

@ Travellin Dave - looked like a nice bid haul you got yesterday.
Yea, still kind of hard to swallow paying less for a 24 box of EPC Seleccion Oscuro than a 5er of Johnny Tobacconauts....call it a splurge with the savings from the other.
I am holding off for the clearance sales on the Tobacconauts to try them, just in a price range of some fine proven cigars makes it tough but I might pick one up at the B&M when I stop by there today.
Beautiful cigar and a clean refined taste for every once in a while.  I agree there are lots of other cigars that are as good or better for half the price including a number of other Room 101's.  May not be fully appreciated by simple country tastes.   ;)

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:25 AM »

[...]

When I pulled that link up, it showed a price of $45, then updated itself to $54. Anyone else see that?

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 07:46:57 AM »

[...]

No

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »

Sheesh, halfway through January already. Cold as anything out there but at least there is no snow. Good morning, fellas.

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »

[...]

Good.

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:16 AM »

Sheesh, halfway through January already. Cold as anything out there but at least there is no snow. Good morning, fellas.
Morning, fearless leader. How goes the basement?

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »

@ Travellin Dave - looked like a nice bid haul you got yesterday.
Yea, still kind of hard to swallow paying less for a 24 box of EPC Seleccion Oscuro than a 5er of Johnny Tobacconauts....call it a splurge with the savings from the other.
I am holding off for the clearance sales on the Tobacconauts to try them, just in a price range of some fine proven cigars makes it tough but I might pick one up at the B&M when I stop by there today.
Beautiful cigar and a clean refined taste for every once in a while.  I agree there are lots of other cigars that are as good or better for half the price including a number of other Room 101's.  May not be fully appreciated by simple country tastes.   ;)
That is true

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »

[...]

No it said $54 when I opened it.

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2016, 07:51:20 AM »

Morning Mayor of the Basement

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »

Morning Daves, fishy, and CellarDwellingTony.

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2016, 07:53:51 AM »

[...]

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »

@ Travellin Dave - looked like a nice bid haul you got yesterday.
Yea, still kind of hard to swallow paying less for a 24 box of EPC Seleccion Oscuro than a 5er of Johnny Tobacconauts....call it a splurge with the savings from the other.
Some top notch justifying there.

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2016, 08:00:31 AM »

Morning Bathroom Bean
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/15/2016
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2016, 08:01:44 AM »

good morning all.