CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: 1/12/2016  (Read 33321 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2016, 11:54:20 AM »

Good morning everyone...!
Good morning BD!
How is the world treating you Sam...?
There is a Chinese curse that reads "may you live in interesting times"  world is "interesting" at present.  You?
My wife is off today, and I'm trying to figure out what we can do without me getting into trouble.
My wife says I've been a little off since we got married.

Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. You missed a chance at the BrickHouse this morning on the jam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.
Figures.  It's okay, I hit the Banter Consensus Deal yesterday and ordered up 20 Bijous from the Celeb.

Good For You! I thought I only got Tx to bite on that. I do see they are sold out this morning.
I really thought about going for a 5 pack.  But I need to really stick with cigars that I know I like, before venturing out with some thing I haven't tried yet.
you are learning grasshopper.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »

Morning Sam, Raz, Steve and Flip.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »

12 Ashton  Magnum  (5.0 x 50)
            5/37.50
11 CLE Cuarenta  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
          10/29.99
10 Graycliff G2 Maduro  Torpedo  (6.2 x 52)
          10/29.99
 9 Pinar del Rio Habana Sun Grown  Torpedo  (6.5 x 52)
          10/25.00
 8 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial   Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
           5/22.50
 7 Brick House  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
           5/24.10
 6 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 5 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Maduro
          5/19.50
 4 Alec Bradley Nica Puro Robusto
         10/24.99
 3 El Centurion Robusto
          5/27.50
 2 Oliva Connecticut Reserve
           5/24.50
 1 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
          5/24.50

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2016, 12:01:10 PM »

If BD's still here, Acid Blondies are on the page right now.
I liked the Blondies when I first started, but the more I smoked the less I like them.  So I'm crossing them off my list.  I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro so much, the I can't see buying a regular Kuba Kuba any more.  I did like the Acid Cold Infusion, but I get an occasionally upset stomach, so I'm still debating on that one.  I bought the Toast and Subculture but haven't tried them yet.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2016, 12:01:37 PM »

Off to get something to eat, BBL.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »

I liked the Blondies when I first started, but the more I smoked the less I like them.  So I'm crossing them off my list.  I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro so much, the I can't see buying a regular Kuba Kuba any more.  I did like the Acid Cold Infusion, but I get an occasionally upset stomach, so I'm still debating on that one.  I bought the Toast and Subculture but haven't tried them yet.
Always keep some sugar packets around in case a cigar ends up being a little strong for you and you're feeling queasy.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

Toast was one of the few cigars I gave the CB "canal toss" to.  I don't like a sweetened tip cigar.  when I am in the mood for a cigar, I want a cigar, not a lollypop.  :P

sfish

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »

Good morning BD!
There is a Chinese curse that reads "may you live in interesting times"  world is "interesting" at present.  You?
My wife is off today, and I'm trying to figure out what we can do without me getting into trouble.

Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. You missed a chance at the BrickHouse this morning on the jam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.
Figures.  It's okay, I hit the Banter Consensus Deal yesterday and ordered up 20 Bijous from the Celeb.
They have the same deal today on the FdLA Robustos, $76.29 shipped

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »

Morning Sam, Raz, Steve and Flip.
Mornin Dave!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

Always keep some sugar packets around in case a cigar ends up being a little strong for you and you're feeling queasy.
You mean green isn't really your color?  :o

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »

San Lotano makes a Connecticut, Habano, and Maduro.  They also make the same (I think) in a box pressed Oval.  Is there any difference in flavor between the box pressed Ovals vs the non-box pressed...?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the oval and the box pressed are two completely different cigars and they do not make all the same sizes in both.  They are both very good,  the oval is a bit better to me.
I see the difference in the sizes, but the flavors look the same to me..?  I also noticed they make a San Lotano Oval Habana 2000.  I've only had one or two cigars with the Habana 2000 wrapper, and I believe I enjoyed both of them.
I would say that there is a nearly uniform like  for both regular San Lotano and Ovals.  Don't think you can go wrong with anything in the line.
I liked the maduro's in the San Lotano line, not as good as the ovals, or the oval maduros, or the habanos, but a durn good cigar.  Just the others were so much better, they lost in comparison.   Good morning boys  8)
I guess I'll stick to the Ovals if I find a sale.  I also really like the maduro, but since I've only tried the maduro, it makes me want to try the other Ovals.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »

Off to get something to eat, BBL.
that sounds like an idea, maybe the place around the corner sells Powerball tickets.....
I got two in Jersey this morning, might be an idea to get some on this side of the Hudson River.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »

Good morning BD!

Morning, muchachos.

They have the same deal today on the FdLA Robustos, $76.29 shipped

That is a good deal. Occasionally they will be $21.98 instead of the 22.98. Making it 20/$72.97 shipped. That's probably the beast deal I've seen on the robustos.

Afternoon, Scott

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

Good morning BD!
don't insist on a costume change... ::)
That's a thought....

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »

Is that really true, or are you just trying to get me to take a spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down...?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25