CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: 1/8/2016  (Read 42825 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
No gifts from Kenneth, but I didn't send him anything either.  I sort of like to keep that distance between us.  The wife had to work on Christmas, so I guess her gift to me was double time and a half... :)  You'd think I'd feel bad about her working on the holidays, but if she would have gotten a job like I asked her 43 years ago, we'd both have big pensions, big fat 401k's, and we could have been retired at the same time.  But Noooooo, she said, "I'm too stupid to work at a major corporation.."  And refused to get a job.  Now 33 years later, she get's a job at a corporation and says, "Ya know, those people are really stupid..!" And I say, "Well, you sure knew what you were taking about 43 years ago..."  Now all you have to do is put in 20 more years, and you can retire at 82...!

82 is the new 65. Feel like I couldn't even stop at this point. Probably be digging my own grave... at minimum wage... as a 2nd job.
I hear ya.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
No gifts from Kenneth, but I didn't send him anything either.  I sort of like to keep that distance between us.  The wife had to work on Christmas, so I guess her gift to me was double time and a half... :)  You'd think I'd feel bad about her working on the holidays, but if she would have gotten a job like I asked her 43 years ago, we'd both have big pensions, big fat 401k's, and we could have been retired at the same time.  But Noooooo, she said, "I'm too stupid to work at a major corporation.."  And refused to get a job.  Now 33 years later, she get's a job at a corporation and says, "Ya know, those people are really stupid..!" And I say, "Well, you sure knew what you were taking about 43 years ago..."  Now all you have to do is put in 20 more years, and you can retire at 82...!

82 is the new 65. Feel like I couldn't even stop at this point. Probably be digging my own grave... at minimum wage... as a 2nd job.

Thanks, Obama!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2016, 02:55:50 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2016, 02:58:49 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.
Older two did their undergraduates at Clemson.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:59 PM »

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...
Hopefully in a couple of years, I can start mooching off of them....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2016, 03:06:55 PM »

Cigar and adult beverage calling, BIAB.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

Well, I'm sure you had something to do with their success, so lets say "return on investment."  ;)

Mooching is for deadbeats

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

where in MD? 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2016, 03:30:05 PM »

Huh, good luck with THAT!  Hasn't gone so well with me.  Hell, I still have to buy my own cigars for cripes sake!   Ungratful little....   :P

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »

Huh, good luck with THAT!  Hasn't gone so well with me.  Hell, I still have to buy my own cigars for cripes sake!   Ungratful little....   :P

Just like the warden... what's yours is theirs, and what's theirs is theirs.  :-\

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »

Just like the warden... what's yours is theirs, and what's theirs is theirs.  :-\
Amen brother.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2016, 03:49:44 PM »

You gotta be close to picking out a road smoke, Sam. What cha got?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

You gotta be close to picking out a road smoke, Sam. What cha got?
Great question. Inquiring minds want to know.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »

It's time to start supper...  May be back later...?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29