« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls.

Hey, Dad. Did Kenneth get you anything for Christmas, or just the usual grocery list. Oh, and did Miss Clause come to your house for a late night visit?
No gifts from Kenneth, but I didn't send him anything either.  I sort of like to keep that distance between us.  The wife had to work on Christmas, so I guess her gift to me was double time and a half... :)  You'd think I'd feel bad about her working on the holidays, but if she would have gotten a job like I asked her 43 years ago, we'd both have big pensions, big fat 401k's, and we could have been retired at the same time.  But Noooooo, she said, "I'm too stupid to work at a major corporation.."  And refused to get a job.  Now 33 years later, she get's a job at a corporation and says, "Ya know, those people are really stupid..!" And I say, "Well, you sure knew what you were taking about 43 years ago..."  Now all you have to do is put in 20 more years, and you can retire at 82...!

82 is the new 65. Feel like I couldn't even stop at this point. Probably be digging my own grave... at minimum wage... as a 2nd job.
I hear ya.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »

[...]

Thanks, Obama!

« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2016, 02:55:50 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2016, 02:58:49 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.
Older two did their undergraduates at Clemson.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...

« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:59 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...
Hopefully in a couple of years, I can start mooching off of them....

« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2016, 03:06:55 PM »

Cigar and adult beverage calling, BIAB.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...
Hopefully in a couple of years, I can start mooching off of them....

Well, I'm sure you had something to do with their success, so lets say "return on investment."  ;)

Mooching is for deadbeats
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.
where in MD?
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2016, 03:30:05 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...
Hopefully in a couple of years, I can start mooching off of them....
Huh, good luck with THAT!  Hasn't gone so well with me.  Hell, I still have to buy my own cigars for cripes sake!   Ungratful little....   :P
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »

Boy #1 has an interview in Maryland today, should hear from him after 4 or so on how it went.  Fingers crossed for him.

This the one who asked about how the lottery tickets worked?
Nope, that's the younger one.

...and it's the youngest boy at UGA and a daughter at Clemson? Guess the elder son has already graduated?
Oldest son finishing PhD at Georgia (28), daughter (26) gainfully employed at Johns Hopkins, preparing to go back to school but on her own dime.  Youngest (20) junior year in ME at Clemson.

Looks like I scrambled that one up. :o Some fine higher education your associated with...
Hopefully in a couple of years, I can start mooching off of them....
Huh, good luck with THAT!  Hasn't gone so well with me.  Hell, I still have to buy my own cigars for cripes sake!   Ungratful little....   :P

Just like the warden... what's yours is theirs, and what's theirs is theirs.  :-\
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »

[...]

Amen brother.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2016, 03:49:44 PM »

You gotta be close to picking out a road smoke, Sam. What cha got?

« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

You gotta be close to picking out a road smoke, Sam. What cha got?
Great question. Inquiring minds want to know.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/8/2016
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »

It's time to start supper...  May be back later...?