Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

glassken

« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:49 PM »

Las Calaveras: just about an inch in to this fine smoke. It is very good, and when I can get a better explanation, I will write it here and there. It has some tastes similar to the older 601 Green, although milder in a way. Not a pepper bomb by any means. Perfect burn, and draw is excellent. In fact you really don't have to try to get any smoke! No need to double puff this one! The website says blended by Jon Huber(Owner of Crowned Heads), but made at My Father in Esteli. Very good so far. Getting into the second third.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »

Las Calaveras: just about an inch in to this fine smoke. It is very good, and when I can get a better explanation, I will write it here and there. It has some tastes similar to the older 601 Green, although milder in a way. Not a pepper bomb by any means. Perfect burn, and draw is excellent. In fact you really don't have to try to get any smoke! No need to double puff this one! The website says blended by Jon Huber(Owner of Crowned Heads), but made at My Father in Esteli. Very good so far. Getting into the second third.
Okay, these are very expensive. I'm about at the halfway point, and now the cigar is really getting good. But, my God they are expensive! More than most My Fathers, and more than Herrera Esteli. And more expensive than Epernays! Hope some deals can be had! It is a good cigar, maybe better than good. I'm not sure if it's $215 a box good. I will smoke a couple more before I make that statement.
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:34 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…

« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Evening Geo. I like them too, even though I'm not particularly enamored of box-pressed cigars.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Evening Geo. I like them too, even though I'm not particularly enamored of box-pressed cigars.
Bret,the cigar is so good I tend to forget all about the BP.
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Evening Geo. I like them too, even though I'm not particularly enamored of box-pressed cigars.
Likewise, Raz…something about a flat cigar doesn't feel right in the hand...
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:16 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Both are good choices in my opinion George.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2014, 10:10:33 PM »

This is what one reviewer found in the Las Calaveras Cigar: Barnyard, oak, Worcestershire sauce, sunflower seeds, wet leather and saltiness. Creamy potatoes, followed by the meatiness, which is now like a roasted sausage and big acidic leather notes. Gigantic grapefruit and twang note. Crispy note—which I can best describe as chicken skin. Meatiness is still there along with burnt butter, all dominated by the grapefruit note. Red pepper flake. I found a pretty decent maduro cigar with a great draw. I guess I'm not cut out for cigar reviewing!
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #370 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:29 PM »

This is what one reviewer found in the Las Calaveras Cigar: Barnyard, oak, Worcestershire sauce, sunflower seeds, wet leather and saltiness. Creamy potatoes, followed by the meatiness, which is now like a roasted sausage and big acidic leather notes. Gigantic grapefruit and twang note. Crispy note—which I can best describe as chicken skin. Meatiness is still there along with burnt butter, all dominated by the grapefruit note. Red pepper flake. I found a pretty decent maduro cigar with a great draw. I guess I'm not cut out for cigar reviewing!
Roasted sausage!….sheesh
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2014, 10:22:02 PM »

Think I'm gonna stop by next door then call it a night…have a good evening, men
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »

Good evening gents...
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »

Think I'm gonna stop by next door then call it a night…have a good evening, men
G'nite George.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »

Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Both are good choices in my opinion George.
Is the FDLA the Flor de Las Antillas by My Father...?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28