CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: 7/8/2014  (Read 68184 times)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.

No smokes for me yet.  Doing some random garbage work, making a few shekels.
Smoked a Sencillo Black on the way home.  Wasn't impressed.  Trains have been all screwed up today.  Still enough daylight to give the grass a quick mow.

Never had the Black.  That was a Nestor P. smoke, right? 

glassken

« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2014, 08:07:04 PM »

Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.

No smokes for me yet.  Doing some random garbage work, making a few shekels.
Smoked a Sencillo Black on the way home.  Wasn't impressed.  Trains have been all screwed up today.  Still enough daylight to give the grass a quick mow.

Never had the Black.  That was a Nestor P. smoke, right?
Yes, the Black was Nestor, the Platinum Christian Eiroa. I used to get the Plat very cheap--good cigar. I never had the Black.

glassken

« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.

Johnny

« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »

I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
Howdy Ken,that a DPG cigar?

glassken

« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »

I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
It is 5x50

glassken

« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2014, 08:25:29 PM »

I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
Yes. But is a Crowned Heads Cigar. Read:
LAS CALAVERAS EL 2014 Wrapper: Ecuador Habano Oscuro (8th priming) Binder: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua A total of 3,000 boxes (72,000 cigars) of Las Calaveras EL 2014 were produced at the My Father Cigars S.A. factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, under the supervision of Jose “Pepin” Garcia and Jaime Garcia. The Garcia family has garnered a reputation as makers of some of the world’s "best cigars, including Cigar Aficionado magazine’s “Cigar of the Year 2012.” Las Calaveras is packaged in 24-count boxes, each containing 3 rows of 8 cigars. Las Calaveras EL 2014 is available in 3 vitolas.

Johnny

« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:25 PM »

Yes. But is a Crowned Heads Cigar. Read:
LAS CALAVERAS EL 2014 Wrapper: Ecuador Habano Oscuro (8th priming) Binder: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua A total of 3,000 boxes (72,000 cigars) of Las Calaveras EL 2014 were produced at the My Father Cigars S.A. factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, under the supervision of Jose “Pepin” Garcia and Jaime Garcia. The Garcia family has garnered a reputation as makers of some of the world’s "best cigars, including Cigar Aficionado magazine’s “Cigar of the Year 2012.” Las Calaveras is packaged in 24-count boxes, each containing 3 rows of 8 cigars. Las Calaveras EL 2014 is available in 3 vitolas.
Sounds like a winner.

glassken

« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »

The Concept
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras was inspired by “La Calavera Catrina,” a zinc etching by Mexican printmaker and illustrator, Jose Guadalupe Posada.

The image depicts a female skeleton dressed only in a hat, and has become an icon of the Mexican Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead.  The holiday focuses upon gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember those who have died.

Beginning with the Edicion Limitada 2014, Las Calaveras will be an annual release that is a respectful homage to those who have passed away in the year before, and is intended to be a celebration of their lives and remembrances, rather than a mourning or a symbol of sadness and death.  Each year, we all lose a friend or loved one, or know of someone who has endured that same loss. In today’s fast-paced world, it is all too easy to forget the fragile nature that is life.  Often, in the race to gain material success, we lose sight that our true legacy are the lives we touch and the love we leave behind once we pass on.  It is in this spirit that Las Calaveras pays tribute to those who have touched our lives and shared their love.

With each year’s annual limited release, the blend and presentation of Las Calaveras will be altered.  What will remain the same, however, is the spirit behind the cigar.  We hope that with this annual remembrance, we will choose to celebrate–rather than mourn–the lives of those who have so graciously shared their legacies with us.

glassken

« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »

Well, either i killed it, or it was already dead, and I've been keeping it from passing to the after-life by talking too much(typing)!

Johnny

« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »

Well, either i killed it, or it was already dead, and I've been keeping it from passing to the after-life by talking too much(typing)!
Ken, it's been like this all day,very strange for a Jam day.

glassken

« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »

over at the CI banter??

Johnny

« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:37 PM »

over at the CI banter??
I've been on both today, usual kids were here, had a troll over on the banter but over all been very quiet.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2014, 09:02:04 PM »

Riot in Brazil tonight...down 5-0 in the first 30min... 4 goals in 5min for Germany
http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html
They may have to smuggle the Germans out of the country.  The keeper for Brazil better go with them.
Pretty darn close to the truth.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28