CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: 7/8/2014  (Read 71532 times)

sfish

Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.
Now, now Tardy Boy

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #271 on: July 08, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.
Hey, there he is!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »

Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff
Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something? 

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.

And also - NR bundles are $112.05 at Famous after the catsrule coupon.
But you have to backorder.

So backorder and smoke something else in the mean time!  Actually didn't even notice that part about it.  What's a few extra bucks over a bundle/box of cigars, anyway?  I'd hit 'em a few times on the Jam/Cigar Monster before biting the bullet with an entire bundle so I'm set for a while on 'em.  Maybe I'll have one tonight.  Seems like some sort of discussion always influences my cigar choice, which is strange considering that this is a cigar forum.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »

Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »

Looks like one of the most uninteresting places in the country:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naco,_Arizona

Later, Dave.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »

My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff
Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something? 

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.

So backorder and smoke something else in the mean time!  Actually didn't even notice that part about it.  What's a few extra bucks over a bundle/box of cigars, anyway?  I'd hit 'em a few times on the Jam/Cigar Monster before biting the bullet with an entire bundle so I'm set for a while on 'em.  Maybe I'll have one tonight.  Seems like some sort of discussion always influences my cigar choice, which is strange considering that this is a cigar forum.
I am still hesitant to try one.  They have a similar wrapper in comparisons sake to the LP9 right? (I'm a T52 guy, don't like the 9)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »

See ya Dave!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »

Revised my earlier post.  $117ish if you buy two ten-packs and a five-pack.  Still, I'm not going to sweat a difference of about 10-15 cents a stick.

Threebean

« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »

Nogales?  Remember to brake for illegals. 

Threebean

« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »

OK, there is a Naco. Same advice applies, if not more so. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »

I am still hesitant to try one.  They have a similar wrapper in comparisons sake to the LP9 right? (I'm a T52 guy, don't like the 9)
IMHO, a very, very different cigar than the LP9 I had last week. 

Threebean

« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »

Looks like one of the most uninteresting places in the country:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naco,_Arizona

Later, Dave.
What do you mean, it has the oldest continuously operating golf course in AZ.  That's fuukin' fascinating.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »

I will disagree a little bit, here.  I think there are definite similarities to the LP9.  I think the LP9 is a much better cigar than the NR but it should be considering the price difference.  I think the NR is a true "poor man's" LP9, which is what the Undercrown was pitched as initially.  Not that it's a cheap cigar by any means. 

And I would certainly say that the NR is closer to the LP9 than the T52. 

IMO, no offense, etc.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »

19 CLE Corojo Robusto
          5/22.50
18 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 1959 Robusto
         10/37.50
17 601 La Bomba Warhead Limited Edition Toro
         10/32.50
16 Cain Daytona
         10/37.50
15 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
         5/20.50
14 Oliva Serie 'V' Sampler 5 ct Box
         1/27.50
13 Liga Privada Undercrown
           5/27.50
12 Rocky Patel Signature
         10/34.99
11 CAO Italia
         10/34.99
10 Tres Reynas
          5/27.50
 9 Diesel Hair of the Dog Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Room 101 305 Robusto
         10/34.99
 7 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 6 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
 1 Padilla 1932
          5/24.50

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »

Hrmmm...or maybe I will wait until they release different vitolas...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28