CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: 12/8/2015  (Read 24868 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 12/8/2015
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2015, 09:36:35 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG
Good mornin Tex, was looking at guns last night - somewhat leaning towards a Glock 19...thoughts?

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/glock-19-pros-cons/
Mostly bullshit - and FYI Cheaper Than Dirt is a terrible supplier well known for price gouging on hard to find items during Obama sales spectaculars, serous gun folks do not do business there.  Little side note, that is where the AR's used in California came from.
thanks Dave. didn't know.
If at some point you are interested in a purchase let me know I can put you on the best places.  There are several really good online gun stores, and by the way they are not "unregistered sales" as a certain a-hole in the white house might lead you to believe.  You pay them and they ship it to a licensed dealer of your choice in your area then you go to that dealer and complete the transaction with all the state and federal paperwork.  Unless you are Raz you can usually avoid sales tax and get free shipping or very low cost shipping.  The local dealer will charge anywhere from $20-50 for the transfer but you can shop around for the best price and can be anywhere in Florida.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG
Good mornin Tex, was looking at guns last night - somewhat leaning towards a Glock 19...thoughts?
Good choice, one of the most popular pistols in the country.  I prefer the 23 (.40 cal) but the 19 is far more economical to shoot.  Glock makes most calibers in a small, medium and large size, for all around use the middle (19, 23, 32) are probably the best choice.  That gun can be found down around $485-510 most of the time, buy Generation 3 NOT Gen 4 which costs more.
Perfect, I'll look for a gen3 and start doing some heavier research. 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2015, 09:42:32 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

Mostly bullshit - and FYI Cheaper Than Dirt is a terrible supplier well known for price gouging on hard to find items during Obama sales spectaculars, serous gun folks do not do business there.  Little side note, that is where the AR's used in California came from.
If at some point you are interested in a purchase let me know I can put you on the best places.  There are several really good online gun stores, and by the way they are not "unregistered sales" as a certain a-hole in the white house might lead you to believe.  You pay them and they ship it to a licensed dealer of your choice in your area then you go to that dealer and complete the transaction with all the state and federal paperwork.  Unless you are Raz you can usually avoid sales tax and get free shipping or very low cost shipping.  The local dealer will charge anywhere from $20-50 for the transfer but you can shop around for the best price and can be anywhere in Florida.
thanks, but the lady has a 9 mm Baretta she's selling me for $200. she can no longer pull the slide back so it's useless to her. going through the safety class, conceal/carry and permit process next month.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG
Good choice, one of the most popular pistols in the country.  I prefer the 23 (.40 cal) but the 19 is far more economical to shoot.  Glock makes most calibers in a small, medium and large size, for all around use the middle (19, 23, 32) are probably the best choice.  That gun can be found down around $485-510 most of the time, buy Generation 3 NOT Gen 4 which costs more.

I just checked my favorite Glock supplier and they are sold out of every version of G19's!  Thanks Obama!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2015, 09:46:24 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

thanks, but the lady has a 9 mm Baretta she's selling me for $200. she can no longer pull the slide back so it's useless to her. going through the safety class, conceal/carry and permit process next month.
Sounds like a good deal to me, especially if it cums with some fudge ;D

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2015, 09:46:43 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

I just checked my favorite Glock supplier and they are sold out of every version of G19's!  Thanks Obama!
BASTIGE!!!!!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2015, 09:51:39 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

BAM!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2015, 09:55:37 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

BASTIGE!!!!!
Travellin Shooter Dave will point you towards an FN and that is not a bad choice at all.  There new 9 mm Compact is a quite nice mid-size pistol and a bit cheaper than the Glocks.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »

G'Mornin, Fellas... HappyFvckinTuesday!  ;D

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »

Good morning BS but it is just Monday again.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »

GMornin Steve

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

BASTIGE!!!!!
Travellin Shooter Dave will point you towards an FN and that is not a bad choice at all.  There new 9 mm Compact is a quite nice mid-size pistol and a bit cheaper than the Glocks.
Hmm, good to know - i'll check it out. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2015, 10:13:36 AM »

Good morning BS but it is just Monday again.

Fvck Monday!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »

GMornin gellas!
Morning CG

I was wrong. it's a TCP 9mm and she's thinking about giving me the Taurus 38.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20