CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: 12/4/2015  (Read 35196 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 12/4/2015
« Reply #285 on: December 04, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »

still have to do something with the Oliva sampler and Padron sampler I got a few days ago.

I'd smoke 'em if I were you. Just sayin'  ;D
Oh, I will, just a question of when.  most of bothe of them are headed home with me for the home humi.  these are too good to smoke on the way to jobsites.

Agree'd. I really enjoy the Padron 64's. Let us know how the maddy is.
IMHO All Padron 64's are Outstanding if you like Maduro cigars which I do.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #286 on: December 04, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »

Think my edit threw off Sammy's post. haha

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »

Think my edit threw off Sammy's post. haha
LOL, I thought i'd done the noob thing with putting the line in the quoted section. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:26 PM »

still have to do something with the Oliva sampler and Padron sampler I got a few days ago.

Oh, I will, just a question of when.  most of bothe of them are headed home with me for the home humi.  these are too good to smoke on the way to jobsites.

I've only had the naturals. Been trying a lot more maddys this year. Can be hit or miss for my tastes, but I'm sure the 64 is good... That is a solid smoke.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »

oh, is the 1964 a maduro cigar only?  i've only had one or two since they rarely if ever go on sale and are priced way above where i'd buy.  wouldn't have these if they weren't a freebe on a $50.00 order.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2015, 04:21:58 PM »

oh, is the 1964 a maduro cigar only?  i've never had one since they rarely if ever go on sale and are priced way above where i'd buy.  wouldn't have these if they weren't a freebe on a $50.00 order.
They come natural & Maduro

Threebean

« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »

ever been to Puerto Rico?  Warden & I are planning to get away this winter and I suggested Puerto Rico on a whim, but really don't know a thing about it.  Been to a few Carribean islands, and basically they all have palm trees, sand and ocean so i'm guessing PR is the same animal.
Been a while and a work trip but would not be near the top of my list of Caribbean get-a-ways.
Agreed.  Been 30 yrs since I vacationed there, so my frame of reference is shot.  I doubt it's gotten better, though. The Commonwealth is in very shaky financial straits.  Not unlike the US itself, but PR can't print their own money.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2015, 04:22:34 PM »

Well, Folks. Had to stay longer in the hellhole than I wanted, but calling it a day RIGHT NOW!

On with the weekend. Ya'll enjoy it!

Threebean

« Reply #293 on: December 04, 2015, 04:23:08 PM »

ever been to Puerto Rico?  Warden & I are planning to get away this winter and I suggested Puerto Rico on a whim, but really don't know a thing about it.  Been to a few Carribean islands, and basically they all have palm trees, sand and ocean so i'm guessing PR is the same animal.
Been a while and a work trip but would not be near the top of my list of Caribbean get-a-ways.
Yeah,  doesn't seem to be a real getaway place for the resort crowd as far as online stuff is concerned.
Some of the resorts themselves are ok but outside of them it is a very dirty place, they mostly don't speak English, crime is very high in San Juan itself and the Goverment is bankrupt but they do have some excellent local foods there and fishing is pretty good.
+1 on all counts (sorry, replied to his original query before reading yours)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #294 on: December 04, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

I've only had the naturals. Been trying a lot more maddys this year. Can be hit or miss for my tastes, but I'm sure the 64 is good... That is a solid smoke.
If they were about $4-5 each probably be about all I smoked but as they are usually about $15+ each I only smoke about 5-6 a year.

Threebean

« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »

oh, is the 1964 a maduro cigar only?  i've never had one since they rarely if ever go on sale and are priced way above where i'd buy.  wouldn't have these if they weren't a freebe on a $50.00 order.
TWSS

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2015, 04:26:41 PM »

Yeah,  doesn't seem to be a real getaway place for the resort crowd as far as online stuff is concerned.
Some of the resorts themselves are ok but outside of them it is a very dirty place, they mostly don't speak English, crime is very high in San Juan itself and the Goverment is bankrupt but they do have some excellent local foods there and fishing is pretty good.
+1 on all counts (sorry, replied to his original query before reading yours)
Only about 10 years for me but it is far worse now according to folks I know that have to go there occasionly for work. U. S. Government prints money for them no problem, just bailed them out from bond default in the last few weeks.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »

TWSS
I believe S would be referring to cum not come

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »

First time I saw one of the San Cristobal Papagayo XXL, they were huge now pretty much an everyday thing.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #299 on: December 04, 2015, 04:36:12 PM »

later gator
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27