Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1985, the hijacking of an Egyptair jetliner parked on the ground in Malta ended violently as Egyptian commandos stormed the plane. Fifty-eight people died in the raid, in addition to two others killed by the hijackers.

In 1995, voters in Ireland narrowly approved a constitutional amendment
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: A suicide bomber struck outside a hospital south of Baghdad while U.S. troops were handing out candy and food to children; the blast killed some 30 people. A giant balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York snagged a street light and caused part of it to fall, injuring a woman and a child. Actor Pat Morita died in Las Vegas at age 73.

Five years ago: A jury in Austin convicted former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, on charges he'd illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002. (DeLay's convictions were overturned on appeal.)

One year ago: Under pressure from President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel submitted his resignation amid White House concerns about his effectiveness and broader criticism from outside about the administration's Middle East crisis management. It was announced that a grand jury in St. Louis County, Missouri, had decided against indicting Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the death of Michael Brown; the decision enraged protesters who set fire to buildings and cars and looted businesses in the area where Brown had been fatally shot.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Basketball Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson is 77. Country singer Johnny Carver is 75. Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue (TAG'-lee-uh-boo) is 75. Rock drummer Pete Best is 74. Actor-comedian Billy Connolly is 73. Former White House news secretary Marlin Fitzwater is 73. Former Motion Picture Association of America Chairman Dan Glickman is 71. Singer Lee Michaels is 70. Actor Dwight Schultz is 68. Actor Stanley Livingston is 65. Rock musician Clem Burke (Blondie; The Romantics) is 61. Record producer Terry Lewis is 59. Actor/director Ruben Santiago-Hudson is 59. Actress Denise Crosby is 58. Actress Shae D'Lyn is 53. Rock musician John Squire (The Stone Roses) is 53. Rock musician Gary Stonadge (Big Audio) is 53. Actor Conleth Hill is 51. Actor-comedian Brad Sherwood is 51. Actor Garret Dillahunt is 51. Actor-comedian Scott Krinsky is 47. Rock musician Chad Taylor (Live) is 45. Actress Lola Glaudini is 44. Actress Danielle Nicolet is 42. Actor/writer/director/producer Stephen Merchant is 41. Olympic bronze medal figure skater Chen Lu is 39. Actor Colin Hanks is 38. Actress Katherine Heigl (HY'-guhl) is 37. Actress Sarah Hyland is 25.

Thought for Today: "There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again." - W.H. Auden, British poet (1907-1973).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Turkey and the Bull
-------------------------

A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be Able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, but I haven't got the energy."

"Well, why don't you nibble on my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found that it gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree. Soon he was spotted by a farmer, who shot the turkey out of the tree.

Moral of the story: Bullsh*t might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

7 Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo
          5/27.50
 6 Padilla Serie 1968 Toro
         10/27.50
 5 Flor de Las Antillas Toro
          5/27.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited
         10/31.50
 3 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros
          4/19.99
 2 Carlos Torano 50 Years Exodus
         10/34.99
 1 San Cristobal Elegancia
          5/28.50
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time for a sheesh!

Good morning Chip.

Turkey and the Bull
-------------------------

A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be Able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, but I haven't got the energy."

"Well, why don't you nibble on my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found that it gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree. Soon he was spotted by a farmer, who shot the turkey out of the tree.

Moral of the story: Bullsh*t might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

Don't eat another Man's dung!

Morning Chip & Blue

Turkey has shot down a Russian fighter jet earlier this morning near the Turkey-Syrian Border.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

8 Graycliff G2 Presidente
         10/29.99
 7 Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo
          5/27.50
 6 Padilla Serie 1968 Toro
         10/27.50
 5 Flor de Las Antillas Toro
          5/27.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited
         10/31.50
 3 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros
          4/19.99
 2 Carlos Torano 50 Years Exodus
         10/34.99
 1 San Cristobal Elegancia
          5/28.50
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning Chip & Blue
Good morning Native.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Turkey has shot down a Russian fighter jet earlier this morning near the Turkey-Syrian Border.
They must not know the difference between American and Russian planes because unlike Obama, Putin is going to make them pay for that.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Turkey has shot down a Russian fighter jet earlier this morning near the Turkey-Syrian Border.
They must not know the difference between American and Russian planes because unlike Obama, Putin is going to make them pay for that.
I don't think they will get leaflets dropped from the sky warning them either.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

8 Graycliff G2 Presidente
         10/29.99
 7 Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo
          5/27.50
 6 Padilla Serie 1968 Toro
         10/27.50
 5 Flor de Las Antillas Toro
          5/27.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited
         10/31.50
 3 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros
          4/19.99
 2 Carlos Torano 50 Years Exodus
         10/34.99
 1 San Cristobal Elegancia
          5/28.50

Looks like another crappy jam in store for us today.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20