Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1974, a federal judge in Cleveland dismissed charges against eight Ohio National Guardsmen accused of violating the civil rights of students who were killed or wounded in the 1970 Kent State shootings.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1988, Vice President George H.W. Bush won the presidential election, defeating the Democratic nominee, Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1994, midterm elections resulted in Republicans winning a majority in the Senate while at the same time gaining control of the House for the first time in 40 years.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: French President Jacques Chirac (zhahk shih-RAHK') declared a 12-day state of emergency to halt France's worst civil unrest in nearly four decades. Gunmen assassinated a second lawyer in the Saddam Hussein trial in Baghdad. At Campbell County Comprehensive High School in Tennessee, Assistant Principal Kent Bruce was shot and killed and two other administrators seriously wounded. (Student Kenneth Bartley later pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and attempted murder and was sentenced to 45 years in prison, with a chance for parole in 25.) Bartolo Colon won the American League Cy Young Award.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: On the third and final day of his trip to India, President Barack Obama endorsed the country's bid to become a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council. A jury in New Haven, Connecticut, condemned Steven Hayes to death for a home invasion that left Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters, Michaela and Hayley, dead. (The sentence was later commuted to life in prison.) Former kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart took the stand in Salt Lake City on the first day of testimony in the trial of Brian David Mitchell, the man accused of abducting her in June 2002 when she was 14. An engine fire aboard the Carnival Splendor cruise ship left nearly 4,500 aboard without electricity during a three-day tow to San Diego. Talk show host Conan O'Brien made his debut on TBS.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: President Barack Obama introduced his choice for U.S. attorney general, Brooklyn federal prosecutor Loretta Lynch, to succeed Eric Holder. Two Americans held by North Korea, Matthew Miller of Bakersfield, California, and Kenneth Bae of Lynnwood, Washington, were released into the custody of James Clapper, the director of U.S. national intelligence.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actor Norman Lloyd is 101. CBS newsman Morley Safer is 84. Actress Stephane Audran is 83. Actor Alain Delon is 80. Singer-actress Bonnie Bramlett is 71. Singer Bonnie Raitt is 66. TV personality Mary Hart is 65. Former Playboy Enterprises chairman and chief executive Christie Hefner is 63. Actress Alfre Woodard is 63. Singer-songwriter Rickie Lee Jones is 61. Author Kazuo Ishiguro is 61. Rock musician Porl Thompson (The Cure) is 58. Singer-actor Leif Garrett is 54. Chef and TV personality Gordon Ramsay is 49. Actress Courtney Thorne-Smith is 48. Actress Parker Posey is 47. Rock musician Jimmy Chaney is 46. Actress Roxana Zal is 46. Singer Diana King is 45. Actor Gonzalo Menendez is 44. Rock musician Scott Devendorf (The National) is 43. Actress Gretchen Mol is 42. ABC News anchor David Muir is 42. Actor Matthew Rhys is 41. Actress Tara Reid is 40. Country singer Bucky Covington is 38. Actress Dania Ramirez is 36. Actress Azura Skye is 34. Actor Chris Rankin is 32. TV personality Jack Osbourne is 30. Actress Jessica Lowndes is 27. Singer-actor Riker Lynch (TV: "Glee" ''Dancing With the Stars") is 24. Country singer Lauren Alaina is 21.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling." — Margaret Lee Runbeck, American author (1905-1956).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Engineering Position
-------------------------

Bubba applied for an engineering position at a Lake Charles refinery. A Yankee applied for the same job and both applicants having the same qualifications were asked to take a test by the manager. Upon completion of the test, both men only missed one of the questions. The manager went to Bubba and said: "Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to give the Yankee the job."
Bubba asked: "And why are you giving him the job? We both got nine questions correct. This being Louisiana, and me being a Southern boy, I should get the job!"

The manager said: "We have made our decision not on the correct answers, but rather on the one question that you both missed."

Bubba then asked: "And just how would one incorrect answer be better than the other?"

The manager replied: "Bubba, its like this. On question #4 the Yankee put down; "I don't know." You put down, "Neither do I."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road and listen to the Alabama fans at work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Sheesh X 2!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Sheesh X 2!
+1
Good morning Chip. A cold start here.
We are still waiting on our first cool morning down here.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7