CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: 11/3/2015  (Read 13682 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 11/3/2015
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »

I see the ABC deals have
Oliva Master Blends III Robusto (5.0"x50) - 10 for $49.99
I'm not even sure that's a good deal or not since I'm not a fan of them.  But I thought some one was talking about them the other day..?  So I thought I'd toss that out there.
That's about as good as it gets for the MB3s - they have grown on me, but I would still rather smoke an O Maddy for 1/2 the price
I agree to that.  I sort of like the Infernals too.
With the cost of all of them, no use going with the "sort of likes", spend your money on the definitely likes with a little bit saved for the "want to try's"
I've been doing my best and fairly well at only buying what I like and not straying off on unknown samplers and such.
I avoid samplers myself, usually. Y'all are so far more experienced than me that I just wait for you to say something is good, then look for a deal on it.
Samplers are generally bad deals IMHO except there are sometimes samplers that are a selection of 3-5 vitola's for a certain cigar and those can be excellent and sometimes good deals.  V Sampler and Jericho Hill Sampler are a couple of good examples of those.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »

I see the ABC deals have
I'm not even sure that's a good deal or not since I'm not a fan of them.  But I thought some one was talking about them the other day..?  So I thought I'd toss that out there.
That's about as good as it gets for the MB3s - they have grown on me, but I would still rather smoke an O Maddy for 1/2 the price
With the cost of all of them, no use going with the "sort of likes", spend your money on the definitely likes with a little bit saved for the "want to try's"
I've been doing my best and fairly well at only buying what I like and not straying off on unknown samplers and such.
I avoid samplers myself, usually. Y'all are so far more experienced than me that I just wait for you to say something is good, then look for a deal on it.
Probably the only samplers I'll buy now are from the same blender or product line, like Crowned Heads Six Shooter, Jericho Hill Four Pack, RoMa Craft Limited Edition El Catador De Las Petite Coronas, Tatuaje Little or Pudgy Monsters and the like.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2015, 11:51:24 AM »

I see the ABC deals have
Probably the only samplers I'll buy now are from the same blender or product line, like Crowned Heads Six Shooter, Jericho Hill Four Pack, RoMa Craft Limited Edition El Catador De Las Petite Coronas, Tatuaje Little or Pudgy Monsters and the like.
Ditto

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2015, 11:53:17 AM »

I see the ABC deals have
Samplers are generally bad deals IMHO except there are sometimes samplers that are a selection of 3-5 vitola's for a certain cigar and those can be excellent and sometimes good deals.  V Sampler and Jericho Hill Sampler are a couple of good examples of those.
Yea, what he said!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »

Off for a lunch walk with a Torano Loyal.  BBL.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »

I'm not quite with it today, so please stand by.  I went to the doctor last week to get a bump removed from my noggin, ouch..!  I went back yesterday to get the stiches removed, and he said, "we didn't get it all, so we're going to have to do it again."  Ouch and Yikes...!  So I've been taking some of my pain pills, and I can't seem to think straight at the moment.   :o  But I'm not drooling or anything like that.
Thinking straight has never been a requirement of the banter.
Hope you are feeling better.
I don't feel bad, it just feels like my wife hit me in the head with corner of a square glass ashtray.  The eggs turned out good, so I guess the egg frying part of my brain is working good.
That is likely what happened.  You just don't remember, what with having tossed back a few and distracted by the pot pie in the toaster oven.
Actually, I do have a pot pie in the freezer.  And I could put some Amaretto into my coffee.  Now if I could talk the wife into taking her shower early, I could flush the toilet and have a dancer too.. :)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »

I'm not quite with it today, so please stand by.  I went to the doctor last week to get a bump removed from my noggin, ouch..!  I went back yesterday to get the stiches removed, and he said, "we didn't get it all, so we're going to have to do it again."  Ouch and Yikes...!  So I've been taking some of my pain pills, and I can't seem to think straight at the moment.   :o  But I'm not drooling or anything like that.
Thanks....  If they only have to take the stiches out on Monday, I'll be happy.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »

I don't feel bad, it just feels like my wife hit me in the head with corner of a square glass ashtray.  The eggs turned out good, so I guess the egg frying part of my brain is working good.
I may regret asking this, but how would you know what getting hit by your wife with the corner of a square glass ashtray feels like???   :-\
Ya don't stay married for 43 years without a few disagreements.  But to speak up for myself, I will have to say, "She was wrong in every fight and argument."  :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »

Thanks....  If they only have to take the stiches out on Monday, I'll be happy.
Looking at that last post I am thinking they may have forgotten to put the stitches in and there was a leak. :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »

Mid-Day Report

DOW  +95

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »

Had one of those yesterday and enjoyed it.  Not necessarily a "buy" cigar but definitely a "smokable" one.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2015, 12:15:40 PM »

Had one of those yesterday and enjoyed it.  Not necessarily a "buy" cigar but definitely a "smokable" one.
Had a Black Crown on my drive in this morning and liked the flavors more.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »

Time for some lunch and a walk

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2015, 12:33:58 PM »

It's time for a break.  BBL (maybe)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2015, 12:55:17 PM »

I may regret asking this, but how would you know what getting hit by your wife with the corner of a square glass ashtray feels like???   :-\
Ya don't stay married for 43 years without a few disagreements.  But to speak up for myself, I will have to say, "She was wrong in every fight and argument."  :)
True, but not all involve heavy or  sharp implements.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13