CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: 7/2/2014  (Read 101310 times)

dogdays

Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #405 on: July 02, 2014, 08:02:12 PM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #406 on: July 02, 2014, 08:03:42 PM »

Time to shut down and catch the van.  I'll check in from the road.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #407 on: July 02, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »

Evening sly, how's the shnazola?

dogdays

« Reply #408 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »

As I recall, these had problems with the burn and draw for the bulb, but once they got passed that and were going, they had a strong ash and were fairly well rolled.  For the rosado, at least.  The Maduro never burned right.

And this one has the same lack of draw/smoke, though it is slowly burning.

And it opened up and is smoking very nicely now.  Medium bodied, fairly strong core flavor.  Syrupy/molasses type sweetness, a strong/focused cinnamon type spiciness, woody/nutty/light coffee? tobacco.  No peppery notes, really.   Despite the sweetness on the inhale, the end result is a more savory smoke due to the general spiciness.

Reminds me of the Partagas Spanish Rosado a bit. 

Raisin.  That's what I couldn't place.  This has a Raisin flavor to it.  Spicy raisin.  CB's fault.
So do the Verdadero Organic, but it's non-spicy raisin. 8)
Good evening Sly , it's great to see you ! .

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #409 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »

My fist one ever......had it in the humi lose to 3 years. Starting out ok, but not sure I get all the love this cigar gets.
very well made, very smooth, after the first 1/2" the bitter finish has gone. Oily nutty smoke. It's getting better.
nice wood, pepper, anise and Novocain.....my mouth feels numb

In the middle third, the LSD kicks in.  Then it gets interesting.
i thought that was on the band
Uh...where did you buy these, again?

I get most of mine from Grateful Dead tribute concerts.   Why, where else do they sell them?
Greatful Dead LSD story. Dropped some liquid before a Dead concert and was tripping balls. I almost got to the edge, but told myself "if you make it past the drum solo, you will be ok". I made it, but not sure I'm ok.
Can I tell my Grateful Dead story?  PS, Oy, I just smoked the Wynwood on a fresh palate (no cigar yesterday).  It was a fine smoke, I enjoyed it with a RB Witbier.  Good pairing.  Very hot & humid here today.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #410 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »

Huh.  I just posted a reply and got an error saying I don't have permissions to create a new topic.  That's odd.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #411 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »

Better thanks. Not quite normal. (The story of my life).

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #412 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:54 PM »

My fist one ever......had it in the humi lose to 3 years. Starting out ok, but not sure I get all the love this cigar gets.
very well made, very smooth, after the first 1/2" the bitter finish has gone. Oily nutty smoke. It's getting better.

I get most of mine from Grateful Dead tribute concerts.   Why, where else do they sell them?
Greatful Dead LSD story. Dropped some liquid before a Dead concert and was tripping balls. I almost got to the edge, but told myself "if you make it past the drum solo, you will be ok". I made it, but not sure I'm ok.
Can I tell my Grateful Dead story?  PS, Oy, I just smoked the Wynwood on a fresh palate (no cigar yesterday).  It was a fine smoke, I enjoyed it with a RB Witbier.  Good pairing.  Very hot & humid here today.
nice.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #413 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:55 PM »

snip

Which Wynwood?

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #414 on: July 02, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »

As I recall, these had problems with the burn and draw for the bulb, but once they got passed that and were going, they had a strong ash and were fairly well rolled.  For the rosado, at least.  The Maduro never burned right.

And this one has the same lack of draw/smoke, though it is slowly burning.

And it opened up and is smoking very nicely now.  Medium bodied, fairly strong core flavor.  Syrupy/molasses type sweetness, a strong/focused cinnamon type spiciness, woody/nutty/light coffee? tobacco.  No peppery notes, really.   Despite the sweetness on the inhale, the end result is a more savory smoke due to the general spiciness.

Reminds me of the Partagas Spanish Rosado a bit. 

Raisin.  That's what I couldn't place.  This has a Raisin flavor to it.  Spicy raisin.  CB's fault.
So do the Verdadero Organic, but it's non-spicy raisin. 8)
Good evening Sly , it's great to see you ! .
Same here, dd.  Smoking anything good?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #415 on: July 02, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »

Better thanks. Not quite normal. (The story of my life).
What is this 'normal' of which you speak?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #416 on: July 02, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »

Any Grateful Dead story you can tell with any certainty likely didn't happen.

dogdays

« Reply #417 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

I want to hear the grateful dead story .

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #418 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »

snip

Which Wynwood?
From Oy.  Label had a person/woman with a rabbit head on Ike an Indian with a buffalo head on), label was pain spattered ... about a corona gorda.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »

Any Grateful Dead story you can tell with any certainty likely didn't happen.

Most of them start out pretty concrete.  "We were going to this Dead show and then...."  After that point of the story, things tend to get hazy.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36