jswaykos

« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I'm sure Joe will chime in, but Grapefruit seems to be taking off in craft brews. The fact that Sculpin and imo, Lagunitas Little Sumpin have a nice amount of grapefruit/citrus flavor, some people just need it on the label... Oh this has grapefruit!?! I'll give it a try.

I'm sure this is partially true, with the difference being that there is ACTUAL grapefruit in it now as opposed to simply being grapefruit-esque.  But if someone like my wife is picking up the beers, she'd definitely be more drawn to the grapefruit on the label.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

Sweetwater just introduced the Whiplash, which is a white IPA. Pretty good, but not in the class of some of the ones already mentioned.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/273/105581/

« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2014, 02:01:13 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look

« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2014, 02:03:01 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!  And we could have our very own song - The Beerbanter Polka!  Woo hoo!  Prosit!

« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!
It's like Scott and Joe send each other a text at a certain time each day saying, "ok, beer talk on the banter - GO!" It's like clockwork.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!

Yeah. Went from nicknames, to GolfinDaves sex life, to Cubans, now beer.

Congrats on your poop, CB!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2014, 02:08:20 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!
It's like Scott and Joe send each other a text at a certain time each day saying, "ok, beer talk on the banter - GO!" It's like clockwork.

I get thirstier as the day goes along.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I'm sure Joe will chime in, but Grapefruit seems to be taking off in craft brews. The fact that Sculpin and imo, Lagunitas Little Sumpin have a nice amount of grapefruit/citrus flavor, some people just need it on the label... Oh this has grapefruit!?! I'll give it a try.
You can always add some gin to it.

« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!
It's like Scott and Joe send each other a text at a certain time each day saying, "ok, beer talk on the banter - GO!" It's like clockwork.
Indeed or get Tony to set up a beer thread.  Oh, and ISOKW thread too!  Wouldn't want to forget a golf banter either. Howdy Dave.

« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!
It's like Scott and Joe send each other a text at a certain time each day saying, "ok, beer talk on the banter - GO!" It's like clockwork.

I get thirstier as the day goes along.
I get the same way about cigars as the kids bed time approaches.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2014, 02:15:52 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I'm sure Joe will chime in, but Grapefruit seems to be taking off in craft brews. The fact that Sculpin and imo, Lagunitas Little Sumpin have a nice amount of grapefruit/citrus flavor, some people just need it on the label... Oh this has grapefruit!?! I'll give it a try.
You can always add some gin to it.

Like me some T&T's... and you never know what they'll put in craft beer nowadays. Lemongrass was a recent. Although, I don't know if the pine needle (aka juniper berry) would be a hit with the oat soda folks. Never say never.

« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
What's the deal?

What's the deal with no deals?  Who knows.  Grapefruit Sculpin available for growler fills at Ballast Point, want to try that.  I need to start leaving empty growlers in the car.
Lack of temptation is good for me right now.  I've bought more cigars in 2014 than in the previous 48 years of my life combined.

Ah, who'm I kidding?  Probably going to order more Cubans today.  Didn't get to it yesterday.
What are you going to buy Bret ? .
Either the RyJ Short Churchills or the MC Petite #2s.  I'm resisting the urge to load up on all the Partagas I can get - I like Partagas, but I tell myself I really should explore some others.
Both good choices...smoke any Bolivars or Ramon Allones?
I have - the petit corona size in both, and one of the Bolivar Bellicosos Finos.  A box of ten of the Allones Superiores is tempting, but I'm suspicious that it won't be $2 per stick better than the Partagas.

This is all tortuous logic, because I haven't had the RyJ or MC Petite #2 either.  What odd logic we use when spending money.

The Partagas Shorts are ALWAYS "in stock" at my house, love those.

Tortuous logic indeed, especially when we get hung up on "just" $2.  Adds up quick when you're talking per stick, over a full box of cigars, but for any one cigar it's a trivial amount of money.  Like when we say something is good at $3 but not $3.50.  Really?  That 50¢ makes that much of a difference?

Just buy 'em all and go on a hiatus until the next great deal surfaces.
Well, yeah, but we do have to draw lines somewhere.  A $2 increment in a bid on the devil might equate to $0.08-$0.10 per cigar, but I won't increment the bid just because it's the principle of the thing.  It's the same with other things.  On Saturday I took $80 with me to buy a motorcycle jack from a guy who was asking $90.  On the way I decided I was interested at $60 but no higher.  No good reason why.  It would have been a fair price at $80.  I just decided I wanted it at $60.  I got it at $60.  It becomes a question of what's trivial.  I used to measure it in packs of cigarettes - a pack of smokes was about $8 (when I quit).  So it was worth it to me to get $8 off something because that was a pack of smokes.  Now, $10 is a Tat Black CG and an EPC Short Run 2013.  Is that trivial?  Maybe, maybe not.

As for hiatuses, they're easier claimed than done.  >:(

« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »

Time for me to roll. Hope everyone enjoys the holiday, and that you get to enjoy plenty of good food and better smokes.

Hazzuh!

« Reply #284 on: July 02, 2014, 02:20:30 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/98387/
Oh it's one of those Projects, I've seen some of those but don't recall the grapefruit, I shall look
The Beer Channel...  Nope, the beerbanter!  And we could have our very own song - The Beerbanter Polka!  Woo hoo!  Prosit!
Do you mean Prost perchance CB?  I know, you're going phonetical.....