CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: 10/13/2015  (Read 10577 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 10/13/2015
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.
Great morning to you, NJDave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:31 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »

Guess I will take my morning walk before it gets hot.
Nice brisk 2-block walk this morning, already getting warm though but as Bean said yesterday much cooler today  ::)  High today only 93.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »

Guess I will take my morning walk before it gets hot.
Nice brisk 2-block walk this morning, already getting warm though but as Bean said yesterday much cooler today  ::)  High today only 93.
Better bring your sweater.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015, 09:08:48 AM »

This closeup picture from the LSU game on Saturday looks to show Spurrier not being at all in good health.  He was not a frail man and this picture shows a very frail looking man.  The second picture was taken at the GA game a month ago.
I was wondering if his health had something to do with his decision.
It would certainly be highly uncharacteristic of him to simply walk away and those two pictures are pretty compelling to me.
I'm sure the full story will come out in time.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »

Must be National La Palina Daily Special Day, Sister Email and Cigar King both La Palina's today.  As usual Cigar King deal is a joke.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:41 AM »

This closeup picture from the LSU game on Saturday looks to show Spurrier not being at all in good health.  He was not a frail man and this picture shows a very frail looking man.  The second picture was taken at the GA game a month ago.
It would certainly be highly uncharacteristic of him to simply walk away and those two pictures are pretty compelling to me.
I'm sure the full story will come out in time.
No doubt and these days such times are usually pretty short.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:45 AM »

Truth will come out before long.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2015, 09:26:43 AM »

Thank God for all the fine AMERICAN Craft Breweries we have to bring us fine beers these days!

Busch, Bud, Michelob and others - InBev of Belgium
Miller - SAB of the UK  soon to be another InBev Company for the tune of $106 Billion
Lonestar - owned by Pabst Blue Ribbon - now owned by a California Company, most commie of them all but wait a minute the Los Angeles company Pabst Brewing is acutally owned by MillerCoors which is controlled by Moson which is controlled by SAB Miller!
Coors -  taken over by Molson (Canadian Commies) several years ago and now operated as a joint venture by SAB Miller operating as MillerCoors.
Schlitz  - now owned by California Commies Pabst aka MillerCoors which is really Molson Coors which is really SAB Miller.

Basically all the major known AMERICAN Beer Names will belong to one European company.

Just imagine what the New World Order can do for us if they can fuk beer up that bad.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2015, 09:33:03 AM »

DOW Opening   -91

But already coming off that opening low  -79 now

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »

Judgment Day at the wardens company today, going to hand out about 350 pink slips and about that many or more job re-assignments.  Best thing is a pink slip might be the better option because of the very nice severance package other than she has been working the oil fields for 32 years and that would be a sad way to end it as she will just retire about 10 months earlier than planned.  Real bad deal for those not near retirement though because it is unlikely they will be able to find jobs, especially similar paying jobs if any at all, in that industry for a while.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2015, 10:00:02 AM »

Judgment Day at the wardens company today, going to hand out about 350 pink slips and about that many or more job re-assignments.  Best thing is a pink slip might be the better option because of the very nice severance package other than she has been working the oil fields for 32 years and that would be a sad way to end it as she will just retire about 10 months earlier than planned.
Good luck to her.  And please be nice today, TXDave.  She's gonna have a shit day no matter what the outcome.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »

Judgment Day at the wardens company today, going to hand out about 350 pink slips and about that many or more job re-assignments.  Best thing is a pink slip might be the better option because of the very nice severance package other than she has been working the oil fields for 32 years and that would be a sad way to end it as she will just retire about 10 months earlier than planned.
Good luck to her.  And please be nice today, TXDave.  She's gonna have a shit day no matter what the outcome.
OK, I will be nice and yes it is a shit day for everybody.   Crazy thing is they have a "one-on-one" meeting, with whom they don't even know yet, and everyone leaves after their meeting regardless of outcome.....  There will be a number of mid-level managers leaving or getting lower jobs.  Of course no top management will be touched.

As we speak she just got called in and is staying in her current position just switching from North Dakota projects to Texas Projects which is actually easier anyway. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »

OK, I will be nice and yes it is a shit day for everybody.   Crazy thing is they have a "one-on-one" meeting, with whom they don't even know yet, and everyone leaves after their meeting regardless of outcome.....  There will be a number of mid-level managers leaving or getting lower jobs.  Of course no top management will be touched.

As we speak she just got called in and is staying in her current position just switching from North Dakota projects to Texas Projects which is actually easier anyway. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Just for you Tony I told her I would take her out for a very nice dinner tonight. ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »

Just for you Tony I told her I would take her out for a very nice dinner tonight. ;)
Thank you.  Sounds like it's working out for her but boy oh boy does it suck to be walking around in that office today.  I can completely sympathize.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10