CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 10/11/2015  (Read 9489 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/11/2015
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2015, 08:54:40 AM »

Pretty decent deal on a good cigar at CI today,  WTF that makes 2 days in a row for decent Daily Deals.

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Shhhhhh!  You don't want to let them know we noticed.
Good Point
By the way, have you heard that Fed-Ex will no longer ship tobacco?  Not just to internet/mail-order customers but from the factories to the suppliers.  It's only a matter of time before UPS and USPS follow suit and then we're really fucked.
Doubt that USPS will turn down any business.  Guess we should stock up in any case!
I anticipate the FDA is fixing to put the fuk on us anyway.  I have been stocking up for a year or so, probaly over 1000 cigars now.  Have my larger primary humidor and 4 overflow humi's including an igloo cooler I just converted last week.  Actual hoarding purpose is prep for retirement spending reductions.  Figure I will be able to smoke 3 years on what I got and will only need to fill in occasionally to extend that to 4 or 5 years.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

Morning Chip and Dave!
Morning Travellin Dave.  Is it this week you are going to SC/GA for Family Time?
Yes, heading out Tuesday.
Good deal, Babies out of the hospital yet?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2015, 08:56:56 AM »

Morning again Chip.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning then managed to go back to sleep about 6:00 but the Warden woke up at 6:45 and within 3 minutes it was total chaos, so much for resting in peace while still living.
Thats why they only associate resting in peace with the final checkout.
I guess.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »

Pretty decent deal on a good cigar at CI today,  WTF that makes 2 days in a row for decent Daily Deals.

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
By the way, have you heard that Fed-Ex will no longer ship tobacco?  Not just to internet/mail-order customers but from the factories to the suppliers.  It's only a matter of time before UPS and USPS follow suit and then we're really fucked.
Doubt that USPS will turn down any business.  Guess we should stock up in any case!
Reason is, the state governments are suing them for the tobacco taxes they're not collecting (mostly on cigarettes).  So Fed-Ex caved right away.  I understand there are similar suits against UPS and USPS.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
I have not heard that but why should I be surprised!   Interestingly Fed-Ex/Ground is the only one that will ship ammunition.
Not sure about that one either come 2016.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2015, 09:06:38 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
Reason is, the state governments are suing them for the tobacco taxes they're not collecting (mostly on cigarettes).  So Fed-Ex caved right away.  I understand there are similar suits against UPS and USPS.
Just like Amazon caved on sales taxes.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
I have not heard that but why should I be surprised!   Interestingly Fed-Ex/Ground is the only one that will ship ammunition.
I will be surprised if it is even legal to sell it online much longer.  Fuk'n Commies!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »

Think I will mow the yard, mower is quieter than the warden plus I can piss the neighbors off mowing early on Sunday.  Why wait for Tuesday, Two-For-One Sunday!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
Maybe what I had heard was wrong.  I found this on the Fed-Ex website after some extensive digging:

Tobacco products will be accepted only when shipped from a licensed dealer or distributor
to another licensed dealer or distributor. The shipper is solely responsible for compliance
with any applicable regulations, which may vary from state to state.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 09:33:45 AM »

Think I will mow the yard, mower is quieter than the warden plus I can piss the neighbors off mowing early on Sunday.  Why wait for Tuesday, Two-For-One Sunday!
Hmmm, I ought to head out to see if I can find a new spark plug for my mower.  Wish me luck.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
Obama's fault.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2015, 10:23:44 AM »

Perfect timing I am done with the yard and warden was heading out to walk the dogs, 30 more minutes of sanity recovery time.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
Obama's fault.
👍🔫

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »

Morning Chip and Dave!
Morning Travellin Dave.  Is it this week you are going to SC/GA for Family Time?
Actually got out of the hospital beginning of Sept.  Hannah unfortunately checked back in this week as she doesn't seem particularly interested in eating.  Hopefully home soon.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »

Morning Chip and Dave!
Actually got out of the hospital beginning of Sept.  Hannah unfortunately checked back in this week as she doesn't seem particularly interested in eating.  Hopefully home soon.
Glad to hear they got out, Jeez time flies when you get old seems like just yesterday they were born.  Sorry for the return visit by Hannah but hopefully she will get better fast!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8