CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Never Forget. 9/11/2015  (Read 30252 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2015
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »

@ Tony. You got that cigar lit yet?
I do.  San Lotano ran out of cigars at CF so I was given a bunch of these Immortals instead.  Not bad at all.

Glad you got away from work to get a smoke in!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »

One morning on my way to work stopped to grab something for breakfast and there was a TV on the counter showing a plane plowing into a tower of the WTC. To make a long story short, I had stayed in the Hilton Millennium on two different occasions across the street from the Towers. Had dinner at a Chinese restaurant in the basement of Tower Two. Room had a view of the towers looking out over the river both stays. So I knew what I was looking at and here it was. Got to work and we had wheeled in a TV to follow the news and saw the second plane plow into the other Tower. Followed the news for the rest of the day not believing what we were seeing. A year later August 2002, son Tim had graduated college and had volunteered for the Army as a grunt. By January 2003 he was in Kuwait. By March he was part of the invasion of Iraq. He subsequently did two more tours in Iraq and two in Afganistan. It all started with that first plane for me, for Tim and for all the rest of us.
Many thanks to Tim and all the others like him!  Isn't Tim the one that lives around here?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »

One morning on my way to work stopped to grab something for breakfast and there was a TV on the counter showing a plane plowing into a tower of the WTC. To make a long story short, I had stayed in the Hilton Millennium on two different occasions across the street from the Towers. Had dinner at a Chinese restaurant in the basement of Tower Two. Room had a view of the towers looking out over the river both stays. So I knew what I was looking at and here it was. Got to work and we had wheeled in a TV to follow the news and saw the second plane plow into the other Tower. Followed the news for the rest of the day not believing what we were seeing. A year later August 2002, son Tim had graduated college and had volunteered for the Army as a grunt. By January 2003 he was in Kuwait. By March he was part of the invasion of Iraq. He subsequently did two more tours in Iraq and two in Afganistan. It all started with that first plane for me, for Tim and for all the rest of us.
Thanks for sharing, brother.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »

@ Tony. You got that cigar lit yet?
I do.  San Lotano ran out of cigars at CF so I was given a bunch of these Immortals instead.  Not bad at all.

Glad you got away from work to get a smoke in!
I went back and edited my previous post.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »

I believe it is fixing to rain here!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »

I believe it is fixing to rain here!
Gorgeous here.  Sunny and RealFeel®: 79° with 48% humidity.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2015, 05:32:02 PM »

Many thanks to Tim and all the others like him!  Isn't Tim the one that lives around here?
He is currently stationed at Ft. Hood living in Killeen between Whacko and Austin.  I think 9/11 was the deciding factor for Tim to join up.  Third generation to serve.  First to make it a career.  Pinned my Dad's second Lieutenant bars on him when he was commissioned just as my Mom had pinned the same bars on me and for the first time on Pop.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »

He is currently stationed at Ft. Hood living in Killeen between Whacko and Austin.  I think 9/11 was the deciding factor for Tim to join up.  Third generation to serve.  First to make it a career.  Pinned my Dad's second Lieutenant bars on him when he was commissioned just as my Mom had pinned the same bars on me and for the first time on Pop.
Very cool.  May Tim never have to put himself in harm's way again.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »

Amen!  He feels the same way but will do his duty.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »

Ok, I waited 15 minutes... You said, "dooty"!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »

Ok, I waited 15 minutes... You said, "dooty"!
You're restraint is duly noted.  Oh, and TNWHS.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2015, 06:16:55 PM »

Diesel Uncut lit with a Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Had about 10 drops of rain.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »

Did they evaporate before they hit the ground?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »

At least you don't have to water the cactus for another month.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »

Did they evaporate before they hit the ground?
The only reason I even knew it was raining was thee big drops were hitting the swimming pool.  Lot of thunder now so maybe we will get some real rain.  We had 3/4" over the last couple of days.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19