CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: 8/17/2015  (Read 27974 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/17/2015
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:48 PM »

@TexasDave, currently La Bomba Warhead II bid at Famous Auction $31, about 2 hours left

If no one else here is interested, I may take a chance.

...Good afternoon, everybody
Afternoon BS, I am interested but not going to pursue as I am on a self administered buying moratorium trying to reduce the humidor overflow.

Okay. I think I'll wait and see if it jumps. I'd like to keep it under $40

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »

Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad to go for me at the desk today.
Sounds pretty good Tony    ;D
Hey Now, Don't insult Tony while he is not here to defend himself. :)
HAHAHA!  Salads always sound the best on Mondays while I"m detoxing from all the shit I ate over the weekend.
I am recovering from a 10 day intox.

Looked like a great time. Gotta wait for Labor day week, myself. 3 weeks... grrrrr

sfish

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2015, 01:14:53 PM »

@TexasDave, currently La Bomba Warhead II bid at Famous Auction $31, about 2 hours left

Afternoon BS, I am interested but not going to pursue as I am on a self administered buying moratorium trying to reduce the humidor overflow.

Okay. I think I'll wait and see if it jumps. I'd like to keep it under $40
40 min, holding

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

HAHAHA!  Salads always sound the best on Mondays while I"m detoxing from all the shit I ate over the weekend.

Looked like a great time. Gotta wait for Labor day week, myself. 3 weeks... grrrrr
We did have a great time, leave out the air travel both ways and it was  our favorite place ever even though it is definitely not the place for everyone.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »

40 min, holding

Ya'll pick out the drinks yet, Scott?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »

Good afternoon BS and Dad!
Shaun, how ya doing...?
Doin pretty good for a Monday, you?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »

We did have a great time, leave out the air travel both ways and it was  our favorite place ever even though it is definitely not the place for everyone.

Was that an all-inclusive deal?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »

Good afternoon BS and Dad!

Hey there, Shaun. You ate a bunch of shit over the weekend?  ;) ;D
You eat pieces of shit for breakfast? (classic!)

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • White stars are the best
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »

Might be old, but...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »

Might be old, but...

Ha!

I'll take this blow up doll... easy Shaun... down, boy!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2015, 01:31:50 PM »

Grilled Chicken Cesar Salad to go for me at the desk today.

Was that an all-inclusive deal?
Everything but the fishing guide and alcohol was included.   The drink bill was significant when we left!  Thankfully though the warden told me after I checked out it would have cost a lot more but she saved me some money buying a bottle of wine everyday rather than just ordering by the glass..........PTL for the little things!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »

I'm sure I mention about 6 months ago that my wife's 20 year old car needed about $1,500 worth of radiator, hoses, and transmission fluid leaking into the radiator.  Well, about two weeks ago, the car will no longer hold oil.  It's coming out the oil pan, and heads, and needs another $1,500 worth of engine work.  Now I have to take her to work at 10:00 pm and pick her up at 6:00 am....  Ugh..!
Yes, you told us and we told you not to waste your money and get a new car...

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2015, 01:38:29 PM »

I'm sure I mention about 6 months ago that my wife's 20 year old car needed about $1,500 worth of radiator, hoses, and transmission fluid leaking into the radiator.  Well, about two weeks ago, the car will no longer hold oil.  It's coming out the oil pan, and heads, and needs another $1,500 worth of engine work.  Now I have to take her to work at 10:00 pm and pick her up at 6:00 am....  Ugh..!
Get her a bicycle :)  Meanwhile sounds like you better get a bucket for that car.
My wife said she wants a Toyota.  I check on the internet and there's allot of special deals with a $1,000 rebate making the price from $16,000 to $23,000.  I figured we could find some thing in the $17,000 - $19,000 range.  So we went to our local friendly home town Toyota dealer on Friday.
We made a deal on a Corolla for $20,000 with our sales man.  The Sales manager, who kept butting in and turning the deal into a high pressure sale, brought the contract over.  They write the deals at tables on the showroom, so your sitting in the middle of all the other salesmen and customers.  The Sales Manager brings the contract over, and points to the line I have to sign on, but his arm is over the figures so you can't see the deal.  I said, "let me take a look at this."  He wrote the deal at $21,000 instead of the $20,000 that was agreed upon.  When I asked him about it, he started raising his voice as he's explaining it. Basically, he wouldn't include the advertised $1,000 rebate.  I said, "that's not how you explained it 10 minutes ago.."  He said, "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR...?"  I said, "No, I'm saying, YOU did not explain the EXTRA $1,000 increase...!"  My wife asked me, "what's going on..?"  I said, "this guy is pulling some thing on us, and it's going to cost us another $1,000.  I'm saying, "your not getting your new car..!"  My wife starts crying and everyone is looking at us.  The Sales Manager says, "It's only $1,000."  I said, "Well, your right, it's only money.  Let's see how you like some one taking money away from you...?  My offer now is $19,500 cash...  It's only money, except now it's yours..!  The Sales Manager looked at us as if he wanted to kill us...  He started pacing around the show room, coming up to our table and pacing again.  My wife is crying.  It was very traumatic and embarrassing.  I thought I might have to fight this guy, I'm serious.  He was basically trying to screw us out of the $1,000 rebate.  He was more concerned on taking that rebate away from us than selling the car.  But I don't know what advantage he would get from removing the rebate...?  Finally he came over to our table and said, "It's time for you two to leave..!"  And, threw us out.  I walked over to our salesman and said, "We had a deal, it was all table, what just happened..?"  The salesman is looking at me like, "my boss just took my sale away from me."  We went home and I checked Truecar and the Truecar deal for that car was $19,675.  My offer was only $175 off, and yet they threw us out... ugh..!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »

I thought you took care of that over the last week....

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2015, 01:42:36 PM »

Get her a bicycle :)  Meanwhile sounds like you better get a bucket for that car.
My wife said she wants a Toyota.  I check on the internet and there's allot of special deals with a $1,000 rebate making the price from $16,000 to $23,000.  I figured we could find some thing in the $17,000 - $19,000 range.  So we went to our local friendly home town Toyota dealer on Friday.
We made a deal on a Corolla for $20,000 with our sales man.  The Sales manager, who kept butting in and turning the deal into a high pressure sale, brought the contract over.  They write the deals at tables on the showroom, so your sitting in the middle of all the other salesmen and customers.  The Sales Manager brings the contract over, and points to the line I have to sign on, but his arm is over the figures so you can't see the deal.  I said, "let me take a look at this."  He wrote the deal at $21,000 instead of the $20,000 that was agreed upon.  When I asked him about it, he started raising his voice as he's explaining it. Basically, he wouldn't include the advertised $1,000 rebate.  I said, "that's not how you explained it 10 minutes ago.."  He said, "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR...?"  I said, "No, I'm saying, YOU did not explain the EXTRA $1,000 increase...!"  My wife asked me, "what's going on..?"  I said, "this guy is pulling some thing on us, and it's going to cost us another $1,000.  I'm saying, "your not getting your new car..!"  My wife starts crying and everyone is looking at us.  The Sales Manager says, "It's only $1,000."  I said, "Well, your right, it's only money.  Let's see how you like some one taking money away from you...?  My offer now is $19,500 cash...  It's only money, except now it's yours..!  The Sales Manager looked at us as if he wanted to kill us...  He started pacing around the show room, coming up to our table and pacing again.  My wife is crying.  It was very traumatic and embarrassing.  I thought I might have to fight this guy, I'm serious.  He was basically trying to screw us out of the $1,000 rebate.  He was more concerned on taking that rebate away from us than selling the car.  But I don't know what advantage he would get from removing the rebate...?  Finally he came over to our table and said, "It's time for you two to leave..!"  And, threw us out.  I walked over to our salesman and said, "We had a deal, it was all table, what just happened..?"  The salesman is looking at me like, "my boss just took my sale away from me."  We went home and I checked Truecar and the Truecar deal for that car was $19,675.  My offer was only $175 off, and yet they threw us out... ugh..!
Well you should have said loud enough for everyone in the showroom to hear yes I am calling you a fuk'n liar and walked out the door.   The advantage was the rebate would effectively go to the dealership,
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19