CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: 7/27/2015  (Read 26515 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 7/27/2015
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.
You can only influence/control/help so much.  Ultimately up to them.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:49 PM »

Yup. That's what I keep telling myself.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

Unfortunately, rarely makes you feel any better.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »

Doesn't make it any easier.  Pour another.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »

Tat Black and a Shiner Bock for the evening.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »

Good evening gents..

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »

I just finished a Rocky Patel Sun Grown Toro, which was very good.  Now for a little whiskey and water...

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2015, 10:15:40 PM »

My wife is on vacation this week, and so far we haven't had one fight...!  She's been getting Saturdays and Sundays off, so she was ready for a nice long week off (July 23rd thru Aug 1st.)  She hasn't had a vacation for about a year, so here's how it's going.  She got off last Thursday morning, so she slept all day Thurs till Friday morning.  Yeah...!!!!  But one of her coworkers called in sick Saturday, so she had to sleep all day Saturday.  She went in Saturday night only to find out that the other person she was to work with, also called in sick, so she had to work all by herself.  She got off Sunday morning, slept all day Sunday, and Sunday night, so now it's Monday, and she can start enjoying her vacation.  But just for the hell of it, her supervisor decided to not give her, her regular days of Saturday and Sunday off, and changed it to next Thursday and Friday.  So basically she's waited for right at a year to get Monday - Friday off as a vacation.  Can you believe that...?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »

My wife is on vacation this week, and so far we haven't had one fight...!  She's been getting Saturdays and Sundays off, so she was ready for a nice long week off (July 23rd thru Aug 1st.)  She hasn't had a vacation for about a year, so here's how it's going.  She got off last Thursday morning, so she slept all day Thurs till Friday morning.  Yeah...!!!!  But one of her coworkers called in sick Saturday, so she had to sleep all day Saturday.  She went in Saturday night only to find out that the other person she was to work with, also called in sick, so she had to work all by herself.  She got off Sunday morning, slept all day Sunday, and Sunday night, so now it's Monday, and she can start enjoying her vacation.  But just for the hell of it, her supervisor decided to not give her, her regular days of Saturday and Sunday off, and changed it to next Thursday and Friday.  So basically she's waited for right at a year to get Monday - Friday off as a vacation.  Can you believe that...?
Yes.  Bosses suck.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »

Evening BD

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »

Yes.  Bosses suck.
No argument here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

I enjoy those Shiner Bocks and those Tat Blacks.  Hope it isn't too hot there for you.  Was watching a piece of the Yankees' game earlier and they were talking triple digits.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:19 PM »

Good evening gents..
Evening BD.  Quite night on the ol' interweb.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18