Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.

« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.
You can only influence/control/help so much.  Ultimately up to them.

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:49 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.
You can only influence/control/help so much.  Ultimately up to them.
Yup. That's what I keep telling myself.

« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.
You can only influence/control/help so much.  Ultimately up to them.
Yup. That's what I keep telling myself.
Unfortunately, rarely makes you feel any better.

« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »

Got home early, drinking whiskey on the rocks while waiting for dinner. Empty stomach, so it's going right to my head. Not enough time for a cigar, but the booze is taking my mind off the fact that my youngest brother is flushing his life down a toilet.
You can only influence/control/help so much.  Ultimately up to them.
Yup. That's what I keep telling myself.
Doesn't make it any easier.  Pour another.

« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »

Tat Black and a Shiner Bock for the evening.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/27/2015
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »

Good evening gents..
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/27/2015
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »

I just finished a Rocky Patel Sun Grown Toro, which was very good.  Now for a little whiskey and water...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/27/2015
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2015, 10:15:40 PM »

My wife is on vacation this week, and so far we haven't had one fight...!  She's been getting Saturdays and Sundays off, so she was ready for a nice long week off (July 23rd thru Aug 1st.)  She hasn't had a vacation for about a year, so here's how it's going.  She got off last Thursday morning, so she slept all day Thurs till Friday morning.  Yeah...!!!!  But one of her coworkers called in sick Saturday, so she had to sleep all day Saturday.  She went in Saturday night only to find out that the other person she was to work with, also called in sick, so she had to work all by herself.  She got off Sunday morning, slept all day Sunday, and Sunday night, so now it's Monday, and she can start enjoying her vacation.  But just for the hell of it, her supervisor decided to not give her, her regular days of Saturday and Sunday off, and changed it to next Thursday and Friday.  So basically she's waited for right at a year to get Monday - Friday off as a vacation.  Can you believe that...?

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »

[...]
Yes.  Bosses suck.

« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »

Evening BD

« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »

[...]
No argument here.

« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

I enjoy those Shiner Bocks and those Tat Blacks.  Hope it isn't too hot there for you.  Was watching a piece of the Yankees' game earlier and they were talking triple digits.

« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:19 PM »

Good evening gents..
Evening BD.  Quite night on the ol' interweb.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/27/2015
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18