Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »

Son and DIL gave me a Yeti 30 oz stainless thermal cup for Fathers Day and it kept my coffee piping hot for 2 hours this morning, nice!  Will save me $2.25 for a Starbucks around 7:30 most mornings.
Plus you can stop giving your money to the commies.  Sounds like the perfect FD gift.

« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »

This L'At has become meh, moving on to a Little Devil.

« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »

It's 5 o'clock here!
I need no more convincing, later gents.

« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2015, 05:22:53 PM »

This L'At has become meh, moving on to a Little Devil.
Sounds like a very good save move.

« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »

« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »

It's a jaw breaker.  Even with the bit of taper on the end.  The draw is a bit tough too.  With that said, it's got that classic corojo flavor.  I happen to like that.  I'm afraid of it going out though so I'm puffing a little too aggressively, making the flavors a little harsh.

« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »

Bean, you ever smoked a Little Devil and MOWPA side by side for comparison.
Need to do that as memory paints a very similar profile for me.

« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2015, 05:25:12 PM »

It's a jaw breaker.  Even with the bit of taper on the end.  The draw is a bit tough too.  With that said, it's got that classic corojo flavor.  I happen to like that.  I'm afraid of it going out though so I'm puffing a little too aggressively, making the flavors a little harsh.

Take a bit more off the end.  Should open up for you.

« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »

It's a jaw breaker.  Even with the bit of taper on the end.  The draw is a bit tough too.  With that said, it's got that classic corojo flavor.  I happen to like that.  I'm afraid of it going out though so I'm puffing a little too aggressively, making the flavors a little harsh.

Take a bit more off the end.  Should open up for you.
That's probably where I went wrong.  Its opening up now.  I also have to admit that the CI tasting notes seem to be spot on.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/12075/savinelli-special-selection-05/#p-106159

« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

The pretty ladies out here are making this cigar taste even better.

« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »

The pretty ladies out here are making this cigar taste even better.
That makes perfectly good sense.

« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »

It's a jaw breaker.  Even with the bit of taper on the end.  The draw is a bit tough too.  With that said, it's got that classic corojo flavor.  I happen to like that.  I'm afraid of it going out though so I'm puffing a little too aggressively, making the flavors a little harsh.

Take a bit more off the end.  Should open up for you.
Rookies.  Sheesh.

« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »

Bean, you ever smoked a Little Devil and MOWPA side by side for comparison.
Need to do that as memory paints a very similar profile for me.
I have not.  Been awhile since I've had any of the MoWPA's in stock, but as memory serves, similar.  Do love the LD's though, so given the choice between the two, will stick with them.

« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »

It's a jaw breaker.  Even with the bit of taper on the end.  The draw is a bit tough too.  With that said, it's got that classic corojo flavor.  I happen to like that.  I'm afraid of it going out though so I'm puffing a little too aggressively, making the flavors a little harsh.

Take a bit more off the end.  Should open up for you.
That's probably where I went wrong.  Its opening up now.  I also have to admit that the CI tasting notes seem to be spot on.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/12075/savinelli-special-selection-05/#p-106159
That is a big-boy.  Sounds like it smokes above it's price point based on the CI "out of stock" price. And who doesn't love a "long lip-smacking finish".

« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »

It's a jaw breaker.  Even with the bit of taper on the end.  The draw is a bit tough too.  With that said, it's got that classic corojo flavor.  I happen to like that.  I'm afraid of it going out though so I'm puffing a little too aggressively, making the flavors a little harsh.

Take a bit more off the end.  Should open up for you.
That's probably where I went wrong.  Its opening up now.  I also have to admit that the CI tasting notes seem to be spot on.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/12075/savinelli-special-selection-05/#p-106159
That is a big-boy.  Sounds like it smokes above it's price point based on the CI "out of stock" price. And who doesn't love a "long lip-smacking finish".
I would definitely smoke it again.  You are right about the price point making it more attractive.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18