« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »

Morning Raz and JWacky.

Hey there, Dave.  Hopefully you're close by this week, and not driving down from Irvine?
Yup, driving down from Irvine.  Figure I'll leave about 3 and catch dinner at Karl Strauss.  I'll probably get there a bit before you, give Yellowstar my number in case he will get there before 7.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
What was that gloomy damp shit this morning? had to move locations for my morning smoke.

Ah, the "May gray".  Feels good when running in the mornings, but May and June tend to be some of the "worst" weather months out here.  That's entirely relative to the weather we have the rest of the year, of course.  Just takes a little longer for the clouds to burn off and the sun to shine through.  Already getting brighter in the east part of the county.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »

Morning Raz and JWacky.

Hey there, Dave.  Hopefully you're close by this week, and not driving down from Irvine?
Yup, driving down from Irvine.  Figure I'll leave about 3 and catch dinner at Karl Strauss.  I'll probably get there a bit before you, give Yellowstar my number in case he will get there before 7.

Geez, that's commitment.  I'll pass it along to him.  I'll see what I can do about getting there a bit earlier.

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2015, 11:50:31 AM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
What was that gloomy damp shit this morning? had to move locations for my morning smoke.

Ah, the "May gray".  Feels good when running in the mornings, but May and June tend to be some of the "worst" weather months out here.  That's entirely relative to the weather we have the rest of the year, of course.  Just takes a little longer for the clouds to burn off and the sun to shine through.  Already getting brighter in the east part of the county.
I'm familiar with the June gloom, but first time hearing May gray.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
What was that gloomy damp shit this morning? had to move locations for my morning smoke.

Ah, the "May gray".  Feels good when running in the mornings, but May and June tend to be some of the "worst" weather months out here.  That's entirely relative to the weather we have the rest of the year, of course.  Just takes a little longer for the clouds to burn off and the sun to shine through.  Already getting brighter in the east part of the county.
I'm familiar with the June gloom, but first time hearing May gray.

http://meteora.ucsd.edu/cap/gloom.html

« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2015, 11:57:24 AM »

I was ordering a birthday gift for my wife and I came across the following image.  WTF?  I had to do a double-take.   ;D

Am I missing something?

« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!
Happy Tuesday there CG.  How is vacation ( wait a minute don't you have to have a job to be on vacation???)

« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »

I was ordering a birthday gift for my wife and I came across the following image.  WTF?  I had to do a double-take.   ;D

Am I missing something?
At quick glace, I thought her elbow was a tit.

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!
If you're on vacation in Southern California, it is.
BAM!  Mornin Tony!

« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
Been awesome so far - got some great sun on a bike tour yesterday.  Walking some Torrey Pines trails today and then excited to meet up with you guys tonight!

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
What was that gloomy damp shit this morning? had to move locations for my morning smoke.

Ah, the "May gray".  Feels good when running in the mornings, but May and June tend to be some of the "worst" weather months out here.  That's entirely relative to the weather we have the rest of the year, of course.  Just takes a little longer for the clouds to burn off and the sun to shine through.  Already getting brighter in the east part of the county.
It's decent out here in no-man's-land, but probably still some good cover by the coast.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
Been awesome so far - got some great sun on a bike tour yesterday.  Walking some Torrey Pines trails today and then excited to meet up with you guys tonight!

Sounds good.  Manage to find yourself any good beers yet?

I was gonna tell you tonight but may as well now - one of the things we did for the first time this weekend was visit the tide pools in Pt. Loma, at the Cabrillo National Monument.  Pretty crazy views of the city on the way out (and if you visited the lighthouse itself, I'm sure), but it was also pretty fun to walk down in to the tidepools.  Highly recommended, we all had a great time.  If you do go, expect to get a little wet, sometimes you really have no choice but to walk in water depending how much exploring you want to do.  Change of shoes at minimum, for sure.  Just in case you're looking for more to do...

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!
Happy Tuesday there CG.  How is vacation ( wait a minute don't you have to have a job to be on vacation???)
GFY! It's good, 0 complaints so far!  Got in an MF LB PR late last night, was too tired to smoke any more than that - damn bike tour wore my ass out, literally.

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »

I was ordering a birthday gift for my wife and I came across the following image.  WTF?  I had to do a double-take.   ;D

Am I missing something?
At quick glace, I thought her elbow was a tit.
Haha, gotcha. I can kinda see that.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »

Torrey Pines is beautiful, too.  Nice that you can do this during the week when the crowds aren't as bad.  Wonder if they'll let you walk the golf course, too?