CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: 5/12/2015  (Read 26718 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 5/12/2015
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »

Morning Raz and JWacky.

Hey there, Dave.  Hopefully you're close by this week, and not driving down from Irvine?
Yup, driving down from Irvine.  Figure I'll leave about 3 and catch dinner at Karl Strauss.  I'll probably get there a bit before you, give Yellowstar my number in case he will get there before 7.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
What was that gloomy damp shit this morning? had to move locations for my morning smoke.

Ah, the "May gray".  Feels good when running in the mornings, but May and June tend to be some of the "worst" weather months out here.  That's entirely relative to the weather we have the rest of the year, of course.  Just takes a little longer for the clouds to burn off and the sun to shine through.  Already getting brighter in the east part of the county.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »

Morning Raz and JWacky.

Hey there, Dave.  Hopefully you're close by this week, and not driving down from Irvine?
Yup, driving down from Irvine.  Figure I'll leave about 3 and catch dinner at Karl Strauss.  I'll probably get there a bit before you, give Yellowstar my number in case he will get there before 7.

Geez, that's commitment.  I'll pass it along to him.  I'll see what I can do about getting there a bit earlier. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2015, 11:50:31 AM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Morning, Shaun.  Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out here so far.  Weather should hold up for the rest of the week but I think rain is in the forecast on Friday... but probably not as much as you're used to seeing back home.
What was that gloomy damp shit this morning? had to move locations for my morning smoke.

Ah, the "May gray".  Feels good when running in the mornings, but May and June tend to be some of the "worst" weather months out here.  That's entirely relative to the weather we have the rest of the year, of course.  Just takes a little longer for the clouds to burn off and the sun to shine through.  Already getting brighter in the east part of the county.
I'm familiar with the June gloom, but first time hearing May gray.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

I'm familiar with the June gloom, but first time hearing May gray.

http://meteora.ucsd.edu/cap/gloom.html

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2015, 11:57:24 AM »

I was ordering a birthday gift for my wife and I came across the following image.  WTF?  I had to do a double-take.   ;D

Am I missing something?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!
Happy Tuesday there CG.  How is vacation ( wait a minute don't you have to have a job to be on vacation???)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »

I was ordering a birthday gift for my wife and I came across the following image.  WTF?  I had to do a double-take.   ;D

Am I missing something?
At quick glace, I thought her elbow was a tit.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!
If you're on vacation in Southern California, it is.
BAM!  Mornin Tony!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Been awesome so far - got some great sun on a bike tour yesterday.  Walking some Torrey Pines trails today and then excited to meet up with you guys tonight!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

It's decent out here in no-man's-land, but probably still some good cover by the coast. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!

Been awesome so far - got some great sun on a bike tour yesterday.  Walking some Torrey Pines trails today and then excited to meet up with you guys tonight!

Sounds good.  Manage to find yourself any good beers yet?

I was gonna tell you tonight but may as well now - one of the things we did for the first time this weekend was visit the tide pools in Pt. Loma, at the Cabrillo National Monument.  Pretty crazy views of the city on the way out (and if you visited the lighthouse itself, I'm sure), but it was also pretty fun to walk down in to the tidepools.  Highly recommended, we all had a great time.  If you do go, expect to get a little wet, sometimes you really have no choice but to walk in water depending how much exploring you want to do.  Change of shoes at minimum, for sure.  Just in case you're looking for more to do...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »

Happy Tuesday gents!
Happy Tuesday there CG.  How is vacation ( wait a minute don't you have to have a job to be on vacation???)
GFY! It's good, 0 complaints so far!  Got in an MF LB PR late last night, was too tired to smoke any more than that - damn bike tour wore my ass out, literally.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »

Am I missing something?
At quick glace, I thought her elbow was a tit.
Haha, gotcha. I can kinda see that.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »

Torrey Pines is beautiful, too.  Nice that you can do this during the week when the crowds aren't as bad.  Wonder if they'll let you walk the golf course, too?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14