« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »

Morning, all.  Happy Tuesday.
Morning Joe, thanks for sending the Marshmallow Stout, very tasty stuff. Will probably get to the Imperial Stout this weekend
And he has the shipping containers for a return visit.  I ain't doing no more muleing!
Priss!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »

Morning, all.  Happy Tuesday.
Good morning Joe

Morning, Shaun.

OK, for next week... I would prefer Monday if it all possible.  I have class Tuesday night but can make it up the next day.  Not ideal but doable.  Willing to do it if Tuesday works better for all other parties.

« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2015, 11:46:34 AM »

Morning, all.  Happy Tuesday.
Morning Joe, thanks for sending the Marshmallow Stout, very tasty stuff. Will probably get to the Imperial Stout this weekend

No problem, glad you liked it.  Certainly an interesting beer.  I think you'll enjoy the Imperial Stout based on other stuff you like.  Toes the line of "too sweet" but doesn't quite get there.
Yeah I'm looking forward to trying it, back to not being able to get VaS out here now but hopefully will restock

It's definitely more widely available here in the winters.  They said that with their newest brewery opening late last year, they'd keep the more limited/seasonal stuff in regular production, including VaS, so we'll see.  Even here in the summer, a few shops always seem to have it because they just load up.  The lesser shops are out for a while.  I'm hoping it goes back to 2 for $10 at my favorite place.
I don't find myself shying away from it with the warmer weather like I thought I might, still would drink it all the time
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »

[...]

I definitely do.  And I do most of my smoking and drinking at night, anyway, when it's cooler.  Never really bought in to the whole matching beers with seasons thing.  Drink what you want, when you want.

« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »

Morning, all.  Happy Tuesday.
Speaking of coronas, morning Joe.  ;D

Morning, Bueso Dave.  Guess how excited I am to try the new Bueso, despite your "box worthy" proclamations?
I'm guessing you've got about half a pack of Tums in your pants that shows how excited you are?

« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »

17 601 La Bomba Napalm Robusto (5.0 x 52)
          10/34.99
16 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Robusto (5.0 x 54)
            5/19.99
15 CAO Dream Team Sampler
          10/29.00
14 Graycliff "G2" Maduro Torpedo (6.0 x 52)
           5/19.50
13 Rocky Patel Connecticut Toro (6.0 x 52)
          10/29.50
12 Joya de Nicaragua Joya Red Toro (6.0 x 52)
          10/34.99
11 Drew Estates Tabac Especial Limited "Red Eye" Robusto (4.5 x 54)
           5/24.50
10 Oliva Saison Torpedo (6.0 x 52)
          10/34.99
 9 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro (6.0"x52)
          5/19.50
 8 H. Upmann Media Noche Robusto (5.0"x54)
         10/37.50
 7 La Aroma de Cuba Robusto (5.0"x54)
          5/24.00
 6 The cigar that shall not be named in recaps.
        10/39.99
 5 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure (6.0"x54)
          5/24.50
 4 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 1959
         10/32.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio
          5/29.99
 2 Man O' War Ruination
         10/34.99
 1 Tatuaje Tattoo
          5/19.99

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »

[...]

True, but lighter, fruitier beers taste better in hot weather.  Fuller beers do taste better in the cooler temps.  I also enjoy, gimlets, margaritas, daiquiri's , gin and tonics and such in the summer, heartier whiskeys in the winter.

« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2015, 12:06:31 PM »

Lunchtime!

« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »

[...]

I agree, on every point.

« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »

[...]

Mostly +1
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »

[...]

Not much I'd turn away in any season.  I tend toward colder drinks in warmer months and room temperature drinks in colder months.  Beers in the summer, whiskey in the winter.  Except when I feel like mixing it up.

« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »

[...]

Indeed.  And while I agree with Dave, I wouldn't necessarily say that something "tastes" better under some conditions over others.  To me, it's not that the taste changes, but that a certain thing can seem more appealing.  I drink margaritas or Negra Modelo when the warden and I make Mexican foods, regardless of season.  But a margarita is exponentially more appealing to me on a hot, muggy day than when there's snow on the ground.  When there's snow on the ground, I'm more likely to have a Negra Modelo.  Mint Juleps appeal more in spring, G&T's in summer.  Daiquiris in the afternoon, martinis after dark. Light-to-medium cigars in the morning, heavy cigars in the afternoon and evening.  Just all "seems" right, likely for no rational reason.

« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »

Morning fellas. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Just a few short days ago I found out about this place. I promised I would stop by and say hello. Unfortunately, meetings, travel, and the (new) normal day-to-day responsibilities have kept me from posting, let alone working on JC. It is out of my hands, as I had to pass it off, along with many other things. But, I am still around and doing more than ever. I hope everybody is doing well, and it was great seeing a bunch of you at CIGARfest last week. Always a pleasure, and always something I look forward to.
Welcome Steve, enjoy the insanity that is Cigar banter.  Now where is the link to buy
those cigarbanter hoodies I've heard so much about.....

« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »

Can someone help Joe out, he's obviously busy trying to find a great deal on the new Buesos.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2015, 12:49:13 PM »

Can someone help Joe out, he's obviously busy trying to find a great deal on the new Buesos.

Enter coupon code GFYBUESO to have them delivered straight to the garbage can.