« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »

Truth is, everything I've done in the construction industry for the last 27 years applies at this job. I couldn't have landed in a more perfectly suited situation
All kidding aside, that's awesome.  I hope I find something like that because I'm gonna take a bullet if I have to continue doing this shit for the next 22 years.

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »

Damn, wish I lived closer!  Sounds like a good time!
We've been threatening to do a Delaware herf for a long time now.  It would be great to get the NJ and NoVa/MD contingent all together.  Maybe in June.
That'd be great, I also agree with the obvious neglect of the Ohio and ND crew
That'll be another herf.  Where's the middle ground?  Chicago?  We could probably do that in 15 hours.

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »

Good morning Tony and Scott.
Sorry Chip, early meeting.  SIL stopping by today?
I wish she was but it looks like just outside work for me today.
Will you sneak in a smoke?
Just finished up a diesel uncut from earlier this morning, first real cigar in a long time now and I thought it was pretty good.
Nice!  Love the Uncuts.  Good morning LSU,  good morning all!
Hello Sam.  I actually grabbed a couple to share with the guys at the herf this evening.  I'm pretty sure Flip hasn't had one yet.  Not sure about Mark.
no Flip has not.  Bad news, Made up my herf goodie bags, Good news: Only one Gurkha out of 5 cigars a Status maduro torp. got an Oliva V, LHC Core toro, a SAMCRO, and a CAO Robusto.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »

Tiger DQ'd from the Masters!
Go home, you're drunk!
okay.
the par 3 compitition. should have been paying more attention.
Stop trying to bang married chicks and pay attention!!
no!
You're a grown man, Deano.  Do what or whomever you like.
I am.
thanks Tony.

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »

Truth is, everything I've done in the construction industry for the last 27 years applies at this job. I couldn't have landed in a more perfectly suited situation
All kidding aside, that's awesome.  I hope I find something like that because I'm gonna take a bullet if I have to continue doing this shit for the next 22 years.
The job I had prior to this one was a nightmare, it was literally impossible to keep pace there. I was a PM for laboratory installations and ran 25-30 projects at a time, I had trouble sleeping at night. Spoke up about an internal transfer and was let go 3 weeks later by the new operations guy, best thing that ever happened

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »

Good morning Tony and Scott.
Sorry Chip, early meeting.  SIL stopping by today?
I wish she was but it looks like just outside work for me today.
Will you sneak in a smoke?
Just finished up a diesel uncut from earlier this morning, first real cigar in a long time now and I thought it was pretty good.
Nice!  Love the Uncuts.  Good morning LSU,  good morning all!
Hello Sam.  I actually grabbed a couple to share with the guys at the herf this evening.  I'm pretty sure Flip hasn't had one yet.  Not sure about Mark.
no Flip has not.  Bad news, Made up my herf goodie bags, Good news: Only one Gurkha out of 5 cigars a Status maduro torp. got an Oliva V, LHC Core toro, a SAMCRO, and a CAO Robusto.
I didn't make up herf goodie bags at all.  My modus operandi has been to bring one baggie with some cigars in it and then I tell the guys to take what they want.  I usually wind up going back home with all my same cigars.  Then I just throw it in the humidor for the next herf.   ;)
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »

Tiger DQ'd from the Masters!
Go home, you're drunk!
okay.
the par 3 compitition. should have been paying more attention.
Stop trying to bang married chicks and pay attention!!
no!
I admire your honesty, even if it's one of your only redeeming qualities. If it pleases the court, I submit Evidence Exhibit A:

bikerlady problems. she heard I was a womanizing, self-centered, selfish, obsessive, stalking, sexual predator.

She didn't say "liar"!!
but I only do one at a time.

« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »

Tiger DQ'd from the Masters!
Go home, you're drunk!
okay.
the par 3 compitition. should have been paying more attention.
Stop trying to bang married chicks and pay attention!!
no!
You're a grown man, Deano.  Do what or whomever you like.
I am.
thanks Tony.
Don't thank me, I didn't do anything.  Heck, one of us has to be getting laid.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »

heading to the PO, bank, then lunch.
later guys.

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »

Good mornin gents
Good morning, Shaun.  Have you made your ultimate decision?
I haven't yet, I will know by tonight tho.  Just waiting to see if the other company is going to extend an offer or not.
Sounds like you're playing it right.  Just curious, did the last place give you a severance?
Yes sir.  Nice part, Unemp has been enough to live on, so I banked it.  Going to use it to clean up some debt once I get that first paycheck :)
So in essence, they did you a favor.
I also go from working 52hrs/wk to a strict 40, so yeah, big favor :)
You mentioned that strict 40 yesterday too.  I don't understand that.  I've never heard of a company say , "Please go home because you've done enough for us this week".
My wife works for this company too.  If she works an hour late on Tuesday, she gets to come in an hour late one of the next days in the payperiod...  It's weird, but their way of controlling costs.  A lot different than my previous employer where OT 'was' unlimited
There is such a thing as paid OT?  My company controls cost by having me work 80 hours and paying me for 40 instead of hiring another guy.
LOL!  Get switched to non-exempt rookie!
I haven't been non-exempt in 15 years.
last time I got overtime, I was working for Burger King and it was the late 70's!
Also had Professional or managerial titles. Some presales jobs were base & commission.
Current job 35 hour work week. no overtime I get managerial Flex time.  If I work extra
I can take that time off another day, but I must work 5 days that week. can not take a whole day off.
without it being approved 4 grades above my level.

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2015, 09:56:33 AM »

heading to the PO, bank, then lunch.
later guys.
I hope PO is post office and not parole officer.   ;)

« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »

[...]
Yeah, we beg Dave to stop bringing cigars because he's too generous. We beg Tony just to stop  ;D

« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »

heading to the PO, bank, then lunch.
later guys.
I hope PO is post office and not parole officer.   ;)
Knowing him it's probably his Pussy Officer

« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2015, 09:59:27 AM »

Good morning Tony and Scott.
Sorry Chip, early meeting.  SIL stopping by today?
I wish she was but it looks like just outside work for me today.
Will you sneak in a smoke?
Just finished up a diesel uncut from earlier this morning, first real cigar in a long time now and I thought it was pretty good.
Nice!  Love the Uncuts.  Good morning LSU,  good morning all!
Hello Sam.  I actually grabbed a couple to share with the guys at the herf this evening.  I'm pretty sure Flip hasn't had one yet.  Not sure about Mark.
Damn, wish I lived closer!  Sounds like a good time!
We've been threatening to do a Delaware herf for a long time now.  It would be great to get the NJ and NoVa/MD contingent all together.  Maybe in June.
That'd be great, I also agree with the obvious neglect of the Ohio and ND crew
It will be awesome to do to San Diego one - hope we can make that one work.

« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »

Ok, interview time - later gents!