CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 11/19/2023  (Read 951 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 11/19/2023
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2023, 03:50:13 PM »

Steelers and browns. Who's going to win this game? No Watson?
First Stillers offensive possession and we tackled them for 2 safeties that somehow resulted in 0 points. Fuckin' refs, man.
Also, I have very little belief in our offense, especially with the rookie starting. I don't anticipate a high scoring affair.
Run the ball, check downs and good defense. I would like to see the browns pull out a win here
Ditto
I'll wait until the fat lady sings. Already looking like a better second half.
I was following online because I didn't realize they were showing this game in my area. I'm on it now.
This rookie qb can't hit the broad side of a barn. I would be very surprised if he got the start again next week, because in 2 games so far, he hasn't looked good at all.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2023, 03:53:56 PM »

First Stillers offensive possession and we tackled them for 2 safeties that somehow resulted in 0 points. Fuckin' refs, man.
Also, I have very little belief in our offense, especially with the rookie starting. I don't anticipate a high scoring affair.
Run the ball, check downs and good defense. I would like to see the browns pull out a win here
Ditto
I was following online because I didn't realize they were showing this game in my area. I'm on it now.
This rookie qb can't hit the broad side of a barn. I would be very surprised if he got the start again next week, because in 2 games so far, he hasn't looked good at all.
You wouldn't know it from the score. Looks like all defense on both sides.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2023, 03:55:43 PM »

Ditto
It would also help if Njoku didn't have olive oil or whatever on his gloves.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2023, 03:57:39 PM »

Ditto
Yeah, definite butter fingers.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2023, 03:58:49 PM »

Ditto
Stillers D has played a smart game, shutting down the short throws, daring him to throw it deep, which they've so far refused to let him try.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2023, 03:59:11 PM »

Ditto
Yeah, definite butter fingers.
This is not a new issue for him, unfortunately.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2023, 03:59:59 PM »

Ditto
Stillers D has played a smart game, shutting down the short throws, daring him to throw it deep, which they've so far refused to let him try.
That last 14 second drive by the Steelers was pathetic. Not looking good for me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2023, 04:09:41 PM »

Nicely done by the Browns. Kudos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2023, 04:10:01 PM »

Called it. I don't know what the over/under was for the game, but I'm guessing we hit firmly in under territory.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2023, 04:10:32 PM »

It was an ugly win, but I'll take.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2023, 04:12:29 PM »

Bills game up next against the surprising Jets.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2023, 04:16:36 PM »

The Browns played solid defense. The Steelers needed to capitalize on the inexperienced quarterback and they didn't. Not their last drive (they only had 2 seconds) but the one before that is what lost us the game. Three failed pass attempts in 14 seconds and you punt the ball back? Not sure if that was the coaches or Pickett but it was poorly executed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2023, 04:18:59 PM »

The Browns played solid defense. The Steelers needed to capitalize on the inexperienced quarterback and they didn't. Not their last drive (they only had 2 seconds) but the one before that is what lost us the game. Three failed pass attempts in 14 seconds and you punt the ball back? Not sure if that was the coaches or Pickett but it was poorly executed.
Definitely an odd choice, especially how that one back had been running all over us in the second half. I'd have gone to him a couple of times.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2023, 04:26:36 PM »

Good start for the Bills.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2023, 05:45:01 PM »

Good start for the Bills.
The initial kick return was crazy. HOLD ON TO THE BALL! Isn't that the first thing they learn in football?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5