Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2023, 11:33:22 AM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2023, 11:36:27 AM »

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2023, 11:37:14 AM »

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2023, 11:38:12 AM »

Good morning, @razgueado.

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2023, 11:45:11 AM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2023, 11:50:27 AM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.
In AZ, that's downright pleasant. Humidity is no joke.

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2023, 12:05:44 PM »

Wordle 786 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2023, 12:27:02 PM »

Wordle 786 4/6*

🟩⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2023, 12:27:14 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.
In AZ, that's downright pleasant. Humidity is no joke.
Relative humidity is 54%, which is considered mild. But it's enough to make 95° unpleasant. And given how far north we are - people don't realize we're solidly north of Portland, Maine here - there's less atmospheric protection.

I spent about three hours in it yesterday doing two dump runs, and ended up woozy and fatigued - kinda like being on Oxy but without the euphoria.

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2023, 12:59:18 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
Aren't you still working from home....and inside?

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2023, 01:02:39 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.
Just about the same for us today.

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2023, 01:50:13 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.
In AZ, that's downright pleasant. Humidity is no joke.
Relative humidity is 54%, which is considered mild. But it's enough to make 95° unpleasant. And given how far north we are - people don't realize we're solidly north of Portland, Maine here - there's less atmospheric protection.

I spent about three hours in it yesterday doing two dump runs, and ended up woozy and fatigued - kinda like being on Oxy but without the euphoria.
Oxy Without the Euphoria was gonna be the name of my band!

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2023, 01:51:49 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.
In AZ, that's downright pleasant. Humidity is no joke.
Relative humidity is 54%, which is considered mild. But it's enough to make 95° unpleasant. And given how far north we are - people don't realize we're solidly north of Portland, Maine here - there's less atmospheric protection.

I spent about three hours in it yesterday doing two dump runs, and ended up woozy and fatigued - kinda like being on Oxy but without the euphoria.
Oxy Without the Euphoria was gonna be the name of my band!
Your first album could be titled Night Sweats.

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2023, 01:57:42 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
How hot is it getting out there?
It's gonna be 95° today. In Arizona they'd scoff at that, but it's really oppressive here.
In AZ, that's downright pleasant. Humidity is no joke.
Relative humidity is 54%, which is considered mild. But it's enough to make 95° unpleasant. And given how far north we are - people don't realize we're solidly north of Portland, Maine here - there's less atmospheric protection.

I spent about three hours in it yesterday doing two dump runs, and ended up woozy and fatigued - kinda like being on Oxy but without the euphoria.
Oxy Without the Euphoria was gonna be the name of my band!
Your first album could be titled Night Sweats.
I'm giddy about the new career path. Now I just have to learn how to play an instrument, write music, and find a few bands mates.

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2023, 02:00:36 PM »

The heat yesterday about killed me. Gonna be worse today and tomorrow. Brutal.
Aren't you still working from home....and inside?
Yes, but like most homes in this area, I don't have any kind of air conditioning. The lower level of my tri-level home stays fairly cool, and we've done some practical things like covering the skylights in the main level.

What killed me yesterday was the three hours I spent outside in the heat.

But it will still get warm even in the lower level of the house this afternoon. And the problem is that the humidity insulates, so that the temperature won't drop off much after dark. And dark doesn't come until after 9pm.

In Arizona, the hottest part of the day is early afternoon, and it's dark by 7pm. Here, the hottest part of the day is after 3pm, and there are still five hours or more of sunlight after that. So in a heatwave like this, the warmth essentially accumulates until the wave peaks.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6