CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 7/22/2023  (Read 961 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/22/2023
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2023, 11:49:52 AM »

Wordle 763 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Phew! Thought I lost it again.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2023, 11:51:52 AM »

Morning, boyos.
One post by ClevelandDave today. Is he working OT? Is he golfing with his dad? We want to know!
Parrothead 5k this morning, as I previously mentioned.
Final time was 31:29.
That's right around my time. My personal best for a 5K might have been around 29 minutes but it was so long ago that I don't remember exactly.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2023, 11:53:27 AM »

Morning, boyos.
One post by ClevelandDave today. Is he working OT? Is he golfing with his dad? We want to know!
Oh yeah, I forgot. How'd you do?
I should have waited 11 seconds for my answer.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2023, 12:06:22 PM »

Morning, boyos.
That's right around my time. My personal best for a 5K might have been around 29 minutes but it was so long ago that I don't remember exactly.
I did have a sub-30 years ago. But this was a little better than my time last year, so I'll consider that a win.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2023, 12:07:06 PM »

I was starting to get nervous myself.

Wordle 763 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2023, 12:20:49 PM »

Morning, boyos.
I did have a sub-30 years ago. But this was a little better than my time last year, so I'll consider that a win.
Absolutely, you should.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2023, 12:52:54 PM »

Weekend spotlight from CI:

They’re back and itching to find a spot in your humidor! For just this weekend, we’re rolling out the red carpet with a slick 30% OFF select Java boxes across all three blends!
Interesting. And by the way I saw your post last night about the ACID cigars. There are a bunch of different ones and so I can't speak to all of them... But I definitely have smoked ones that were flavored and tasted NOTHING like pipe tobacco. Just sayin'.
Now if you want something that in no way tastes natural....CAO Moontrance.  You can't store those things in a humi with other cigars.  And that aroma...it's like stripper glitter, once you get it on you you can't get it off.

That's what I'm talking about! There were two different ACIDs with a blue label (can't recall their names) and they were like the Moontrance you described.

And of course, I was generalizing which is never good.
I think the most popular blue label ones are Kuba Kuba and Blondie.  Never had either.  Have had the Tabak's which I enjoy as with the Java.  The retired 5's, the Opulence 3, 20th anniversary and Toast are interesting, and to me anyway give that pipe smoke impression.

*The things a PW would admit to in a post, just to get to page 2.... :-[

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2023, 12:55:08 PM »

They’re back and itching to find a spot in your humidor! For just this weekend, we’re rolling out the red carpet with a slick 30% OFF select Java boxes across all three blends!
Interesting. And by the way I saw your post last night about the ACID cigars. There are a bunch of different ones and so I can't speak to all of them... But I definitely have smoked ones that were flavored and tasted NOTHING like pipe tobacco. Just sayin'.
Now if you want something that in no way tastes natural....CAO Moontrance.  You can't store those things in a humi with other cigars.  And that aroma...it's like stripper glitter, once you get it on you you can't get it off.
The wife used to enjoy those back in the day.
Mine did too...should have been a warning sign...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2023, 01:06:00 PM »

Page 3!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2023, 01:07:20 PM »

and...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2023, 01:08:12 PM »

The wife used to enjoy those back in the day.
Mine did too...should have been a warning sign...
LALTS

And in my coinky dink of the day, FB is telling me she actually had one on this day 11 years ago. I had an Est 1844. Boy, I sure miss those.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2023, 01:09:26 PM »

Seems we've got the dark hair going today.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2023, 01:40:48 PM »

Morning, boyos.
Absolutely, you should.
Actual time was probably closer to 31 flat, but a bunch of people were walking after the start line crowding up the area, slowing everyone down. If you're gonna walk, wait until everyone else has gone, sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2023, 03:26:28 PM »

Morning, boyos.
Absolutely, you should.
Actual time was probably closer to 31 flat, but a bunch of people were walking after the start line crowding up the area, slowing everyone down. If you're gonna walk, wait until everyone else has gone, sheesh.
You always have to account for stupidity.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2023, 04:30:29 PM »

Morning, boyos.
Absolutely, you should.
You always have to account for stupidity.
First time I've come across that in a race, so I wasn't expecting it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4