« Reply #300 on: March 26, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »

« Reply #301 on: March 26, 2015, 04:08:19 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
Means nothing to me but might to some of you F,L and 4.5 & 6 trains are shut down.
since it it only a two block walk to Penn station( the long ave blocks!)
going to head out now.  might effect the trains coming from the douglastown yards.

Good luck, Flip
Good idea hope your ride is smooth.

« Reply #302 on: March 26, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »

Well, sh!t... must be siesta time. I'll just tip-toe back out.
Sorry, saw a facebook sidebar for a big model train shown this
 weekend in Edison, NJ.  just navigated back.
If you like model trains, have you ever been to Northlandz, north of Flemington on Rt. 202?
I like model trains, but I have found that the opinion of
 the husband/father is not necessarily that of management
 in my house(or in the car near Flemington either!).
I did propose we go once, but was quickly outvoted 2 to one.

My Dad and youngest brother are into trains. All I can say is, no matter what scale/gauge you prefer, it still takes up a shitload of room in a basement.
I don't have any trains but like watching them operate, they are really neat I think.
I inherited my late FIL's trains.  Have them all carefully packed away because I've never had a room to set up a layout.  Some of the trains came from Germany right after the war.  I'm told they're collector pieces.
some of the scratch built brass pieces can be worth thousands.  Heck a $90
die cast engine add on from Lionel from the 60's is close to a thousand now.  that's when a
complete plastic locomotive set with transformer used to cost around $30 dollars.

« Reply #303 on: March 26, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.

« Reply #304 on: March 26, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Some shit not even sure what it is.

« Reply #305 on: March 26, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Hopefully toast my ex....
Ouch.

« Reply #306 on: March 26, 2015, 04:10:40 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.
All the news all the time right here on the banter.

« Reply #307 on: March 26, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.
That translates to get your ass back to work and quit Fuk'n off thinking about going home early.

« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2015, 04:13:50 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Nah, he's just grumping it out...
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #309 on: March 26, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Hopefully toast my ex....
Ouch.

TWSS  ;)

« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.
what time were you leaving, I've got cigars for you?
got to go to computer room, give me a text when you know.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Nah, he's just grumping it out...

Guess that's why I had to ask... couldn't tell a difference.  ;D jk

That sh!t can really clog the sinus'. Gives me migraines. Not pleasant at all.

« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2015, 04:22:17 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.
So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
At least I am surrounded by kindness.
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Nah, he's just grumping it out...

Guess that's why I had to ask... couldn't tell a difference.  ;D jk

That sh!t can really clog the sinus'. Gives me migraines. Not pleasant at all.

« Reply #313 on: March 26, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.
what time were you leaving, I've got cigars for you?
got to go to computer room, give me a text when you know.
I honestly don't know.  I have to get on a conference call in 8 minutes.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »

Uh...did we slip into some bizarre parallel universe while I was at PT?

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/mcdonald-launches-big-mac-fashion-lifestyle-collection-article-1.2163002

Merchandising... the "Murican way!

You think those Duck Dynasty hillbillies are making all their stacks from the show... Shiiiii

They's got's they own seegar!