CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: 3/24/2015  (Read 39175 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 3/24/2015
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2015, 11:10:55 AM »

http://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-changes-papas-fritas-packaging-lowers-price/81657?utm_content=buffer049bf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Not sure how much better the sales will be with those big boxes. But I'm sure Joe will get at least 2.

Definitely stings that we'll have to buy so many at a time now, though I'm sure places will still sell them in smaller size lots.  Morning, and Happy Tuesday, all.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »

http://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-changes-papas-fritas-packaging-lowers-price/81657?utm_content=buffer049bf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Not sure how much better the sales will be with those big boxes. But I'm sure Joe will get at least 2.

Definitely stings that we'll have to buy so many at a time now, though I'm sure places will still sell them in smaller size lots.  Morning, and Happy Tuesday, all.
Agreed - 50 is a little aggressive, but I guess other brands are doing it with their smaller sticks too.  Mornin Joe!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »

Agreed - 50 is a little aggressive, but I guess other brands are doing it with their smaller sticks too.  Mornin Joe!

Yeah, there's precedent.  And it's not like box splits are impossible to pull off.  Be a while before I need to reload on them anyway, and despite what people say who just regurgitate what they read online without any actual evidence, I think they do just fine with 'age'.  Still have some from their original release and they've every bit as good as the ones I'll smoke fresh.

Morning, Shaun.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »

Mornin', Joe.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2015, 11:23:39 AM »

Morning Joe.

sfish

« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »

Yeah, there's precedent.  And it's not like box splits are impossible to pull off.  Be a while before I need to reload on them anyway, and despite what people say who just regurgitate what they read online without any actual evidence, I think they do just fine with 'age'.  Still have some from their original release and they've every bit as good as the ones I'll smoke fresh.

Morning, Shaun.
Alright take it easy Joe, don't come in all chippy!

dwgbryant

« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »

morning Joe.

dwgbryant

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »

more coffee and an EPC 2nd.
got a visit from the Baptists to invite me to their church, nice guys, always nice to be prayed for.
cleaning golf clubs for tomorrow, going to be in the mid to high 80's.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2015, 11:30:06 AM »

Morning Dean, Dave, Tony, Scott.

Picked up a Garage Brewing Marshmallow Milk Stout over the weekend. Sounded like ST Creme Brûlée but not quite as sweet. Intended to drink it Sunday but whiskey got to me first.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »

more coffee and an EPC 2nd.
got a visit from the Baptists to invite me to their church, nice guys, always nice to be prayed for.
cleaning golf clubs for tomorrow, going to be in the mid to high 80's.
whenever i get the Jehovah's Witness,
or the Mormons who show up at the door, I tell them
I am a practicing Druid/Wiccan, and would they like to
celebrate the next full moon naked with me. 
 They go away fast!  8)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »

Picked up a Garage Brewing Marshmallow Milk Stout over the weekend. Sounded like ST Creme Brûlée but not quite as sweet. Intended to drink it Sunday but whiskey got to me first.
say Joe, (and any other of the scotch drinking cognoscenti!)
 take a look at this link, of different single malt / malt blends scotches.
 My son's 31st birthday is coming up. advice would be helpful. Either one killer
under $200, or a combo of different tastes like a home grown sampler
http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/store/pc/Single-Malt-Blended-Malt-Whisky-c312.htm?pageStyle=p&ProdSort=3&page=3&idCategory=312

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »

Morning, Shaun.
Alright take it easy Joe, don't come in all chippy!
Who are you kidding?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/store/pc/Single-Malt-Blended-Malt-Whisky-c312.htm?pageStyle=p&ProdSort=3&page=3&idCategory=312
Aberlour 12yr is amazing, highly recommend that choice - also fairly easy drinking.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »

Aberlour 12yr is amazing, highly recommend that choice - also fairly easy drinking.
Glenmo Nectar D'Or is also amazing

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

I'm still only learning my own preferences for scotch, can't speak to any high end recommendations. That said, if I had $200 to spend on ONE bottle right now, had to get
It today (meaning no special editions/yearly releases and regularly available), I'd go for an older Japanese whiskey. Yamazaki 18, or Hibiki 17 year or older.

But speaking of Scotch, got a Laphroaig/Auchentoshan tasting tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22