Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Obvious coinkydink of the day:. Two all-star baseball players named Steve, both coming out of Florida.
Not a coinky-dink, really, but I did spend a rather drunken evening with Rick Nielsen crawling music clubs in New Orleans in 1998.

Today's Over/Under is 9
Slacking again, 5.
You're as up and down as the stock market.
Feeling mostly down right now. Pretty sure I've developed a fever, but as our thermometer has recently been misplaced, I can't be certain.

First time getting sick since March 2020. It was a hell of a run, but picked a shitty time to happen. We're all gonna take tests tomorrow, see if anyone else is positive before deciding what to do about Xmas festivities.
Rectal or oral?  ....may help in locating it....just saying.   :-\

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Hector Elizondo is 86.
Country singer Red Steagall is 84.
Former World Bank Group President Paul Wolfowitz is 79.
Baseball Hall of Famer Steve Carlton is 78.
Former ABC News anchor Diane Sawyer is 77.
Rock singer-musician Rick Nielsen (Cheap Trick) is 74.
Rock singer-musician Michael Bacon is 74.
Baseball All-Star Steve Garvey is 74.
Golfer Jan Stephenson is 71.
Actor BernNadette Stanis is 69.
Rapper Luther “Luke” Campbell is 62.
Actor Ralph Fiennes (rayf fynz) is 60.
Actor Lauralee Bell is 54.
Country singer Lori McKenna is 54.
Actor Dina Meyer is 54.
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is 52.
Actor Heather Donahue is 49.
Actor Chris Carmack is 42.
Actor Harry Ford is 40.
Actor Greg Finley is 38.
Actor Logan Huffman is 33.
R&B singer Jordin Sparks is 33.
Pop singer Meghan Trainor is 29.
Norwegian tennis player Casper Ruud is 24.
Off again today...really thought you'd get these...
Then I figured Raz would get Rick Nielson butnot Jordin Sparks....

Cohiba Puro Dominicana Robusto
(5.5"x50)10 Cigars
| MSRP: $21.11 per cigar

In Stock
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$6.00
per cigar
$59.99 total price
SAVE 72%

Today's Over/Under is 9
Slacking again, 5.
You're as up and down as the stock market.
Feeling mostly down right now. Pretty sure I've developed a fever, but as our thermometer has recently been misplaced, I can't be certain.

First time getting sick since March 2020. It was a hell of a run, but picked a shitty time to happen. We're all gonna take tests tomorrow, see if anyone else is positive before deciding what to do about Xmas festivities.
Rectal or oral?  ....may help in locating it....just saying.   :-\
LMFAO!

Obvious coinkydink of the day:. Two all-star baseball players named Steve, both coming out of Florida.
Not a coinky-dink, really, but I did spend a rather drunken evening with Rick Nielsen crawling music clubs in New Orleans in 1998.
That sounds like a good time.

Today's Over/Under is 9
Slacking again, 5.
You're as up and down as the stock market.
Feeling mostly down right now. Pretty sure I've developed a fever, but as our thermometer has recently been misplaced, I can't be certain.

First time getting sick since March 2020. It was a hell of a run, but picked a shitty time to happen. We're all gonna take tests tomorrow, see if anyone else is positive before deciding what to do about Xmas festivities.
Rectal or oral?  ....may help in locating it....just saying.   :-\
Hi-yo!

[...]

Of the musicians, I only got Nielsen and Meghan Trainor.

Obvious coinkydink of the day:. Two all-star baseball players named Steve, both coming out of Florida.
Not a coinky-dink, really, but I did spend a rather drunken evening with Rick Nielsen crawling music clubs in New Orleans in 1998.
That sounds like a good time.
It was a good time. It started a bit nerve-wracking. I was at a Microsoft Tech conference. They had a jam session at the Sheraton hotel, so I went and sat in for a couple of songs. I called for a favorite song of mine, "Damn Your Eyes," which was famously done by Etta James. I talked everyone through it quickly, and then we did a reasonably good job jamming it. It got an enthusiastic response from the audience.

Afterward I was standing in the back watching others play. Somebody tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Nice work on the Etta James song." I turned and it was Rick Nielsen. "Holy shit!" sez I. If I'd known he was in the audience, I likely wouldn't have got onstage. So I bought him a beer, and told him about how it had been Sam Taylor who taught me the song at the Chicago Bar in Tucson. Most people haven't heard of Sam Taylor, but the Rolling Stones had to pay him some money because they had "inadvertently" plagiarized a song of his called "Midnight Rambler." Nielsen knew who Taylor was, and also some other musicians in Tucson that I knew.

Nielsen invited me to go with him to catch a set by the Radiators at Tipitina's, which turned into a foray through the music clubs in the French Quarter until about 4am. Good time.

Diesel Wicked
(6.2"x56)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $13.00 per cigar

In Stock
5 out of 5
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$4.00
per cigar
$39.99 total price
SAVE 69%

[...]

That's an awesome story. Listening to the song now on Spotify.

Enjoying a fairly mild afternoon before it goes to hell tomorrow.

[...]

Etta's version or Raz's ?

Enjoying a fairly mild afternoon before it goes to hell tomorrow.
Hell is right. And now I might have to account for 2 days worth of food here I wasn't planning on.

On the plus side, wife is also starting to feel rough in the throat (giggity), so she took a test before leaving for work and it was negative. So that's something, at least for the time being.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6