CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 10/17/2022  (Read 2043 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 10/17/2022
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2022, 01:23:25 PM »

Looking like I might have to turn on the heat tonight.
It's still decent here. The thermostat is set but the furnace hasn't kicked on in a while.
Mine's been kicking on periodically all day. Only 46 here right now, and very windy.
In fact, my weather app is telling me there's a chance of snow tonight into tomorrow morning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2022, 01:56:10 PM »

It's still decent here. The thermostat is set but the furnace hasn't kicked on in a while.
Mine's been kicking on periodically all day. Only 46 here right now, and very windy.
In fact, my weather app is telling me there's a chance of snow tonight into tomorrow morning.
Sheesh on that. Still high 60s here but it means we should expect cold weather in the coming days.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2022, 01:57:19 PM »

Sheesh on that. Still high 60s here but it means we should expect cold weather in the coming days.
Definitely. Got up to 67 yesterday, but not so much today. In fact, not even back into the 50s until Thursday.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2022, 01:58:21 PM »

Actually, not so bad according to my weather app:

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2022, 02:09:31 PM »

If only it were Tuesday...   >:( >:(

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2022, 02:09:38 PM »

Hazzuh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2022, 02:33:59 PM »

It practically is for you, Mr Hazzuh.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2022, 03:02:44 PM »

It practically is for you, Mr Hazzuh.
Still got way too much day here for my tastes.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2022, 03:03:02 PM »

Got a bit of hail on the way to school. Sheesh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2022, 03:15:39 PM »

Lake effect.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2022, 03:26:57 PM »

Lake effect.
At least there's no midges around?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2022, 03:38:45 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, StillUndefeatedBret.
The first four days with new ink are a pain in the ass.
Never done it and it's not looking probable. I think I'm one of the very few without and I'm ok with it.
Once upon a time, tattoos were for warriors. Then white sailors on tall ships came across them south of the equator, and adopted them as badges of hardened seamen who'd seen the Southern Cross. Then the ethic of the rebel loner took hold in American culture, after WWII, and bikers and soldiers sported tattoos. Now? I haven't tried to verify, but I suspect that if we haven't crossed 50% of the human population, it's getting close.

Deep down in the human soul, it's still about seeking a universal truth. Relativism has become the dominant view of ethics in the world, but that conflicts with primeval instinct in the human psyche. If everything is relative, then nothing - and no one - really means anything or has any value.

A tattoo is very difficult, painful, and expensive to erase, and really can't be completely. It leaves scars. So it becomes a fixed reference point in a person's life. Everything else can erode into entropy, but the tattoo leaves a permanent mark even if its vibrancy and definition fade into unrecognizability. It sticks with you. It represents a decision you made that you had to live with. Cogito ergo sum.

Merely having a tattoo now means little. The only way for them to be meaningfully symbolic is to choose carefully what they commemorate. Then you have to live with it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2022, 03:51:52 PM »

Yea, struggling through a 76 degree afternoon here.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2022, 04:01:09 PM »

Yea, struggling through a 76 degree afternoon here.
This should help warm things.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7