CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 9/2/2022  (Read 1102 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
9/2/2022
« on: September 02, 2022, 12:01:53 AM »

It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 9/2/2022
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 03:08:22 AM »

My friend The Tycoon was back in town, and dropped by to hang out in the shop with the Fellowship & Fabrication crew. We drank Blue Label from styrofoam cups and smoked Cohibas. Real Cohibas.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 03:11:07 AM »

Well, allrighty then. Bosh.

This has only happened for me 9 times.

Wordle 440 2/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 04:25:22 AM »

Okay, I'm old and my memory is foggy. Does anyone here remember the Combat Cigar Bar? I can't remember how I got pointed to it, but I think it was KC from the Joe Banter that pointed me to it. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

It was active service guys stationed in Kuwait. I sent a coupla boxes of cigars over there. The guy who was running it was Steve Otamura. We became friends. We met up in DuPont when he got assigned to JBLM here. Not long after, I started a Facebook group called Deez Gun Nutz, and Steve joined. By then he was retired, living in Vegas. He was trying to make Rangemaster at Front Sight. My friend Keith and I had each bought FNS-40 handguns. Steve was a fan of that gun, and he sent me three holsters for it. I gave one to Keith. When we were planning my first trip to Front Sight, we were going to hook up with Steve, but he got sick. None of us knew how sick. He died months later of brain cancer. I ultimately sold my FNS to my brother, and gave him the two holsters for it that Steve had given me. His widow, Kimieko, and I still exchange messages once in a while.

Tonight when I got home from F&F, I was having a drink and watching some YouTube videos about the Battle of 73 Easting, during Desert Storm. 73 Easting is a legendary tank battle, a classic case of modern tank warfare. I watched this particular video, and suddenly, about 2:40, I hear a voice I recognize. Pulled me right out of my chair. Like...holy shit! He never told me he was there.

https://youtu.be/aBG_G678Trg

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 05:42:12 AM »

Okay, I'm old and my memory is foggy. Does anyone here remember the Combat Cigar Bar? I can't remember how I got pointed to it, but I think it was KC from the Joe Banter that pointed me to it. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

It was active service guys stationed in Kuwait. I sent a coupla boxes of cigars over there. The guy who was running it was Steve Otamura. We became friends. We met up in DuPont when he got assigned to JBLM here. Not long after, I started a Facebook group called Deez Gun Nutz, and Steve joined. By then he was retired, living in Vegas. He was trying to make Rangemaster at Front Sight. My friend Keith and I had each bought FNS-40 handguns. Steve was a fan of that gun, and he sent me three holsters for it. I gave one to Keith. When we were planning my first trip to Front Sight, we were going to hook up with Steve, but he got sick. None of us knew how sick. He died months later of brain cancer. I ultimately sold my FNS to my brother, and gave him the two holsters for it that Steve had given me. His widow, Kimieko, and I still exchange messages once in a while.

Tonight when I got home from F&F, I was having a drink and watching some YouTube videos about the Battle of 73 Easting, during Desert Storm. 73 Easting is a legendary tank battle, a classic case of modern tank warfare. I watched this particular video, and suddenly, about 2:40, I hear a voice I recognize. Pulled me right out of my chair. Like...holy shit! He never told me he was there.

That is a very nice and thoughtful post.
You might get a reply like this.....

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 06:13:34 AM »

I remember how shocked I was hearing he'd passed. Same thing with Barry, there was seemingly no warning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 06:36:46 AM »

Good morning, banterers!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 06:37:33 AM »

Good morning, banterers!
And to you, sir. Happy Friday.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 06:42:48 AM »

@razgueado: It's a bit foggy but your post definitely jogged my memory. Steve's name sounds familiar and I recall someone collecting cigars to send over. I imagine that was you. Definitely will watch this video later to see if it jogs my memory further.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 06:44:05 AM »

Good morning, banterers!
How goes it, Dave. Ready for the long weekend?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 06:48:55 AM »

Good morning, banterers!
Very much so. Hitting the links tomorrow morning, maybe doing a little bit of cabinet painting the rest of the weekend, we shall see. Other than that, just relaxing and sleeping in for a couple of days.

Anything on your docket?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 06:55:55 AM »

Good morning, banterers!
Very much so. Hitting the links tomorrow morning, maybe doing a little bit of cabinet painting the rest of the weekend, we shall see. Other than that, just relaxing and sleeping in for a couple of days.

Anything on your docket?
We had considered getting away for the weekend but there is too much to do at the house. We'll be playing furniture Jenga since the floors are supposed to get done next week. Therefore, we have to clear out the living room now too.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 07:06:47 AM »

Good morning, banterers!

Anything on your docket?
We had considered getting away for the weekend but there is too much to do at the house. We'll be playing furniture Jenga since the floors are supposed to get done next week. Therefore, we have to clear out the living room now too.
Remember to lift with your back in a swift, jerking motion.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2022, 07:07:51 AM »

Joe:

Ave Maria Argentum Morning Star - 5/22.50

-or-

Ave Maria Holy Grail - 5/24.99

-or-

Ave Maria Dark Knight Robusto - 5/29.99