CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 8/29/2022  (Read 802 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/29/2022
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 10:32:30 AM »

Nada on the heardle. It was a song I recognized, just not enough to pick out the name or artist.
I'm disappointed in myself. Didn't know the song but should have been able to recognize the artist. Oh well.

#Heardle #186

🔇⬛⬛🟥🟥🟥⬛

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2022, 11:42:45 AM »

Good morning guys. I'm busy at work. Only myself and 1 other.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2022, 11:59:19 AM »

Those boilers aren't gonna service themselves!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2022, 12:02:39 PM »

Lucky second guess.

Wordle 436 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Twinsies!

Wordle 436 3/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2022, 12:42:33 PM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2022, 12:42:46 PM »

Morning, Rick.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2022, 12:42:59 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, ProbablyPage1RazUntilDaveGetsBack.
Morning, Dave.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2022, 01:01:33 PM »

Just visited the doc to be checked because of a couple of seemingly unrelated maladies. Turns out they are related. I've got stones in my submandibular saliva glands likely owing to a history of too much bar food and alcohol in my 20s and 30s, and scar tissue on one of the flexor tendons in my left palm from 44 years of playing guitar.

Diagnosis: I'm an aging musician.

Treatment: Eat five smaller meals a day rather than one or two. Eat less spicy food.  Drink a lot more water and less whiskey. He also said he could recommend playing the guitar less, but being an avid golfer himself with similar tendon issues he knows I won't follow that advice. It's just the price we pay for what we love.

If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have...ah, hell. No I wouldn't.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2022, 01:10:04 PM »

Just visited the doc to be checked because of a couple of seemingly unrelated maladies. Turns out they are related. I've got stones in my submandibular saliva glands likely owing to a history of too much bar food and alcohol in my 20s and 30s, and scar tissue on one of the flexor tendons in my left palm from 44 years of playing guitar.

Treatment: Eat five smaller meals a day rather than one or two. Eat less spicy food.  Drink a lot more water and less whiskey. He also said he could recommend playing the guitar less, but being an avid golfer himself with similar tendon issues he knows I won't follow that advice. It's just the price we pay for what we love.

That sounds like it sucks but at the same time it isn't too bad. He didn't say anything about cutting down on cigars, did he?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2022, 01:11:49 PM »

I've heard of tonsil stones, but never saliva stones. Learn something new every day on the banter.

Just start adding a splash of water to your whiskey, kill two birds with one (ahem) stone.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2022, 01:41:02 PM »

That sounds like it sucks but at the same time it isn't too bad. He didn't say anything about cutting down on cigars, did he?
Well, he said I could consider that, because smoking cigars can stimulate the saliva glands. But he said that they don't have the same impact on the glands as being very hungry and anticipating food. So he said the biggest benefit is going to come from different eating habits, especially on days I have a gig. He said the fact that I've never had an incident from smoking is likely because I always have some food before smoking cigars. But on gig days, eating is a real problem for me. Too much adrenaline.

Every time I've had a gland incident, I was tired and hadn't eaten in over twelve hours and then proceeded to eat a spicy meal. It's the anticipation of the meal that triggers the problem.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2022, 01:41:38 PM »

I've heard of tonsil stones, but never saliva stones. Learn something new every day on the banter.

Just start adding a splash of water to your whiskey, kill two birds with one (ahem) stone.
Right??

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2022, 02:09:59 PM »

Right??
Well, at least he knew enough not to bother trying to restrict the guitar playing. I'd be the same way, get me braced up and back on the course.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2022, 02:15:01 PM »

... It's the anticipation of the meal that triggers the problem.

That's 24x7 for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3