CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: 8/19/2022  (Read 2469 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/19/2022
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2022, 09:31:12 AM »

How's that room coming Tony?  Have electrical, insulation in, sheetrock up?
Plumping and electrical. Expecting inspector next week and then we can cover it up with drywall.
Besides, next payment is due when the drywall is done. Therefore, what's the rush?
Did I ever show the new expanded archway between living and dining?

Looks good!
I'm happy about how it's looking but the increased functionality is life changing. The floor beyond that arch was a half step lower than the dining room. Therefore, if we were entertaining and wanted to have a long table set up between the two rooms, first of all it was tight through the arch. Next the table wasn't level.

Besides, the Roomba is finally not going to get stuck with all the ups and downs on my first floor.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2022, 09:33:20 AM »

Plumping and electrical. Expecting inspector next week and then we can cover it up with drywall.
Besides, next payment is due when the drywall is done. Therefore, what's the rush?

Looks good!
I'm happy about how it's looking but the increased functionality is life changing. The floor beyond that arch was a half step lower than the dining room. Therefore, if we were entertaining and wanted to have a long table set up between the two rooms, first of all it was tight through the arch. Next the table wasn't level.

Besides, the Roomba is finally not going to get stuck with all the ups and downs on my first floor.
The poor Roomba is gonna have to go back to school!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2022, 09:35:10 AM »

Looks good!

Also, the mashed potatoes will no longer slide into your lap.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2022, 09:36:55 AM »

Looks good!

Also, the mashed potatoes will no longer slide into your lap.
Exactly!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 09:40:22 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2022, 09:41:48 AM »

Also important that we got to Page2 for ClemsonDave.
And page 3 for Raz.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2022, 09:41:58 AM »

Contractor just walked in. He wanted to button things up before next week's inspection. So things are moving right along.

Checked on the appliances yesterday and they're all in. The last piece came in earlier this week. It was ordered in November. They're tentatively scheduled to be delivered on 9/15. Fingers crossed the drywall is done and cabinets installed before then.

Actually, the cabinets were only ordered last week but my guy tells me it won't take more than 2-3 weeks. I've heard people waiting 6 months on cabinets recently. Let's hope that's not the case.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2022, 09:43:12 AM »

No jams this week?
Must be giving the shipping department a break.
And that's fine by me too. I ain't really looking anyways.
I'm always looking, just rarely at the jam. Don't really have anything too interesting on them these days.
Remember when new product intro's used to often appear on Jams?
Pretty sure they still introduce the new Buesos that way.
I thought that intro was at a Cfest.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2022, 09:44:34 AM »

Don't forget the insulation!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:03 AM »

No jams this week?
I'm always looking, just rarely at the jam. Don't really have anything too interesting on them these days.
I mean the original intro...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:46 AM »

Contractor just walked in. He wanted to button things up before next week's inspection. So things are moving right along.

Checked on the appliances yesterday and they're all in. The last piece came in earlier this week. It was ordered in November. They're tentatively scheduled to be delivered on 9/15. Fingers crossed the drywall is done and cabinets installed before then.

Actually, the cabinets were only ordered last week but my guy tells me it won't take more than 2-3 weeks. I've heard people waiting 6 months on cabinets recently. Let's hope that's not the case.
Damn, that's a long time for whatever appliance was ordered in November. I remember a friend of mine waited for months for a fridge when she bought a house right around the start of the pandemic. Meanwhile, I picked one out at Lowe's and had it 2 weeks later.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:23 AM »

Glad I asked.  Looking good!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:30 AM »

No jams this week?
I mean the original intro...
They gave the originals away at CF, but they weren't actually released until July of that year, if I remember correctly.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2022, 09:48:14 AM »

I've seen those long wait times around here as well.
Here's hoping he has an inside track.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2022, 09:50:08 AM »

Damn, that's a long time for whatever appliance was ordered in November. I remember a friend of mine waited for months for a fridge when she bought a house right around the start of the pandemic. Meanwhile, I picked one out at Lowe's and had it 2 weeks later.
Neighbors here had their AC go out and whatever it is can't be fixed.  Don't know when the replacement unit will be available.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9