Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 09:11:49 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 09:14:42 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.
The argument is that it is a betrayal of an unwritten contract between the two. It is similar to cheating.

Personally, I can see feeling upset by it but all this cheating talk and a breakup over a few episodes of Stranger Things seems extreme.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »

Only two possible words after the first guess. I guessed the wrong one first. Sigh. Night, lads.

Wordle 425 3/6

🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm also assuming all of our penultimate guesses were the same.
It would certainly appear that way, especially if Raz's statement about 2 possibilities is correct.

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 09:22:34 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.
The argument is that it is a betrayal of an unwritten contract between the two. It is similar to cheating.

Personally, I can see feeling upset by it but all this cheating talk and a breakup over a few episodes of Stranger Things seems extreme.
Yeah, I can see getting pissed, cause I know I would be, and I know the wife would be in a similar situation. But divorce? Sheesh, extreme is definitely the right word there.

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.
Because you wouldn't dare do it.

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »

Checking in at the regular time today.  Better Dave?

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »

Morning Tony and LTG.

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 09:28:56 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.
The argument is that it is a betrayal of an unwritten contract between the two. It is similar to cheating.

Personally, I can see feeling upset by it but all this cheating talk and a breakup over a few episodes of Stranger Things seems extreme.
Yeah, I can see getting pissed, cause I know I would be, and I know the wife would be in a similar situation. But divorce? Sheesh, extreme is definitely the right word there.
It often happens that one or both of us falls asleep. In that case, our rule is that you can finish watching that episode but you NEVER continue on. Then you hold it over their head and threaten to spoil it if they don't catch-up the next day.

For us it is extremely complicated because there are shows we watch as a family. Others we only watch with certain members because others aren't interested or it's inappropriate for the youngest ones. In fact, I rarely get to watch anything on my own.

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 09:29:55 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.
Because you wouldn't dare do it.
Guilty as charged. Good morning, ClemsonDave. Just trying to get us to Page2.

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 09:38:16 AM »

Another lucky guess, after I knew who the artist was.

#Heardle #175

🟩

https://spotify.com/heardle
Five for me.

#Heardle #175

🔊⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩⬜

https://spotify.com/heardle

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 09:38:54 AM »

If you're watching a show with your significant other and you binge ahead for a few episodes or maybe even a season, are those ground for a breakup?

No upcoming divorce here. It happened to be a topic on the radio this morning.
Because you wouldn't dare do it.
Guilty as charged. Good morning, ClemsonDave. Just trying to get us to Page2.
Appreciate that.  Now I need to get us to three for Mr. Raz.

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 09:42:08 AM »

Because you wouldn't dare do it.
Guilty as charged. Good morning, ClemsonDave. Just trying to get us to Page2.
Appreciate that.  Now I need to get us to three for Mr. Raz.

Wet might be able to get 4 in as he seems to have been up very late.

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 09:47:45 AM »

Only two possible words after the first guess. I guessed the wrong one first. Sigh. Night, lads.

Wordle 425 3/6

🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm also assuming all of our penultimate guesses were the same.
It would certainly appear that way, especially if Raz's statement about 2 possibilities is correct.
Bit of a struggle all around today.

Wordle 425 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »

Today is Thursday, Aug. 18, the 230th day of 2022. There are 135 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Aug. 18, 1587, Virginia Dare became the first child of English parents to be born in present-day America, on what is now Roanoke Island in North Carolina. (However, the Roanoke colony ended up mysteriously disappearing.)

On this date:

In 1894, Congress established the Bureau of Immigration.

In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson issued his Proclamation of Neutrality, aimed at keeping the United States out of World War I.

In 1920, the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, guaranteeing American women’s right to vote, was ratified as Tennessee became the 36th state to approve it.

In 1963, James Meredith became the first Black student to graduate from the University of Mississippi.

In 1969, the Woodstock Music and Art Fair in Bethel, New York, wound to a close after three nights with a mid-morning set by Jimi Hendrix.

In 1983, Hurricane Alicia slammed into the Texas coast, leaving 21 dead and causing more than a billion dollars’ worth of damage.

In 1993, a judge in Sarasota, Florida, ruled that Kimberly Mays, the 14-year-old girl who had been switched at birth with another baby, need never again see her biological parents, Ernest and Regina Twigg, in accordance with her stated wishes. (However, Kimberly later moved in with the Twiggs.)

In 2004, in Athens, Paul Hamm (hahm) won the men’s gymnastics all-around Olympic gold medal by the closest margin ever in the event; controversy followed after it was discovered a scoring error cost Yang Tae-young of South Korea the title.

In 2005, a judge in Wichita, Kansas, sentenced BTK serial killer Dennis Rader to 10 consecutive life terms, the maximum the law would allow.

In 2011, Vice President Joe Biden met with Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping in Beijing.

In 2014, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon ordered the National Guard to Ferguson, a suburb of St. Louis convulsed by protests over the fatal shooting of a Black 18-year-old, Michael Brown.

In 2020, Democrats formally made Joe Biden their 2020 presidential nominee at their all-virtual national convention. The Republican-led Senate intelligence committee concluded that the Kremlin had launched an aggressive effort to interfere in the 2016 presidential contest on behalf of Donald Trump, and that the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian intelligence services had posed a “grave” counterintelligence threat.

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 09:52:01 AM »

Only two possible words after the first guess. I guessed the wrong one first. Sigh. Night, lads.

Wordle 425 3/6

🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm also assuming all of our penultimate guesses were the same.
It would certainly appear that way, especially if Raz's statement about 2 possibilities is correct.
Bit of a struggle all around today.

Wordle 425 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

But you kept the streak alive AND you guessed the same penultimate word as the rest of us.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7